PDA

View Full Version : 400ex vs z400

bcapien
12-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Ok i have a questions.. My friend has a 2003 z400 that he just put the 440 big bore kit on and also a slip on exhaust.. Its kinda fast only when he hits 4th gear but my stock 400ex would beat him until he hit 4th.. He would pull away a few bikes but then i would catch back up.. So i was mad and put my bike i the shop. My 400ex will be done Tuesday and here is a list of things we did.. I added a 416cc kit.. Stage 2 hot cam. New HD timing chain.. Amr stage 2 CDI and also Monster coil. Eldelbrock quicksilver carb and EBC clutch with HD springs.. I also added White Bros exhaust.. I did a lot of other things but nothing that would add HP.. I rhino lined frame,a arms,swingarm and subframe. I also added douglas stem and new bearings on everything and also new rear chain and amr decal kit and upgraded to a new set of front 450r shocks.. Will my bike be faster now?? Besides his 440 kit and exhaust he has nothing else.. Please post and let me know what you think.. Thanks

bkelley
12-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Well, yeah. You just put over $1000 into your bike, I hope it comes out faster.

honda400ex2003
12-07-2009, 12:34 PM
it should be quite a bit faster but it will be quite a bit heavier with all the rhino on it. why not powder coat it or something instead of doing that to it? you should be beating the z if you were close before. steve

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
i have a stock z 400 and a buddy of mine has a 440ex with k&n and hmf slip on....they run dead even down the road gear for gear....the 440ex dynoed right at 30hp....this past weekend i put a full hmf exhaust on the z400 and it tears that 440ex up until we redline 5th gear and he slowly passes me...but threw the gears i get 5-6 lenghts on him not a problem.....if your buddy has a z id watch out those dohc engines make some serous hp!....maybe a port and polish is in your feture?

12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by dirtman91386
i have a stock z 400 and a buddy of mine has a 440ex with k&n and hmf slip on....they run dead even down the road gear for gear....the 440ex dynoed right at 30hp....this past weekend i put a full hmf exhaust on the z400 and it tears that 440ex up until we redline 5th gear and he slowly passes me...but threw the gears i get 5-6 lenghts on him not a problem.....if your buddy has a z id watch out those dohc engines make some serous hp!....maybe a port and polish is in your feture?

Up goes the BS flag.

As much as I like those zuk motors more, that 400ex was seriously SCREWED UP. Either tired, or tuned way way off. The z400 is a little faster stock for stock. But a 440ex with a cam and slightly higher compression, will make a joke of a Z400 hands down. Around 42hp.

The Z400's with a 450 stroker, cam, and portwork are very very fast though. (And doug gust can prove that.. haha)

sab24711
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
z400s out of the box will beat a 400ex out the box on any day that ends in a "y". sorry all you 400ex fans (i am too) but you cant win them all.

12-07-2009, 04:07 PM
a z400 made by ****zuki is not going to stop a 400ex with all mods (except engine). It would be somewhat close tho. So if you have a 440ex like that one dude said...and all the bs on it...hes not winning.

12-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by nickyroman
a z400 made by ****zuki is not going to stop a 400ex with all mods (except engine). It would be somewhat close tho. So if you have a 440ex like that one dude said...and all the bs on it...hes not winning.

DUde.. sorry to inform you.. but at some point the Honda bias has to stop.

The cold hard fact is, both fully modded out, the Z400 IS FASTER. The liquid cooling and DOHC gives it an advantage over the 400ex. Plus the motor is more similar to a 450 motor then the 400ex. With a 450 stroker, cams, high compression and porting, you can get the Z's easily into the low 50's.

Doug Gust's Z400 was so damn fast, they actually pulled it apart after one of the races to make sure it was in the legal CC limit. And yup, 449 right on the nose. (Yeah he's a fast rider, but that Z hauled the mail.)

bcapien
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I will post what happens in the race.. I am sure i will beat him with no problem.. I have way more mods with way more HP now.. I will try to video it..

12-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes thast will happen but thats not what im saying. IM saying if a z400 is stock and a 440ex is totally worked.

Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
DUde.. sorry to inform you.. but at some point the Honda bias has to stop.

The cold hard fact is, both fully modded out, the Z400 IS FASTER. The liquid cooling and DOHC gives it an advantage over the 400ex. Plus the motor is more similar to a 450 motor then the 400ex. With a 450 stroker, cams, high compression and porting, you can get the Z's easily into the low 50's.

Doug Gust's Z400 was so damn fast, they actually pulled it apart after one of the races to make sure it was in the legal CC limit. And yup, 449 right on the nose. (Yeah he's a fast rider, but that Z hauled the mail.)

brewster426
12-07-2009, 05:02 PM
i have a 400ex with a 426 big bore kit and full hmf. its a 99 with stock valvetrain. my friend has a z400 witha 440 kit and an aftermarket intake cam with full yoshi exauhst. if we both leave good we are about heads up till i hit 5th gear and the z pulls hard. but if we get in the woods, i just about run over him. the z is lowered too, although he has stock shocks and i have elkas. the 400ex takes off in the woods (hands down the z has alot better motor) although i hate to say it. but im not a drag racer so i dont really care about straight lines..just as long as i know that i have him in the woods any day of the week puts a smile on my face :)

katch26
12-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Yes thast will happen but thats not what im saying. IM saying if a z400 is stock and a 440ex is totally worked.

but thats not what he asked. Hes wondering if his slightly modded will be able to hang with a fully modded z-400. I'm going to say no......but it depends on the parts going in, you cant just throw parts together and have it be fast they all have to work together to make it fast.

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Up goes the BS flag.

As much as I like those zuk motors more, that 400ex was seriously SCREWED UP. Either tired, or tuned way way off. The z400 is a little faster stock for stock. But a 440ex with a cam and slightly higher compression, will make a joke of a Z400 hands down. Around 42hp.

The Z400's with a 450 stroker, cam, and portwork are very very fast though. (And doug gust can prove that.. haha)

ill post a video of some races for ya...but the complete list of mods on the 440ex are the 440 kit higher comp y zpiston k&n and a slip on hmf...and it has been dyno tuned and made 30hp and 27tq at the wheels....my z 400 with a full hmf pipe tears this thing up....on the street or in the dirt....ill post some vids for ya....the reason i think my bike kills it is because the 440ex does not have an aftermarket header....hope you own a 400 ex!! THAT WAY YOU CAN SEE IF MY TAIL LIGHT WORKS!!!!

dirtking
12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
here is another bs moment, the 400ex is faster than the z, cause back when mine was stock i raced a z with a yosi slippon and this wasnt no fake race, there was a guy flaggin and we were hitin gears at the exact same time but we raced at least a mile and the whole way the z front tires were with my stock 400ex back tires. so i myself know the 400ex is faster

Duf6
12-07-2009, 05:18 PM
me and a friend got our '04 400s at the same time, mines a ex his was a z, we raced them a bunch of times and ours were pretty even stock just depended on who got the better start, but like with cars some might run better from the factory than others and some might be lemons

12-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Up goes the BS flag.

ill post a video of some races for ya...but the complete list of mods on the 440ex are the 440 kit higher comp y zpiston k&n and a slip on hmf...and it has been dyno tuned and made 30hp and 27tq at the wheels....my z 400 with a full hmf pipe tears this thing up....on the street or in the dirt....ill post some vids for ya....the reason i think my bike kills it is because the 440ex does not have an aftermarket header....hope you own a 400 ex!! THAT WAY YOU CAN SEE IF MY TAIL LIGHT WORKS!!!!

Haha... That's alright. I sold the 400ex, and have a banshee. Hope you like the smell of Klotz because that's all you'll smell when im in front of you:p

When I had my 400ex, I raced a stock Z.
400ex- Full DMC exhaust, Pro Design filter
Z400- bone stock baffle removed

I'm a heavier rider.

