PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizers?

KISSmyACE
12-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, who has stabilizers on their 400ex's? What kind, pros & cons please. Also, what type of riding do you do mostly. I'm lookin for the best I can get at a midrange price. As much as I'd love to splurge for the Precision, I just can't afford it right now.

guenther
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
$142 and worth every penny and more. Happy reading.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366&highlight=puck

rocky_mtn_honda
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by guenther
$142 and worth every penny and more. Happy reading.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366&highlight=puck
X2

KISSmyACE
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
wow thanks guys!
any other input is also appreciated

guenther
12-07-2009, 05:43 PM
You're welcome. Trust me, you don't need to look any further or need more opinions.

Donjuan400ex
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
guy said he would replace any parts that break on the stabilizer. for his warranty.

Donjuan400ex
12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
guy said he would replace any parts that break on the stabilizer. for his warranty.

siggy konowaluk
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
i have herd that this stabalizer Streamline Billetanium Rebuildable ATV Stabilizer fit on really easy and its not too much money but some people also say that the seals on them brake and something else moves? i forget.. heres the ling to rocky mountain.. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?&navType=type&webTypeId=125&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=19198#vehicleSelect

NacsMXer
12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by siggy konowaluk
i have herd that this stabalizer Streamline Billetanium Rebuildable ATV Stabilizer fit on really easy and its not too much money but some people also say that the seals on them brake and something else moves? i forget.. heres the ling to rocky mountain.. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?&navType=type&webTypeId=125&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=19198#vehicleSelect

That's what you would call a "stick" style stabilizer.

I've had a stick stabilizer in the past and it is awesome compared to not having one but a "puck" style is better IMO. I have the CCP puck stabilizer the guys are talking about above, and it is quite a bit better. For your money, you get more with the CCP puck unit.

katch26
12-07-2009, 10:03 PM
thhe ccp is really all you need. the precision offers much more adjustibility but i havent felt lilke i needed anything more. IMO it is right on par with my GPR on my predator. the puck style is the better alternative and for the price its hard to make any argument for the stick.

Muzzgit
12-08-2009, 03:15 AM
I have the basic non adjustable stick type, but I tell you I can ride way harder and way longer with it.

The one mentioned above might be pretty good, but don't discount the basic ones.

I am absolutely amazed at how different I ride now, and even more amazed at how crap it is when I get on a quad that doesn't have one! I don't get arm pump at all now, only my thumb, which isn't for long because I'm fitting a twist throtle.

mjc400ex
12-08-2009, 07:59 AM
the CNC one is great
it looks slick and works great for the $$$

katch26
12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
[i]
The one mentioned above might be pretty good, but don't discount the basic ones.

[/B]

just for the record no ones discounting the basic stick type only that there was a time when you had a 99 dollar option (stick) or a 400 dollar one (precision style) the CNC gives you 90% of the precision for 30% of the cost and only slightly more than your standard NON rebuildable stick and on par with a rebuildable one. A stabilizer of any kind will be a night and day difference but my input is only that with the introduction of the cnc the value of a non rebuildable goes way down.

tri5ron
12-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by katch26
just for the record no ones discounting the basic stick type only that there was a time when you had a 99 dollar option (stick) or a 400 dollar one (precision style) the CNC gives you 90% of the precision for 30% of the cost and only slightly more than your standard NON rebuildable stick and on par with a rebuildable one. A stabilizer of any kind will be a night and day difference but my input is only that with the introduction of the cnc the value of a non rebuildable goes way down.
Very well said. 100% agreed.

ANY Stabilizer will be a huge improvement over not having one at all, but the CCP stabilizer is truly a "Bang for your Buck" value.

If you still need more opinions, read the entire thread that guenther posted the link to.
There are plenty of mentions of others stabilizers in that thread, as well as it is a good read.

now if the guy would just reply to my emails, I'd have him building one for my wifes 250ex also.

I have noticed that he changed the style of the mounting plate for the 400ex's. I have the older style on mine.
I may just buy another one, (one of the newer style), for my 400ex,...
and then remake/modify the older styles mounting plate/blocks, to fit my wifes 250ex.

KISSmyACE
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
You say look no further but I gotta keep my options open and do research. Makes me feel better about buying parts I don't know much about lol.

guenther
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Hopefully you now have the warm fuzzies about the CCP/CNC with all the glowing testimonials. There's an old saying, "sh*t or get off the pot." ;) You're not going to find anything better for the money. The CCP guy should be paying me a commission for the sales pitch :ermm:

Miami_Vice454
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
what exactly does a stabilizer do? im confused.

tri5ron
12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
The CCP guy should be paying me a commission for the sales pitch :ermm: Ha,... Dont hold your breath on that one!, i know for a fact that I/We are responsible for at least a dozen sales for him, yet for some strange reason, he will not return any replies to my emails for having one made for my wifes 250ex... ??? !!!

Originally posted by Miami_Vice454
what exactly does a stabilizer do? im confused.
It prevents the handlebars from getting ripped out of you hands and breaking your thumbs when you tag a big tree branch, or a bowlingball sized rock with only one front wheel, that results in your front rim looking like this!...

(I was in the top of 4th, going into 5th gear, last sunday, when this happened) that Damn Basketball Sized rock, jumped right out in front of me on PURPOSE !!!

But the beauty of it is,... I stayed on top of the quad, and stayed going basically straight.
(yeah, I did get moved about 2 feet to the side),
BUT,...
I was STILL going straight, and the handlebars hardly moved!
I dare ya to try that WITHOUT a stabilizer...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Jawbone%20ride%20december%202009/IMG_0627.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Jawbone%20ride%20december%202009/IMG_0626.jpg

In other words,..
It helps to keep you from getting hurt.
It helps to keep to from crashing your Quad.
It helps to keep you going where you point the handlebars.
and,
It helps to eliminate "Arm Pump", and having your upper body thrashed during a rough ride.
Which in turn,
Allows you to ride Longer, Safer, and More Comfortably.

But other than all that, they are'nt worth a darn thing !!!
:D :D :D

Miami_Vice454
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
thank you so much, you are always a huge help. i think i will be getting one of these soon. and as for the rim my friend did the same thing on my foreman 350 and it was like 3 times worse lol. ill try to post a pic.

KISSmyACE
12-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Hopefully you now have the warm fuzzies about the CCP/CNC with all the glowing testimonials. There's an old saying, "sh*t or get off the pot." ;) You're not going to find anything better for the money. The CCP guy should be paying me a commission for the sales pitch :ermm:

I'd "**** or get off the pot" as soon as I can but my dilemma is that before asking for a part (for christmas, for example) or going to buy a part for my quad, the boyfriend will drill me with 100 billion questions asking why this is the exact part I want for my quad, basically to find that I've done my research. I'll have to know the pros and cons of the CCP and the other stick and puck stabilizers I've looked at. It's his method of making me learn a lot more about my quad, what's best for it, and how to actually wrench on it.