PDA

View Full Version : parting a quad vs. selling it outright?

Hondaexboy
12-06-2009, 08:31 AM
hey guys i was just wondering about how much more i would make roughly if i decided to part my quad out instead of selling it as is. and would it really be worth all the extra work?
thanks

12-06-2009, 08:48 AM
depeneds. whats done to the quad. what condition are the parts in? is it stock? what year is it?

Hondaexboy
12-06-2009, 08:55 AM
its an 04
this is the mod list
Controls: pro taper handle bars, TAG bar pad, spider grips, green/black powermadd hand guards, RTC Levers, anti vibe steering stem, LSR +1+2 A-arms, works black widow shocks valved for 180lb rider, stock pep revalved resprung rear with lowering link, stainless steel break lines front and rear, denton steering stabilizer, lsr +2+4 axle with anti fade lock nut, waved break rotor,
Motor: hotrod rod, ported & polished, stock bore, everything in the motor has been gone through and replaced, only about 10 hours of light use since rebuild by MO-DOCK. Dg bullet complete exhaust, K&N filter
Misc: ac stadium bumper, ac mx rear grab bar. hiper bead locks front and rear(green rings on front black on back) holeshot mx tires, Rath heel guards nerfs and pegs, Quadforce Graphics, spider grips, killswitch
Frame powder coated candy apple green

TCracin440ex
12-06-2009, 09:02 AM
you can get more for the quad parting it out but it takes a while and your going to always have the undesireables left over that nobody really wants. the quickest way to make money on it is to sell it out right

atvnut22
12-06-2009, 12:50 PM
i was told, if you have more than 1/3 of your asking price, in aftermarket alone, then part it out. ecspecially with the money in yours, their will always be people who want aftermarket parts, without the high prices. heck, half my 450 is made up of used parts i bought off of here,lol.

JJs450r
12-06-2009, 02:49 PM
alot of my aftermarkets were almost new and i ended up giving out to many good deals so i woulda been better off selling whole

lonnie1977
12-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I would be interested in the frame, plastic and hood. Would have $ around XMAS

Ruby Soho
12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
part it..

i parted my old 440 out and the only thing i actually still have left is the gas tank lol i probly could get rid of it but i dont remember where exactly it is:p

SRH
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
eh thats a gamble, to me unless you have the time , patience and what not i wouldnt attempt it

your going to lose money regardless, id try to sell it together for 3500-4000 , if you dont get that i d part it out maybe sell off the suspension, tires and wheels and put stock back on , leave everything else and let it go for 2500

braybray08
12-07-2009, 12:48 PM
part all the aftermarket parts off on ebay, and hopefully you kept your stock parts and put it back to stock, and sell it as a stocker...

Ruby Soho
12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
when i did my quad, i sold everything seperate.. i actually made money off the quad