I stayed dead even with him through all the gears, but he would still start to slightly pull on me in 4th.

12-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Haha... That's alright. I sold the 400ex, and have a banshee. Hope you like the smell of Klotz because that's all you'll smell when im in front of you:p

I'm a heavier rider.

I stayed dead even with him through all the gears, but he would still start to slightly pull on me in 4th.

Not saying your a bad rider at all...but most peolpe with banshee's eier cant ride them.

12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Not saying your a bad rider at all...but most peolpe with banshee's eier cant ride them.

LOL no offense taken. I consider myself a fairly good rider. I know what you're talking about, those dumb f's that buy banshee's and walk around like they own the place and can't ride. But no ive been riding for 9 years now and although im not pro level or anything, i consider myself to be decent. I jump it, hillclimb, etc.

12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh and if you go on bansheehq or hillclimbersforum, almost all of them or good riders. It's mainly local people that are new to this stuff that suck on them.

One time I was riding at marshalls creek, and this mexican had a done-up banshee. I was like oh damn can't wait to see it roll.

The guy kept stalling it and WASN'T HITTING POWERBAND AT ALL.. lol.. thing was loading up and smoking up a storm.

12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh and if you go on bansheehq or hillclimbersforum, almost all of them or good riders. It's mainly local people that are new to this stuff that suck on them.

One time I was riding at marshalls creek, and this mexican had a done-up banshee. I was like oh damn can't wait to see it roll.

The guy kept stalling it and WASN'T HITTING POWERBAND AT ALL.. lol.. thing was loading up and smoking up a storm.

Yea i hate those people like if you suck you cant be good on a good machine. Some newb had a 450r in the woods with me i Roosted him in the woods and jumped twice his distance. He had me by 50 more cc's and that makes a differenece if you can ride. The faster your quad is the faster you should be able to go if you know what your doing.

honda400ex2003
12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
ill gladly line up against anyone anywhere no matter if i win or not. doesnt matter to me i may even put some money on it if it was woods. people are funny when they cant ride. lol. steve

12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
ill gladly line up against anyone anywhere no matter if i win or not. doesnt matter to me i may even put some money on it if it was woods. people are funny when they cant ride. lol. steve

Exactly.

It also pisses me off when I work hard to mod my quad, and start off with an 89, and some spoiled kid in school has his mommy and daddy buy him a BRAND NEW 450 as a first quad.. And they talk all bad because of it when they can't ride for crap. Drives me nuts.

12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
i hate that. Especially when they go and trash it the next day and flip it 100 times. This one kid talks like hes the best. And will never go riding cuz he sucks dick...but he alwasy talks ****. I cant wait til the day i see him riding im guna roost the sh** outa him haha.

12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
i hate that. Especially when they go and trash it the next day and flip it 100 times. This one kid talks like hes the best. And will never go riding cuz he sucks dick...but he alwasy talks ****. I cant wait til the day i see him riding im guna roost the sh** outa him haha.

12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Exactly.

It also pisses me off when I work hard to mod my quad, and start off with an 89, and some spoiled kid in school has his mommy and daddy buy him a BRAND NEW 450 as a first quad.. And they talk all bad because of it when they can't ride for crap. Drives me nuts.

haha i know whatcha mean. my mom and dad bought my 450r for a used price few years back. but i payed for all of the mods to it.. theres a kid like that at my school. just got a 08 crf250r bike and he walks around talking crap about everyone elses stuff when ive already beat him on the track and drag racing. i just let it go. doesnt bother me i dont get my stuff handed to me like he does.

honda400ex2003
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
you can sleep well at night knowing you beat him, along with buying your own stuff. i know i do when i race my buddies and such. I have a buddy with a ltr 250 that i spanked bad. he was talking smack so i finally got him out riding. turns out is big bad ltr is geared so low it was rediculous and i still beat him throughout. he claims he has about 1000 bucks in the motor. i said he got ripped off. lol. steve

MidnightBlade
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
my dad bought me my 05 400ex used this year for 2700 but i payed for all the stuff on it i got a pipe for $50 and im related to the cycle shop that i go to so i get some discounts and free exchanges on my jets but check out my vid of me and my cousin drag racing i have the yellow 400ex and he has the ltr450 and Brute Force 750 with efi fully auto go to youtube.com and look up 400ex vs ltr450 and cick on the first one

12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Ever since my dad died in 6th grade i buy everything myself. I never rode until last year since i was young. I bought my 07 as a left for an amazing price off the floor. I put everythnig on it with my own money. And when i beat people in a drag or on a track it feels so sweet to just say i put my own money in and your parents did everything for you to make it fast a hell and i still ripped your Sh**, and they have nothing to say, but ride away and stall 20 feet away from me.

12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
sorry to hear about your dad man.. :(

12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by honda4life818
sorry to hear about your dad man.. :(

x2... I don't know what id do if that happened to me:(

12-07-2009, 07:20 PM
What can i do. Every time i got hurt, he said get back up...thats what i did. When you fall you get back up, thats all you can do and move on. I think about him everyday and how he tought me how to ride a yz85 when i was 8-9 and almost died funniest thing ever. My family had 8 quads and 6 Bikes and a Polaris Ranger. Couldnt satisfie my addiciton til last summer. But boy was it good. When people ask me why i do crazy things like hit big jumps or do steep hill climbs, i laugh and just say after the stuff Ive been thru theyres not much to live for. Long Story short, ive been through more then that and the only thing that really gets my mind out of it is riding...Enough of the sob story to time to get back to the thread lol keep the newbie storys coming theyre hilarious.

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Haha... That's alright. I sold the 400ex, and have a banshee. Hope you like the smell of Klotz because that's all you'll smell when im in front of you

I'm a heavier rider.

I stayed dead even with him through all the gears, but he would still start to slightly pull on me in 4tH

glad you got a banshee! i also have raptor 700r...lets just say you better have a port job...or again my tail light is what you get!!

honda400ex2003
12-07-2009, 07:26 PM
i have too many to type up. i dont have that much time tonight. lol. sorry about your dad. steve

12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Haha... That's alright. I sold the 400ex, and have a banshee. Hope you like the smell of Klotz because that's all you'll smell when im in front of you

I'm a heavier rider.

I stayed dead even with him through all the gears, but he would still start to slightly pull on me in 4tH

glad you got a banshee! i also have raptor 700r...lets just say you better have a port job...or again my tail light is what you get!!

haha whats done to it? If it's just pipe, intake, and programmer, ill race ya anytime. 700's don't scare me. They're fast, probably right about even with the banshee, but ive already raced one with the big three and a lighter rider and beat em.
Plus, im getting it ported sooner or later. Say hello 65hp and bye bye raptor.. for just 275 bucks.
Ahh gotta love 2-strokes.

12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
BTW I like the color scheme you got going there, sharp looking raptor:cool:

12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
yea...i wanna buy a banshee one day. Badly.

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
that raptor is not to be taken lightly...it dynod at 52 hp and 50tq...the tq is what kills everybike i have ever drag raced...i have many many vids of me killing banshees,450's...and what ever else...i also ownded a banshee with t5's k&n advanced timing and it only dynoed at 42hp and 27 tq....even with me riding the banshee and my friends riding the raptor it just cant be done...that tq is incredible off the line....plus it out fitted with some serious paddles in the sand!!! good luck hit up toledo some time and ill show ya what 2nd place looks like

k2thej88
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
back to the original post, the z hands down is better then a ex ANY day, i ride wheelies by a 440 every day with my kfx 400 wit only full big gun exhaust honestly the honda 450 only gets me by a couple lengths!!

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
throw some pics of your banshee up....butt to be honest i did alot of research on bikes before i got that raptor and did the corect mods and had it tuned....basically i spent alot of money just so i never loose...but i have owned alot of quads....and all have been modded to the max except for engine work....

k2thej88
12-07-2009, 07:53 PM
i will vouch for dirtman ^ i ride wit him and his brother all the time and our buddy has the 440 ex and is always in the back of the pack :( but anyways i have seen only few bikes beat him and they were crazy nasty modded banshees that can ONLY go straight!

