PDA

View Full Version : are my clutch plates bad?

dubee
12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
hey i was wondering waht was up with my clutch, its like either stop or go.

When you bearly eas out the clutch lever the bike does not move tell the lever is almost all the way out.(almost like you are jummping the clutch to get going just not as bad)

Is there some adjuster i dont know of or maybe clutch plates are on the way out??

Thanks

katch26
12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
the clutch perch is adjustable and if you follow the cable down to the side of the case there is another adjuster there

dubee
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
that just adjust the the lever only dont it?

katch26
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
well the lever controls the whole assembly so if the levers loose the friction point (when it engages) will be high like youre describing. If its really loose it can also never fully engage putting extra wear on the clutch assembly.

12-07-2009, 05:21 PM
what does it feel like when your clutch is slipping?

katch26
12-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by nickyroman
what does it feel like when your clutch is slipping?

well if theyre starting to go itll start slipping when you put a heavy load on it. You have to know that youre cable is adjusted correctly first......basically the motor will be working hard but youre not really going anywhere,

12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by katch26
well if theyre starting to go itll start slipping when you put a heavy load on it. You have to know that youre cable is adjusted correctly first......basically the motor will be working hard but youre not really going anywhere,

Becuase twice today i was hauling complete *** and id shift up and its would just sound like it wasnt latching onto any gear or it was going into neutral. IM not sure if it went into neutral because i didnt look. But when it had the shifter would hit my foot like come down on it. Could i just have not been shifting hard enough and going right into neutral?