PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket Hub Trashed on Durabreak Axle

02 Red Rider
01-18-2003, 05:52 PM
I have a friend that has an 86 250r w/ a Durabreak axle. He does not want to have to buy a new axle right now but the sprocket hub is trashed. Now I know that the hub is pressed on the axle but, if he sends it back to Durable can it be pressed off and a new hub pressed on? Does anyone know what it would cost him?

Thanks,
Jason

02 Red Rider
01-19-2003, 12:21 PM
TTT:D

toby400ex
01-19-2003, 01:07 PM
i think they can be replaced, but from what i hear durablue doesnt cover the sprocket hub in the crapy warranty. Thats just what i think ive heard, i could be wrong.:confused:

02 Red Rider
01-19-2003, 08:04 PM
He really wasn't expecting anything to be covered under warranty. That's why he was wondering about cost. Does anyone have any expeience with this sort of thing or does everyone just go out and buy new axles? I really need to find out I think he may try to get ahold of Durablue Monday.

hondamxer161
01-19-2003, 08:17 PM
you can buy just the sprocket hub and any place with a press can change it for you. ive had mine done at a tractor shop. this would be much better then sending it to durablue. another tip, if you ever end up sending an axle in for warrenty, take the sprocket hub off and keep it if its good......

mike

02 Red Rider
01-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by hondamxer161
you can buy just the sprocket hub and any place with a press can change it for you. ive had mine done at a tractor shop. this would be much better then sending it to durablue. another tip, if you ever end up sending an axle in for warrenty, take the sprocket hub off and keep it if its good......

mike

Just ballpark what did it cost you?

400MXer
01-19-2003, 08:23 PM
I had that happen to my RPM after my carrier took a crap on me. I ordered a new RPM one...for like 100 or so i think. i have the race hub so it's more money. then i used my buddies press and pressed it off and the new one back on. good as new.

02 Red Rider
01-19-2003, 08:29 PM
I will give him my broken axle off of my 400ex so he can just use the sprocket hub from that. So whatever it would cost to have the hubs pressed off and the good one pressed on. Thanks Alot for the responses guys.