12-07-2009, 07:53 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk169/nickyroman/jetrent_005_329103843.jpg

This is my 90. Its has 100 hp. Poreted Polished, dynoed, dont look down appon it i rip 450's everyday...and banshees. Il race you for pinks...if you enjoy seeing my brakelight. haha.

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
correction on that ktothej....only been beat by one banshee....it was a 485cc on 110octane....and i was told it dynoed at 113hp....thats more than a 600cc street bike!!!

k2thej88
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
eh those are just minor details hahaha!

k2thej88
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
nickyroman- you think i could rip a few gears on that nnasty 90? ha

12-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by k2thej88
nickyroman- you think i could rip a few gears on that nnasty 90? ha

sure but watch out its bore is so big if you hit the rev limiters all its aftermarket parts might get skrewd up...i mean after all i did bore it to a 680cc i think..they even prted it and polised it for me timinig advance key the whole deal..but yea go ahead see how you like my trx680.

odog
12-07-2009, 08:01 PM
z's are faster hands down i ride with a kfx 400 and it is much faster than a 400ex thats stock. mod for mod a z is a little faster you will have to have about $500 dollars more worth of mods to outrun a z once they upgrade there exhaust filter and cams and cdi box. it will probley take a 416ex to beat it

k2thej88
12-07-2009, 08:04 PM
timing adanced key on a four stroke? intresting!!haha

12-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok you may be right...but my 90 will take it "hands down". We can race if you wanna get roosted by all the gravel and chunks of the road it shoots up from its killer torque.

Originally posted by odog
z's are faster hands down i ride with a kfx 400 and it is much faster than a 400ex thats stock. mod for mod a z is a little faster you will have to have about $500 dollars more worth of mods to outrun a z once they upgrade there exhaust filter and cams and cdi box. it will probley take a 416ex to beat it

12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't think people realize how much torque these things have. It's damn near 40 (high 30's) stock. And that banshee must have had low-end pipes. A healthy stock piped banshee will push out about 46-48hp. I'll stand behind my words, I don't care. Video's prove nothing, and I have seen many "sick" banshee's that are turds. Mine runs very strong for a stock piped shee and with my pipes it screams. (I believe stops at 11,5 according to DMC's dyno chart)

If I can get the right traction, I can pretty much take down all the local bikes except for other banshee's that are modded more extensively.
But I don't hate on other bikes. I'd kill to add a raptor 700 to my stable for the trails. But the 4-strokes just don't have the guts for my riding. Out at the hills, 4-strokes ALWAYS start to bog at the top. When I banshee hits powerband, it stays there. And pulls and pulls and pulls.

A stock stroke hotrods with an aggressive HJR dune port and cool head is in my future:devil:

12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh and the look on their face is priceless when they find out mine is a 20 year old quad (1989) haha:D

I take back what I said, there's one quad I haven't raced yet which I think will beat me by a little. 2005 predator with a 560, high compression, cams, and porting.

k2thej88
12-07-2009, 08:14 PM
do you have cool heads and doms or anything on the shee? and better reeds?

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
its a stock head...but it could be decked...but i doubt it....tell um k2j....yours will give it run for the money if its got stock heads....

k2thej88
12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
that it will with stock heads! ive done oit before and would love to do it again

12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
do you have cool heads and doms or anything on the shee? and better reeds?

done out cant get much more afterarket everything except headers.

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
spend the money....had them on mine made a big difference but you gotta run 110octane 16cc...got them custom from banshee forum.com....i think the smallest you can get from cool head is 18cc....but get them!!!

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 08:37 PM
other wise k2thej is going to runnin you down!

Pipeless416
12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
stop getting so off topic. i have a fully modded 416ex and my dad has a stock z with a full big gun evo x.. mine barely edges it out. piped z's are fast. they make very different types of power and mine feels like it'll pull stumps out of the ground, whereas his loves to rev. in an all out drag, its close, and i have a ton into the engine.

powermadd400ex
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
another one?

12-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Honda's may not be the fastest, but theyre deffienetly the most reliable, and thats mostly what most people look for in a quad as long as its not to much slower.

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 09:19 PM
kfx, dvx or ltz all the way....if you got a 400ex you dont want any piece of these machines!! and as far as reliability if it starts everytime runs everytime....then ride it everytime....every quad has its problems

12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
kfx, dvx or ltz all the way....if you got a 400ex you dont want any piece of these machines!! and as far as reliability if it starts everytime runs everytime....then ride it everytime....every quad has its problems

how many ****zuki's have you seen starting with the totally stock engine starting 23 years after it was produced????

dirtman91386
12-07-2009, 09:25 PM
i suppose your forgetting the lt250 and the quadzillas?....even the lt230 is getting up there....ant like to 400ex is 23 years old....

bcapien
12-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Did anyone even read the 1ST POST?? I have a fully modded 416ex with everything you can do.. There really isnt anything else i can do but a bigger bore.. My 416ex is not stock.. The z400 only has a pipe and big bore kit and thats it.. The z400 has stock cam,Cdi and alos coil.. I will race and get a video.. I think you Z guys are going to be shocked when my 416ex kills his z400

Duf6
12-07-2009, 10:05 PM
i agree you have a better cam and settup i think you should be faster

tyman2395
12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Listen dirtman you said nothing will touch your raptor? I will bet money that my ktm 525 xc will make a joke of it, as i seen it done before it was all stock except a hindle slip on. The raptor was an 09 fuel injected, full gytr pipe, programmer on it and k&n air filter and some other stuff. We did a few drag races. My 525 pulled strong right through all the gears, pulled the raptor in every gear and beat it buy like 4 bike lengths. Buddy that had it was cool about it and said "that is the first mostly stock bike to beat my powerhouse" haha. So if you wanna say you can beat anything well think again buddy i will make your raptor go extinct. lol And now i got a 13:1 compression piston so i will have to get a video and show you how you walk all over the raptor.
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/tyman2395/ktm%20525/100_1642.jpg

dirtman91386
12-08-2009, 07:03 AM
first a raptor with a gytr pipe and programmer is not really a challange...but your welcome to try.....a custom tune is where it is at...hope your bike has the *** to spin some 10blades cause thats what your gaunna need to hang with mine....50lbs/ft tq is alot....i cant say i ever raced a 525 before but ive givin fully worked 500's(one had a cam and piston) a few lenghts and beat them by a few lenghts.....stop up to my local sand pit and ill put you in your place...2nd palce!

Ratman
12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
You guys with your atv trash talk makes me laugh . yes i like my ex but my yz needs a mirror to see you guys

12-08-2009, 01:28 PM
first a raptor with a gytr pipe and programmer is not really a challange...but your welcome to try.....a custom tune is where it is at...hope your bike has the *** to spin some 10blades cause thats what your gaunna need to hang with mine....50lbs/ft tq is alot....i cant say i ever raced a 525 before but ive givin fully worked 500's(one had a cam and piston) a few lenghts and beat them by a few lenghts.....stop up to my local sand pit and ill put you in your place...2nd palce!

LOL you talk a lot of crap for someone with a stock piped raptor. I don't want to hear this bullcrap how a custom tune gives you SO much more power. A PC will get you pretty damn close.

But I guess you're a badass because of your stock piped raptor. There are so many quads out there that will WALK ALL OVER your raptor it's rediculous.

