PDA

View Full Version : 426ex wont idle/runs rough

zup88
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Ive been gone from home for awhile and my younger brother was using my quad. He did his absolute best to destroy everything he could. Before I left the quad was absolutely fine and ran great. Now, not so much. The motor is a pain to start. When it does get started, it seems to idle decently for a couple minutes then as the engine gets warm, it starts to die out. After that, it will not idle anymore. If you give it gas and hold it there(around 1/3 throttle), it will stay running but pops and is very rough. I have no clue why. I have cleaned the carburetor 4 times with carb cleaner and air pressure. The plug is brand new and gapped correctly. What are the symptoms of an engine that is bad? My brother said it had been awhile since he started it so he let it idle for and hr to clear it out. Not sure if he overheated it or not...? I am completely lost! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MidnightBlade
12-06-2009, 06:08 PM
there might be a problem with your intake valve or dirt in the intake but probably he hit something hard and knocked it out of time take the top end off and check the timing but other than that i dont know