PDA

View Full Version : Ohtsu tires

somewon
12-07-2009, 09:31 AM
does anyone know where I can find one of the stock Ohtsu tires that came on my 07 outlander? the size is 25X8x12, and I am having a hard time finding anyone with one in stock.

anybody have a used one they might want to sell?

TRAVISM3
12-14-2009, 04:34 PM
I dont know what to tell you. I have one question. Why would you not want to try Maxxis, GBC, or ITP tires? You spend the extra dollars but you get waaaay more in return. I can promise you this man. You cant go wrong with Maxxis Bighorns, ITP terracross, or GBC Dirt Commanders.

somewon
12-15-2009, 03:13 PM
the only reason I'm not looking for aftermarket tires is because even though this is an '07 I bought it new this summer and only have 100 miles on these tires.

If I were to swap just the fronts for aftermarket (same size as stock) won't that mess with the 4wd system as the new tires would most likley be slightly different actual diameter?

TRAVISM3
12-15-2009, 09:41 PM
aaaaahhhhh You only want one...hmmm...yes you are correct about the 4wd system. The diameter being slightly different will affect it...but .25 inch...I doubt. If youre in slick mud, all they will do is spin anyways. If youre going to ride in 4wd ALOT on hard pack stuff...I would stick with the same tire all the way around. If its only going to be situational, it might be fine to put different tires on the front than the rear. However, my question still lies...why not get something better than those tires. Im going to tell you right now I own 23'' Maxxis Bighorn 2.0s. I have the 23'' for xc racing purpose of lowering the quad and faster starting. Most people run the 25'' tires...why not go with the 25'' bighorns or bighorn 2.0?? Its really a great tire. As for the ohtsu tires...I just tried searching and on my web browser I see forum questions all over about how other people can't find these tires as well. I dont know what to tell you about that. If you still want a cheap cheap tire I would go with the carlisle badlands which is what mine came with stock. They make them 6ply and theyre really not bad for stockies. Anyways, good luck with the tire situation!

somewon
12-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I want to upgrade the tires, but the problem is cash. I may just run these with the 11 plugs I have in the one tire until I can swap them out for some bighorns.

Thanks for the responses!