Know what the pathetic part is? All it takes is a little portwork and slightly higher compression on my banshee.. or any banshee for that matter.. and I could make childs play of your "badass raptor"

Get a life internet tough guy. And as soon as I get mine ported, if you're ever out this way in PA ill show you what real power is.

tyman2395
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
haha listen dirtman, if i never lived so far away i would come down there and show you how it feels like to have you big bad *** raptor get beat haha

dmc you are right he talkes alot **** for having a slip on, on his bike haha mine has a hindle slip one that must bring my hp to around 140 and 122 pds tq haha he better turbo that raptor before he comes around some real bikes haha dmc use some strawberry sented mixing oil so that he gets a little treat from you racing him haha

Pipeless416
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
lol, this is one of the funniest threads ive seen in a while :D . some new members make me chuckle. it takes all kinds i guess.

tyman2395
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
ya pipeless you got that right lol. I only come on once in awhile and seen this and said i gotta say something and see how far it can go lol

alex10
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I have a 300 and it starts everyday and takes me places. Good quad in my book. :D

12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
haha pipeless i pm'ed you a while back..

12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
lol strawberry? Naw... maybe blueberry, yum:p

I swear some people. Oh my quad has a slip on I can beat everyone.

And who the hell dyno-tunes a quad for JUST an exhaust..:rolleyes:

Pipeless416
12-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by honda4life818
haha pipeless i pm'ed you a while back..

hmm.. it was in my read messages :huh.. i never saw it in my inbox.. anyway, replying now!

honda400ex2003
12-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
lol, this is one of the funniest threads ive seen in a while :D . some new members make me chuckle. it takes all kinds i guess.

agreed, this one and the ensuing brawl over on the new k&n and uni thread. it will make for a good few days. lol. steve

MidnightBlade
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
my 05 400ex kicked a 07 z400's as* with slip on two bros kn and fmf jet kit's all i did to my ex is put on a slip on and new jets this was before i got my sprocketsi beat him by about 4 or 5 bike lengths the kid with the ltr that kicked my as* its his bros quad but he was riding it

12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
HAHA just to rub it in dirtmans face a little more..

The guy on the banshee is on the other forum I go on. It's a stock stroke, stock cylinder dune ported banshee with CPI's. So a piped stock shee with porting. They ran into a guy with a 700 and did some friendly racing.

The win margin is huge. And I highly doubt your full exhaust, intake, and programmer will make up the 10+ lengths the banshee wins by..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aY_OStIpWcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aY_OStIpWcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
haha i love how i was the oen who started all the off topic buisness about newbs...dirtman, your raptor is un beatable bro hahaha NOT. No matter what kind of bike you own something else will ALWAYS be theyre to beat it. And your raptor may be fast...but no where near banshee status. Sorry dirtan your raptor isnt as fast as the people told you when you bought it...or as you think it is. And as for a honda engine lasting 23 years theyre are foar more then anyother company has out the outlasting other bikes with the original engine work. 250x's, trikes, and some r's.

tyman2395
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
lol nice dirtman will probably be speechless now lol. I will have to get some videos of me racing the raptor lol i got one right now but it was taken by a cell phone and is kinda hard to see my bike because it is on the far side but i will see if i can get it on here

monster400ex
12-08-2009, 05:23 PM
a bit random by why do people build a 440ex and not put a full exhaust on it that hurts it so much my 400ex (stock internals)keeps up with a 08 trx450r with a full pipe and a jet kit and air filter until 5 gear

12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by tyman2395
lol nice dirtman will probably be speechless now lol. I will have to get some videos of me racing the raptor lol i got one right now but it was taken by a cell phone and is kinda hard to see my bike because it is on the far side but i will see if i can get it on here

Yup.
I like the video I posted, because it's the only one I know is 100% legit. The guy on the banshee is a straight shooter and the race was all for fun. Plus the video's clear and the strip is very wide open and perfect for drags.

Oh, and I guess dirtman knows that he can be beat and is getting worried. Did you see his thread in the 700 section? "How to get to 60hp"
hahaha. He needs a piston AND cam, with a little porting, to match the hp of a ported shee. Gotta love it so much.

12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
i miss dirtman b*tching about how his raptor puts off 100hp haha

k2thej88
12-08-2009, 06:30 PM
wow u guys are soo cool ur hating on dirtman for having a lil fun on here and to the 525 dirtmans raptor will beat it, and for the banshee lets see some more vids one run ppl have bad drags! and i bet u can grab sand like a 4 stroke

12-08-2009, 06:34 PM
wow u guys are soo cool ur hating on dirtman for having a lil fun on here and to the 525 dirtmans raptor will beat it, and for the banshee lets see some more vids one run ppl have bad drags! and i bet u can grab sand like a 4 stroke

Having a little fun? Well his fun comes off as a self-righteous scumbag. Dissing on other peoples stuff and bragging about his isn't "having a lil fun"

And sand? That's where banshee's shine dude. Where have you been.

12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
You asked for more.. and dissed about sand... well heres more.. in sand. The raptor has paddles too.
This banshee is just a stock piped one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BymCs_Ltk1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BymCs_Ltk1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The banshee MISSES A GEAR COMPLETELY and still ends up pulling the 700.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuZtxLspJtw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuZtxLspJtw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

k2thej88
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
im just saying all the times i been to silverlake dirtmans raptor beats banshees he may come off as a dick or big ego but he has the bragging rights to do so he has lots and lots of drags and only beatin by, yes a banshee but it was set up for drag racing only. and plus he knows what a bansee is able to do, we built one and our buddy also had one and the raptor was always victorious against them!

k2thej88
12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
yea you deff got him ill give ya that i do love the sound of banshees they just sing to ya lol

k2thej88
12-08-2009, 06:46 PM
that raptor sounded stock!

12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
yeah, a stock raptor vs just a piped banshee. A pipe wont do that much to a raptor. So they're about even piped vs piped. Thats my whole point here. He makes it sound like it'll smoke any piped banshee and drag banshee's. It's NOT TRUE.

All these fast "drag banshee's" and modded banshee's he's raced, either had bad riders or werent tuned right. And thats the cold hard truth. 700's are nice but they're far far from unbeatable.

Plus, as soon as you go cheetah, your unstoppable.
Listen to the yellow banshee half way through. That steep hill and it doesn't flinch!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPQB3cjdwyA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPQB3cjdwyA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MidnightBlade
12-08-2009, 06:53 PM
the blue one sounds like a crotch rocket but yea banshees are sick but whatever happened to the 400ex vs banshee why did dirtman have to go so offtopic with his bragging and he never owned or probably rode a 400ex to feel the power

12-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Last vid im gonna post. This is a stock stroke stock cylinder MX ported banshee (so it isn't even as much power as a dune port) and you can tell how potent it is.

It's also one of my favorite banshee's. haha.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okCm5OuMeRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okCm5OuMeRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

k2thej88
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
i guess we can both go by our own expereinces and say well this does that and that does this you guys will never be able to race anyways ha modded raptor and highly modded banshee has got me beat in a race but in the end i still had fun going out there and beating the trails hills sand or w/e i ride on and thats all the really matters to me

12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
i guess we can both go by our own expereinces and say well this does that and that does this you guys will never be able to race anyways ha modded raptor and highly modded banshee has got me beat in a race but in the end i still had fun going out there and beating the trails hills sand or w/e i ride on and thats all the really matters to me

Yup. I ride with all kinds of different quads, and riding is riding. It's not about who has the fastest quad, it's about having a good time with your friends and family. That's really all that matters.

Sure, I like having the fastest quad in my immediate riding group, but we all have fun and ride each others quads.

In the end, everyone has seen different races, everyones had different experiences, so no one will ever agree on anything. But who cares.
Maybe if he is ever out this way, at the mines, we'll have a friendly race. Until then happy trails to you all.

tyman2395
k2thej88-- dirtman said he never raced a 525 yet so how do you know it will beat it? haha

k2thej88
well i have never owned a 400ex but riden many and they are nice bikes but ill take my kfx over one anyday!

k2thej88
12-08-2009, 07:06 PM
i dont know no just messing around lol see ur reaction not what i expected tho lol quite calm unlike others usually they are like ******************************** you dont kno jack blAH blah and freak out haha ive never even seen that bike in person before dont kno much about them either! i did see a ktm 450 run and i about feel in love wit it they are prtty nasty so i cant imagine a 525

k2thej88
i dont know no just messing around lol see ur reaction not what i expected tho lol quite calm unlike others usually they are like ******************************** you dont kno jack blAH blah and freak out haha ive never even seen that bike in person before dont kno much about them either! i did see a ktm 450 run and i about feel in love wit it they are prtty nasty so i cant imagine a 525

MidnightBlade
is that your youtube channel? if so sick bikes

12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by MidnightBlade
is that your youtube channel? if so sick bikes

Who me? No.

