PDA

View Full Version : Ford Gurus need your help

elite ATV1
12-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a 87 Fullsize Bronco....I tried putting gas in it today just out of a can an it would not go down.. so i tried sticking my finger in the fill neck just to try and get the little bit that was in where the gas cap screws in and it still would not go down.
If i start the truck and re move the gas cap gas comes pissing out like my fuel pump is working in reverse.... I have not touched the fuel pump so no the wires arent backwards or any other thing like that..... what could my problem be? its like the fuel system isn't pressurizing or something... any help would be great thanks alot.

I have replaced the fallowing parts

the filler neck, the rubber hose from the tank to the filler neck bypassed the metal line that goes to the canister purge with a rubber hose.... nothing is kinked anywhere and the POS still wont take gas..... anyone got some input here?

Tommy Warren
12-06-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't understand your problem here.....you can't put gas in your tank? and the fuel pump is pushing gas out of your filler neck? is it fuel injected? how much gas is in the tank now?

elite ATV1
12-06-2009, 02:53 PM
yeah its fuel injected... its got 1/8th tank of gas some times when i start the truck an have the cap off gas comes out of the fill neck but other times it dosent....

Tommy Warren
12-06-2009, 03:53 PM
so with the truck running. you take off the filler cap and gas shoots out of it? thats impossible

elite ATV1
12-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
so with the truck running. you take off the filler cap and gas shoots out of it? thats impossible

i thoguht the same thing but it happens

hondariderdylan
12-06-2009, 04:42 PM
wow, never heard of it coming out of the neck :ermm:

do you have an account on fullizebronco.com?

i do, there are some guys over there that im sure can help you:cool:

elite ATV1
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
yeah im a member over there tried everything they suggested and still got nothing

hondariderdylan
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
dam... :ermm:

elite ATV1
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
dam... :ermm:

i mean the only other thing i can think of is the rubber hose inside of the filler tube is to long and when im putting it into the tank its kinking it??:confused:

hondariderdylan
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
its seems almost like a problem with all fords that i deal with

my dads f150 takes twice as long as my bronco does to fill up, not sure why though. its not kinked or anything.

then my other buddys f150 has a body lift and even after making the neck longer it still takes 10 minutes to fill up :ermm:

elite ATV1
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
its seems almost like a problem with all fords that i deal with

my dads f150 takes twice as long as my bronco does to fill up, not sure why though. its not kinked or anything.

then my other buddys f150 has a body lift and even after making the neck longer it still takes 10 minutes to fill up :ermm:

yeah im not sure... and this problem just came out of no where never happened before... im thinking of trimming down the rubber hose so it dont go as far down into the tank see if that helps??:confused: :rolleyes:

Tommy Warren
12-06-2009, 09:29 PM
there has to be some kind of pressure release valve or something to relieve pressure from the tank. maybe thats why the gas is comming out when you have the cap off. Its the only place where pressure can be released.....I'm stumped

elite ATV1
12-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
there has to be some kind of pressure release valve or something to relieve pressure from the tank. maybe thats why the gas is comming out when you have the cap off. Its the only place where pressure can be released.....I'm stumped

yeah me too.... and it sucks cus i been with out my rig for a month now....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/berettaParts/Picture-1.jpg

Tommy Warren
12-06-2009, 11:22 PM
maybe you should try spraying all of the mud off the top of your gas tank. Its probably plugging something to release pressure

Kickstarts-suck
12-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Your tank vent is clogged. All the mud I see on the truck also helps answer this.

JBENSON
12-07-2009, 07:36 AM
You have a problem with your evap system, the fuel system has a vent which allows the fuel tank to breath. Check all the vent lines.

elite ATV1
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JBENSON
You have a problem with your evap system, the fuel system has a vent which allows the fuel tank to breath. Check all the vent lines.
i have cleaned all the vent lines pull the tank off presure washed it and put everything back together and still have no gas going in.

Tommy Warren
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
any dents in the bottom of the tank.