PDA

View Full Version : Front hub bearings-Outlaw

WVdirtrider
12-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi all. New to the forum. Nice place here.

I've changed the front hub bearings in my 07 Outlaw once and its needing them again. It has very low hours since I mainly ride two wheels.

I noticed the original and oem replacement bearings were made in China.

Anyone know part # of a quality Japan or US made bearing? Perhaps model of other ATV to get a quality bearing from?

Local auto parts place crossed the number over but only had the same cheap china bearings and one that was only sealed on one side.

Thanks much.

U1arunit
12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Here are two places that sell kits that are of known decent quality if you are not going to go all out with one of the best brands like SKF.

http://www.bossbearing.com/atv.asp

http://www.goallballs.com/Bearings_seals.asp?page=WBK

birdman7389
12-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I have the set from all balls, decent priced from RMATV

My stockers are fine, but I will likely replace them for peace of mind.

WVdirtrider
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info and quick reply fellas.

I'd like to have the SFK or Timken but not having much luck.

I'd rather pay $25 per bearing rather than have to be replacing them every 25 hrs of riding.

U1arunit
12-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by WVdirtrider
Thanks for the info and quick reply fellas.

I'd like to have the SFK or Timken but not having much luck.

I'd rather pay $25 per bearing rather than have to be replacing them every 25 hrs of riding.

I bought mine from a local power transmission dealer who specializes in bearings and the like. I can give you SKF part numbers if you want.

somewon
12-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I actually had my O'riley's order me their "best" quality bearings with the seals. If you search this forum I believe the thread w/ part numbers is still available.

I've got a few hundred hours on these with no problems.

sheriff525
12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I went to a local bearing shop and they cross ref the same numbers and got me a German made bearing called *** (I know). They have worked really good so far and we put them in all 4 of our Outlaws and not had a problem since. They were only like $44.00 Canadian for all the fronts. Then just get some new seals from your polaris dealer and your rocking.

U1arunit
12-07-2009, 11:39 AM
F A G are good bearings too.

WVdirtrider
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys.

My local Yamaha/Honda dealer found compatible OEM Yamaha bearings but not the seals. Bad news is they only had one set of bearings in stock. They do say "Made in Japan" on them. Has to be better than the original chinese made bearing.

OEM Yamaha Part numbers for each bearing -
93306-20226-00
93306-20469-00

I have no idea from what Yamaha they came from but they are the same identical size and sealed.

Any part numbers on those other bearings sure would be appreciated.

fasterblaster02
12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I would like to know too what number the SKF bearings are.