The hillclimbersforum one is from hillclimbersforum. All videos of the members.

The last one I posted is DMC-Banshee's channel. Sick rider and really reps the banshee's well.

odog
12-08-2009, 07:20 PM
stock and slightly modded banshees and raptors can be beat by heavy modded 400s at the end of the day it comes down to who's spending the most money and who s the better rider. ok with that been said lets keep this thread about z's and ex's. the z and the 400 will be a close race in 300 feet but after that the z will walk away its about a 2-3mph difference on top end

k2thej88
12-08-2009, 07:21 PM
i got a ? how do i get a pic under my screenname do i need to be on here more not to be a junior member or something?

MidnightBlade
12-08-2009, 07:22 PM
yea hes a great rider helping kawasaki and banshee rep alot

greenblood01
12-08-2009, 07:30 PM
This thread is a huge p*ssing match.

bcapien
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I really was just looking for some answers and didnt want a war here.. I just thought i would ask because i have never owned a 400ex before.. My last bike was a 2001 banshee built to the max and it had lots of power.. There was nothing around here that would even come close and now i got this 400ex and have done what mods i can for now and thought maybe there was some other members on here that would have the same mods and can tell me how fast the bike would be.. I really dont care about racing but to get to the area we ride in we take the main roads for about 10 miles and when my 400ex was stock i was sitting in last and it was making me mad.. So thats why i did my mods plus i needed a bit more power in the trails.. Everything i have owned was bigger then a 400ex.. I had a 01 raptor 660 built, 05 450r with pipe only and a built 01 banshee so this is just a bit less power then everything else.. Thanks for all the replys and again i am not trying to start or get in the middle of any wars just asking questions.. I guess after spending almost a $1,000 on mods i am just curious if i wasted money or will see big improvement.. Thanks again

dirtman91386
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
this is for dmc....what banshee with pipes filter and jetting is throwing down 52hp?.....you cant....you want to port it....thats cool...you can port a 700 too....and about that other thread it only takes 60hp on a 4stroke to beat 70hp 2 stroke....the tq is where it is at...but i owned a banshee with every mod except a port and polish and my raptor still pulled on it hard....and ps i cant belive from a 500 to a 525 is that much difference but hopefully for your sake its a huge difference....your welcome to dis the 700's all you want but like k2thej said....ive been in lots and lots of drags with hundreds of different bikes and mods....and to only be beaten once or twice is good enough for me especially with out even putting a cam piston and porting ....but as foreveryone else sry this got so off topic! and i vote for the ltz kfx dvx all the way

wrekd
12-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Last vid im gonna post. This is a stock stroke stock cylinder MX ported banshee (so it isn't even as much power as a dune port) and you can tell how potent it is.

It's also one of my favorite banshee's. haha.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okCm5OuMeRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okCm5OuMeRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gotta love that 350 2 stroke twin. No other sound like it. I'll get a shee one of these days. Definitely one of my favorite quads.

EDIT: DMC, you from Stroudsburg, Pa?? Where do you ride at??

12-09-2009, 02:54 AM
this is for dmc....what banshee with pipes filter and jetting is throwing down 52hp?.....you cant....you want to port it....thats cool...you can port a 700 too....and about that other thread it only takes 60hp on a 4stroke to beat 70hp 2 stroke....the tq is where it is at...but i owned a banshee with every mod except a port and polish and my raptor still pulled on it hard....and ps i cant belive from a 500 to a 525 is that much difference but hopefully for your sake its a huge difference....your welcome to dis the 700's all you want but like k2thej said....ive been in lots and lots of drags with hundreds of different bikes and mods....and to only be beaten once or twice is good enough for me especially with out even putting a cam piston and porting ....but as foreveryone else sry this got so off topic! and i vote for the ltz kfx dvx all the way

Fully worked without porting on a banshee? Thats like a grilled cheese without cheese. Porting is all the power on a banshee.

You can scream torque torque torque all you want. At the end of the day, the torque of the banshee when it hits powerband and stays there, prevails. My my fathers banshee crank-dyno'd at 55 when yamaha had the bike. (previous owner was filthy rich and had yamaha actually dyno-tune it, don't ask me why) And thats just with piped, and a shaved head.

And whats sad.. how much it will cost you, to get it ported (500) and a hi-comp piston (80) and a cam (130) will still have LESS horsepower then a simple ported banshee. hahahaha.
I don't wanna hear no crap about yours ported beating ported banshee. Ported shee's are animals. That overweight turd 700 doesn't have a chance.

You also have to remember the shee's have a weight advantage. The raptors what, 397lbs dry stock? Well, just as an example, my 89 J-arm frame banshee is only 375 dry from the factory. And according to DMC, my pipes are a 15lb weight savings over the stockers. So my banshee is only 360 dry.

wrek'd,
I only put stroudsburg because everyone knows that area more. I'm actually in the little town of effort a little west of there. I ride behind the Mr. Z's in Marshalls creek, then mainly at the coalmines.

EDIT: Im actually right near Pocono Raceway and The Lost Trails. Ive never been to lost trails though.. haha. My friend wants me to go there.

Ratman
12-09-2009, 05:17 AM
To all of these b.s. fast quads, if you are riding in the salt flats or dunes speed is cool . But it dosen't help in the woods, the trees move to fast!

12-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Ratman
To all of these b.s. fast quads, if you are riding in the salt flats or dunes speed is cool . But it dosen't help in the woods, the trees move to fast!

Them damn trees that jump out in front of you:p

But in all seriousness, I ride wide-open coalmines with a few trails here and there. So power is a plus:)

katch26
12-09-2009, 09:23 AM
what ktm 500 are you talking about? The polaris? Well just for curiousities sake hows your 700 stack up against a 660? same difference.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXwz3j5E_04&feature=related

just thought i would put one up of a raptor winning

katch26
12-09-2009, 09:53 AM
a race that short doesnt really prove anything

12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXwz3j5E_04&feature=related

just thought i would put one up of a raptor winning

LOL that raptor was FAR from stock. So he got out of the whole better. Put them both on a longer hill, twice or three times the length of that, and id put $100 on the banshee winning.

12-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh and the predator 500 doesn't have a KTM engine. It's a Fuji engine, and the two are very different.

katch26
12-09-2009, 12:50 PM
who me or him lol

I know the fuji is the predator I was trying to make sure he knew that

12-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by katch26
who me or him lol

I know the fuji is the predator I was trying to make sure he knew that

Him. lol. He said he raced a 500 KTM when there is no such thing. lol. And I highly doubt it's the 505 as almost no one has them yet.

katch26
12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Him. lol. He said he raced a 500 KTM when there is no such thing. lol. And I highly doubt it's the 505 as almost no one has them yet.

oh ok. the 505 is supposed to be nastier than the 510 too, so good luck to him. I still think the 500 motors will give a raptor a run for the money stock for stock...even filter/pipe, its when you start diggin into the raptor is when the hp per dollars starts getting better and better....just not as good as a banshee.
whatever this thread is dumb anyways lol. I still think, personally, that the z400 is a better machine, esp, since Honda makes literally no changes except for plastic and price. People say what they say cause thats what they got 99% of the time anyways. The zuki is just a much better value, and say what you like about air cooled vs liquid cooled but at the end of the day liquid cooled is always going to make more consistent power and not nearly as prone to loss when heat soak sets in etc....BUT to the 400ex's credit the simplicity of design makes for a more reliable quad (another) BUT at the expense of overall power. DOHC motors also allow for more precise cam timing tuning as you can adjust them independently.

