PDA

View Full Version : header pipe?

tpro450r
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
how much more power will I get if I put a head pipe on and where will it be felt at, low and mid, or mid and top end. Already have a hmf slip on on it rejetted and no air box lid on it. engine is still stock inside. runs great I just want a little more out of it. and what is the best head pipe for it, the hrc header? the bike is a 06, thanks

chevys&honda$
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
header pipe wont give you anything ( 0 ) without other stuff with it....

warr72
12-08-2009, 05:48 AM
The HRC pipe is the most cost effective way to go and you will get more power out of the motor but you may have to jet up. The bigger head pipe will allow the exhaust gasses to exit alot quicker so = power. Put a good air filter with it, I prefer Uni. Once you get it jetted right you will feel it throughout. But if you want to open it up put the HRC cam with all the above. The 06 and up are like night and day when you put the HRC kit in.

tpro450r
12-08-2009, 09:18 AM
thanks, I have a good uni filter on it now, and I have wonderd how much of a difference the hrc kit would make. thats just a new cam, head pipe and jets right? there was a big change when i put the pipe on it and rejetted, maybe i'll just do the hrc kit when i check my valves next time.

z400bs
12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
well if you have an hmf slip on i would go with a hmf header pipe. If you want more out of your bike drop an hrc cam in it and it comes alive

tpro450r
12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
think I'll start looking up the parts tonight after work thanks for the help

fastredrider44
12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Most aftermarket header pipes won't work with a slip on without modification. The HRC header will work, but you can always call HMF and they can usually figure something out.

warr72
12-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Also port your airbox lid. Some people run without the lid but I prefer to have the lid ported as I tend to run in mud and alot of moisture. Then you can put an outerwears on the lid for even more protection. ;) The HRC kit will cover the green wire mod too.

86250rrider
12-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Most aftermarket header pipes won't work with a slip on without modification. The HRC header will work, but you can always call HMF and they can usually figure something out.

your right ^^^^^ the slip-on hmf inlet is smaller than the one on a hmf inlet for a full system...much smaller. not sure about hrc header though. i just put on a rossier full system and i like it :macho