12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by katch26
oh ok. the 505 is supposed to be nastier than the 510 too, so good luck to him. I still think the 500 motors will give a raptor a run for the money stock for stock...even filter/pipe, its when you start diggin into the raptor is when the hp per dollars starts getting better and better....just not as good as a banshee.
whatever this thread is dumb anyways lol. I still think, personally, that the z400 is a better machine, esp, since Honda makes literally no changes except for plastic and price. People say what they say cause thats what they got 99% of the time anyways. The zuki is just a much better value, and say what you like about air cooled vs liquid cooled but at the end of the day liquid cooled is always going to make more consistent power and not nearly as prone to loss when heat soak sets in etc....BUT to the 400ex's credit the simplicity of design makes for a more reliable quad (another) BUT at the expense of overall power. DOHC motors also allow for more precise cam timing tuning as you can adjust them independently.

I totally agree.

From the factory, the Z400 and 400ex have the same MSRP. But the Z400 comes with fuel injection DOHC, piggyback shocks all around, and the new ones are wider then the old ones to improve handling. They're a better bargain all around.

For price and simplicity, the 400ex. For actual fun factor and riding, Z400.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
not to bust your buble dmc but that raptor still has a stock head pipe...it still the origional heat shield...so its prolly a gytr and pcIII...and as far as the ktm 500 the way i understood it, the predator had a ktm in it....if not o well i still throw them in the catagory with a 450 prolly like you do(why even bother racing)but as for the 525 i guess ill have to wait to see...and as far as top speed if you dont change the gearing on a banshee it is limited to around 75mph...and im bassing that on my own banshee and my buddys....my raptor does 80 so a longer taller hill is not going to make a huge difference...here is a video from a class i made showing that it does do 80 and its with stock tires the razorII's add a little more top end...i know the music is gay but i lost the audio file for the origional sound clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9gftpmQ7QQ

12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
not to bust your buble dmc but that raptor still has a stock head pipe...it still the origional heat shield...so its prolly a gytr and pcIII...and as far as the ktm 500 the way i understood it, the predator had a ktm in it....if not o well i still throw them in the catagory with a 450 prolly like you do(why even bother racing)but as for the 525 i guess ill have to wait to see...and as far as top speed if you dont change the gearing on a banshee it is limited to around 75mph...and im bassing that on my own banshee and my buddys....my raptor does 80 so a longer taller hill is not going to make a huge difference...here is a video from a class i made showing that it does do 80 and its with stock tires the razorII's add a little more top end...i know the music is gay but i lost the audio file for the origional sound clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9gftpmQ7QQ

HAHA dude seriously? It's not about gearing.. The longer hill WOULD be a big difference. The raptor WILL start to bog and the banshee just stays in powerband and keeps upshifting. Gearing doesn't mean crap as on a steep hill neither bike will pull top speed top gear.

And a banshee will do about 80+ piped. Here's a bone stock, stock pipe banshee pulling 80.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE9yrzx9OIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE9yrzx9OIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're fighting a loosing battle. Your raptor is not the fastest thing ever and you're going to have to grow up and realize that eventually. A piped banshee is about identical in a race to your raptor 700. A ported banshee will make a childs toy out of your raptor. That's the cold hard truth whether you sit here and argue like an idiot or not.

tyman2395
12-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Listen buddy if 80 is all you got how can you beat my bike that does 85 mph? I had mine done by a radar gun and a gps and both said 85.75 mph. Plus that was when i only had my slip on. Now with my 13:1 compression piston it goes through the gears in seconds. I had my local dealer do it and I asked them if a raptor with a few mods had a chance and buddy started laughing and said if the raptor is so fast they would make them in like a yfz450 frame with good shocks and stuff. I also went to my local yamaha dealer and they had a brand new raptor and i was joking with them asking if they would race me and buddy asked me what bike I had now and i told him and he said if you want something to race it don't look at the raptor. He said there pretty quick bikes but wont beat bikes like the yfz, trx 450 and so on. hahaha so stop saying you can beat stuff when you will get proved wrong. You have a nice quick bike but you gotta realize something can beat it. But I really don't care what beats my bike or what my bike beats because I am just happy that I have a bike to drive and enjoy

12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh and you want to play dyno? Because you talk about it oh so much.

Here's a banshee dyno. BONE STOCK with just FMF pipes, and reeds. It even still has the airbox lid on it.
It dyno'd 50hp and 33tq. If you pulled the airbox lid off (as banshee's are starved for air) and through a head on it, even without porting it would pull more horsepower then your craptor.
MobileDyno on this site dyno'd it, it's in the dyno section.

12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
421 on pump gas. 90+hp and 52.4tq. Eat your heart out dude.

12-09-2009, 02:42 PM
why do you think their is the nickname for them "craptors"...even tho its not a quad, my friends RM500 and Huskavarna 430 (both two strokes) will rip your "craptor"

12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
lol, your average 250cc 2-stroke bike and 450cc 4-stroke bike would embarrass both my banshee And his craptor.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 02:50 PM
dude listen...i had a 98 banshee here is the complete mod list bored .80 over t5's cool head with custom cut 16cc domes tors eliminator adjustable timing palte set at +4 k&n no air box lid and mine ran strictly on 110 octane high volume water pump +2 g force rear axel hinson clutch basket and springs yfz450 shocks(i believe there cant be too many more mods for the engine that will add hp but maybe im worng)....and the most mine made was 42hp and 29tq at the wheels to me 50 hp just seems a little high with out porting but that just might be me...i dont know if that dyno is doing the numbers at the wheels or not but all of my numbers are whats hitting the dirt....but good luck with a non ported banshee beating a raptor 700...**** k2thej's bike gave me a run for the money till i can get it into 6th gear

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
for got one i also had an adjustable rev box

12-09-2009, 03:11 PM
cool...me and my friend were riding...nd the cops are mad parionoid in my town and its illegal to ride but we do anyway no big deal so they were chasing us down a straightaway street and my friend hits 90 easy on a speedometer. My 5th topped is like his top 3 or bottom 4th. So your "craptor" is not that fast so stop with all the b.s about i have twin turbines and sh*t its a raptor and can only do a certain speed on a legal limit even with your aftermarket parts, its still guna loose somtimes. Sorry dirtman, the truth has to comeout...jsut like a gay guy must coeout of the closet at one point.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 03:14 PM
im gaunna steal this one from you dmc.....

NICKROMAN

and the bull **** flag comes out!

ant no bike no where going to hit 90 with out changing gearing... and your retarted for comparing dirtbikes to 4wheers...of course there going to win....but ill put a hundred bucks everytime on any quad in 4-6inches of snow vs a dirtbike....and on a more serious note all the parts i have put on are real...not like you make believe turbines and stuff....all im saying is look at like this ..which bike is going to win a race (1st bike 50hp and 33tq) (2ND bike 52hp and 50tq) the tq is where i get every bike i have ever raced on my craptor....and i have been beat in drags... but both times its been by hill shooter banshees and they smoked me as soon as they grabed 3rd

12-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Dirtman, Im sorry to say but there was something wrong with your banshee. You should've been putting out WAY more then 42hp with 16cc domes and pipes. I know for a fact just by feel that mine puts out more then that on stock compression.

And I never said a stock banshee with pipes would beat a raptor 700. I mearly said they are right on par with each other.

And porting on a banshee makes all the worlds difference. You're fighting a loosing argument.

12-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I've had the vids to back it up.. you don't. I have the statisitics to back it up.. you don't.

Do you even know how a 2-stroke works? It's basically supercharging itself constantly. It takes unspent fuel and air, and bounces back in the expansion chamber. This "sonic wave" gets rammed back into the cylinder on the firing stroke.

12-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Another video.

Banshee- Pipes, Intake, Jetted
Raptor- Pipe, intake, programmer

Banshee only looses by like half a length. Exactly like I said, they're pretty damn equal mod for mod, until you get into porting then the banshee takes over.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivDRHvUf4FQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivDRHvUf4FQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Another mod for mod. They're so damn close stock piped it's crazy.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gv6NSgOKWyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gv6NSgOKWyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
dude come on seriously your going to ask me how i 2 stoke works....however you have be intrigued about this sonic wave affect...cause the piston is only able to take air and fuel up with it....and a sonic wave sounds like it would destroy your reeds and burn back threw your carb....and as far as my banshee dude it ran real real good...i also ways smoked other piped banshees with it wants even a challange for it you do realize there are 2 types of dynos right? 1stdoes it off the crank and the other is to the groundi believe if you get a number from crank you divid by 20%(that number might be off a little) to get what its auctually putting to the wheels....but the tq is somthing in a drag race you cant simple do with out...im sry but intill that banshee is ported beyond the 60hp range any 50hp 4 stroke is going to beat it wether it be mine or some rich kids 450....and here is another one for ya nickroman...if my bike is so bad then why does it constantly getting awesome reviews in dirtwheels magazine? in the last 2 issues it has been on the cover...whats up with that? huh they must know somthing you dont....that "craptor" mod for mod will dominate

katch26
12-09-2009, 03:52 PM
dirtwheels is in yammi's back pocket. Theres never a shootout that a yammi doesnt win and its even the winner in shootouts its not even in.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
that first video is good...better quality....but a programmer does not do any fuel injected bike justice yes you can get it close but i got another 3hp and 7tq just for spending money where i thought there was now hope....there was a huge difference when i got it back from being dynod i am a firm believer untill your bike is tuned your wasting your time drag racing

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
i consider dirtwheels to be a pretty fair magazine...it tells it streight frwd just like it should...seems like can am and kaw might be chipping in to dirtwheels back pocket too? i doubt it ....they have many write up s about many different vehicles. its people like you craptor fans that make it appear in all the issues in different shoot outs....and thats why im glad to own 1...and ill gladly line up anybike(with in reason) and race for money

MidnightBlade
12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
hmm you tell me 350 vs 700 damnit who do think will win a 400 and 450 are close but a whole 350cc difference is a landslide and thats why you craptor is do good

honda400ex2003
12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
as far as i am concerned i agree with katch. dirtwheels seems to be a bit tainted. i just couldnt take it anymore so i let my sub. run out. it seemed like everything was yamaha this and yamaha that. nothing ever had a chance even with all of the newest best machines out competing in these classes the USUALLY less comfortable, less ergonomically friendly yamaha won. but it seems like no matter what the guys running the tests rated it as, it would come out on top by the editors or whoever made the article. you could have 4/5 guys go with another machine but it would say that under the right conditions that machine was nice, but overall in the test the yamaha seemed to do the best yadda yadda yadda. YAMAHA WINS. you guys might just as well give up on this fighting, he can believe that is raptor can beat anyone, more power to him, it justifies sticking a ton of money into a top heavy tank of a machine to still come out with a yamaha. you can crap in one hand and wish in the other, squish it together and all you have at the end is a pile of crap. lol. steve

12-09-2009, 04:29 PM
"craptor" is a nickname...like ****zuki...its a joke comeyourself. But if your gonna moan please il waste my time just to laugh, sorry about the fact that if you put wings on your quad it wouldnt fly...it may be fast but just stop arguing, your wasting your valueable time that you could be spending on finding videos of Craptors loosing to banshee's haha. Theyre is a thing called an OPINION and EVERYONE is intittled to theyre own. So if I owned a catalog i could chose to put what ever pieve of machinary i want on it...so i could put a trx90 on the front and say its great...and it may not be "great"

BTW i love how everyone refers to the raptor as the craptor now haha all cuz me lol

k2thej88
12-09-2009, 04:39 PM
well if every one is entitled to there own opinion then why ya bustin his balls about him saying his raptor can beat a banshee? thats obviously his opinion, an opinion that has been backed with lots of fact by beating lots of banshees! yea its going to be beat by somethnig somewhere but that something that beats the raptor will eventually also get beat! the raptor is nasty fast he kills quads all the time and thats all the matters yes a banshee is nasty fast too but thats not his bike and he loves what he rides! THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k2thej88
12-09-2009, 04:40 PM
you may be faster but im prettier hahaahahahA

12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
well if every one is entitled to there own opinion then why ya bustin his balls about him saying his raptor can beat a banshee? thats obviously his opinion, an opinion that has been backed with lots of fact by beating lots of banshees! yea its going to be beat by somethnig somewhere but that something that beats the raptor will eventually also get beat! the raptor is nasty fast he kills quads all the time and thats all the matters yes a banshee is nasty fast too but thats not his bike and he loves what he rides! THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your stupid as hell, an opinion is something that you think, not something that can be back by statistics. F***ing retard.

12-09-2009, 04:44 PM

nice quad tho.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
man i think what ever arguemnt i bring up you guys counter with "porting a banshee".... but if there that great then why doesnt everyone have one?....its kinda like to dont see many raptors and 525's....there very expensive.....and ill say this one more time MY BIKE IS NOT UNBEATABLE you just have to have the tq or a greater amount of hp to beat it...plain and simple you need more than 50hp and 50tq to beat "the raptor i own"...for a banshee and all other quads that means porting is in there feture....but you wanna run the big 3 mods (FILTER PIPE AND JETTING) a raptor is going to win...there truly is no replacement for displacement....and whats funny is i owned a banshee with all the bolt ons you can put on it...and you guys still believe a banshee with pipes will be "par"....get your banshee dyno'd and youll wake up when you get your numbers....

Pipeless416
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM

evo x full systems make a HUGE difference on that engine..

edit: you guys are all getting out of hand now. all the people that are fighting with 15 posts under their belts are not making a good impression.. just remember, you never get a second chance for a first impression. it was funny at first because it was another same old same old thread. time to agree to disagree and move on.

plus, this is a 400ex section. just get out if you can't handle it and stay on topic.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
k2thej did you wetnblack the wheels?...thats as good as giving it 3 extra hp!

Ryan'07400ex
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm wondering what that guy does when he races another raptor. Since HIS is so great he is probably blowing all them away to ha.

I can't believe how off topic this thread is...
It's obvious some people have z400s wins and some people have 400exs win. I have seen many 400exs beat a z but it was the same z so maybe he just has a "dud" But every single one of us has different tires, different body weight, different take off spots (one side sometimes is "better" i think) and humans are not perfect so shifting and throttle control on take off have alot to do with it

IMO be happy you have an atv to call your own, ride it, they are all good if you're happy with it.

12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
where have ou been they dont make banshee's anymore...and thats not totaly true, legaly quads cant go over 80 stock...so unles you bore it so il give u that tho.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
ive only ever seen 5 other raptor 700s...i raced 2 of them they were both stock so of course ii won...but id love to race another raptor with some mods...that would let me know if im a good drag racer or if my winning is all my bikes doing..it be sweet if one of the other 700s had duals...that be sick!

k2thej88
12-09-2009, 04:57 PM
yea im retarded derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Dirtman, you are a lost cause. You are the biggest waste of time I have ever dealt with it's rediculous...:rolleyes:

First of all, the sonic wave does NOT burn back through the reeds moron. The intake's pretty much blocked off by the piston by the time the wave gets crammed in the exhaust.

Second of all, if you "NEED" 50hp 50tq to beat your raptor, explain how many countless video's of mod for mod non-ported banshee's keeping right up with raptors? Explain how mod for mod non-ported banshee's can OUT PULL 700R's up the steep sand dunes? And hillclimbs? You are such a damn obnoxious self-righteous moron I can't stand it.

Third of all, Yamaha is my favorite brand, but it's obvious Yamaha sucks dirthwheels wiener, and that's all there is to it.

Fourth of all, those dyno charts were taken from the wheels! Not from the crank. That's true wheel horsepower.

Fifth, You are the biggest tool I ever met. You keep downing power-commanders, yet in the picture of under your seat, you have a GOD DAMN POWERCOMMANDER!! And I can give two chits about your gay "custom tune" for a crappy HMF pipe. It doesn't make a damn difference compared to a regular powercommander.

I can honestly say, you are by far the DUMBEST person I have EVER seen on this site in the whole three years I've been on it. Go hump your craptor and marry it for christ sake. I'm so sick of you tools that come on here and think your quads are the best thing since post-its and you're the Messiah.

The downright truth is mod for mod, no porting included, a banshee IS JUST AS FAST AS THE 700R. Not faster, not slower, the same. You just can't bring yourself to admit that a banshee like my $1200 1989 can keep up with your $8000 craptor. Get over it. That's life. Nevermind once porting comes into the game, your done with.

Know why no one has them? Because idiots like you go around spreading your propaganda about how much they suck. Did you ever wonder why banshee's are rampid all over the dunes? And out here in the mines? BECAUSE OF THEIR POWER!!

In the end, im still the real winner. Because I only spent $1200 total including the price of the bike, and can keep up with an $8000 "badass" 700R. That right there is also the reason im never selling it.

Do everyone a favor and go get a life.

k2thej88
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
that is an evo full system pipeless

honda400ex2003
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
evo x full systems make a HUGE difference on that engine..

edit: you guys are all getting out of hand now. all the people that are fighting with 15 posts under their belts are not making a good impression.. just remember, you never get a second chance for a first impression. it was funny at first because it was another same old same old thread. time to agree to disagree and move on.

plus, this is a 400ex section. just get out if you can't handle it and stay on topic.

agreed, i am unsubsribing. bye bye

steve

katch26
12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
i blame bcapien lol

Originally posted by honda400ex2003
agreed, i am unsubsribing. bye bye

steve

damn your email must be blowing up

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 05:12 PM
well im glad the sonic wave is blocked by the piston...that whole sonic thing was new to menever in the course of owning all the 2 stokes i have owned did anyone mention a sonic wave? you need to market that and sell it...but being sonic (thus a sound) would it still not vibrate and break things?...and im not dissing pcIII im saying you get alot more out of them if you have it tuned....yea you can get it close with numbers and programs off the internet...but getting your bike dyno tuned is the best way to get all the available hp and tq there is....and ps im sry your cry over me being wothless....and when you can get you bike ported...that way the only excuse left you got when i beat you is that string between your legs!!

12-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I am so fed up with dirtmans stupidity im done...

"You can't fix stupid"

Go have a good life dirtman.. and if we ever meet up someday.. you can bet your *** im going to race you for cash.

Good bye.

k2thej88
12-09-2009, 05:15 PM
hahaha hell yes pulled the ol' tampon joke out hahahah love it

Pipeless416
12-09-2009, 05:15 PM
that is an evo full system pipeless

yea my dad has one on his Z. i love it. very quiet and tons of added power. nice quad. time for me to unsubscribe too.. and report a few things ;)

12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
hahaha hell yes pulled the ol' tampon joke out hahahah love it

"Four-strokes are like tampons, every ***** has one"

12-09-2009, 05:25 PM
btw dirtman go suck a cock. you probab ly suck at riding and are one of the herbs who goes and spends 8000 on a quad he cant even ride...with his boyfriend on the back. The onl way you will ever get better is if you get the cock out of your mouth and start riding and stop dragging. Your a stupid ignorant c*nt, you will never amount to anything but b*tching about your craptor or why its on dirtwheels cover. Get a life...if we ever meet someday i will race you anywhere but in a drag and win.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 05:28 PM
your on...1 mile on foot!

12-09-2009, 05:30 PM
ok sure....you wont beat me tho im a starting fullback and middle line backer and workout everyday so goodluck...when you have a heart attack il be laughing.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
ha ...you done then...i run cross country for central michigan....that was a sucker bet thats why i said it....der!

12-09-2009, 05:40 PM

12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
so wat if you run cross country doesnt mean your fast...just means your paced and have a long indurence.

12-09-2009, 05:41 PM

i love you dmc haha no homo...but i believe you ment to say for peopel without penises.

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
lol thats pretty good...glad i posted a good pic of it!

12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
i love you dmc haha no homo...but i believe you ment to say for peopel without penises.

lmao.

12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Alright im done for real now. Ain't gettin banned over this crap.

12-09-2009, 05:44 PM
i love how this herb is trying to use like some b*tch *** reverse pscyclogy and try and make us leave him alone adn be friends with everyone...what a dumb*ss.

12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
i love how this herb is trying to use like some b*tch *** reverse pscyclogy and try and make us leave him alone adn be friends with everyone...what a dumb*ss.

lol, as much as im all for bashing him, just a word of advice, ease up on the language. The mod's don't like cursing at all. I got a little out of control before and made a oops, but if you notice I refrain from it most of the time.;)

12-09-2009, 05:49 PM
im way past that point haha

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 05:54 PM
nickroman's.....make believe parts dealer!

turbine combustors-$50

spark supercharger$100

piston springs $35
over sized springs add $5

gas tank heater$12

FREE*****FREE
and to make you feel better about your self simple talk to nickroman

12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
what are you saying you make no sense at all. like wtf are you saying?. If i ever see you or go to michigan im guna handle you. You piss me off to no end. And im pretty sure everyone else in the yamaha threads hated you to and thats why your hear i assume?

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 06:17 PM
dude its sad if you dont know what the fallowing are

adjustable timing plate
t5's
pcIII
+2 g force
hp.....yes i said it
110octane
stator
hinson clutch
cubic centameters
air cooled
dohc
spindle
tie rod

12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
**Comments and member removed by Moderator**

MODS PLEASE DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND CLOSE THIS THREAD

12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
dude its sad if you dont know what the fallowing are

adjustable timing plate
t5's
pcIII
+2 g force
hp.....yes i said it
110octane
stator
hinson clutch
cubic centameters
air cooled
dohc
spindle
tie rod

It's centimeters* :p

12-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Oh and I warned you Nickyroman, lol. Im actually fighting with facts without cursing so much. Told you the mods don't like the language.

But I agree thread should be closed.

MidnightBlade
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
why is dirtman here he dont even have a 400ex he just has a raptorand whoopty doo but please do us all a favor and leave this post it started out with z's nnd ex's and now turned into an allout brawl about bansheee's and raptor's ISNT THAT WHAT THE YAMAHA FORUM'S ARE FOR?????!!!!!!!!!

dirtman91386
12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
i own a z 400 and a raptor....if im not mistaken the thread was 400ex vs ltz...

MidnightBlade
12-10-2009, 03:29 PM
so TALK ABOUT YOUR Z NOT BRAG ABOUT YOUR RAPTOR nd do us all a big favor and leave the post and go to the suzuki and yamaha threads

dirtman91386
12-10-2009, 08:15 PM
dude read the forum round page 3...i wasnt the one to bring other bikes up except what was discussed in the thread...but thanks for the concern

MidnightBlade
12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
umm sorry but the bragging started on page 4 and YOU started it saying about your banshee and you never shut up about our raptor pushing 100hp and even in ur vid you said it has 59hp so please talk about the z

dirtman91386
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
sry i said the wrong page...check page 2 and i am not the one that started it....and no where did i claim it has 59hp(i wish thats what it had) and i tried to stay on topic till i was put up by another banshee....please at least read the whole forum first man... ithink it would at least clear up some confusion for you...im not trying to be a dick just trying to get you to read so you know whats going on...ya know?

sab24711
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
i swear my stick is bigger!!