PDA

View Full Version : 03 400ex please help

lillbro11
12-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I just bought an 03 400ex and it doesn't want to start i have to pull it behind my truck for 5 minutes to make it run. when it finally starts up the exhaust pipes start glowing. it has a slight backfire out of the carb too. what could be causing this.

it has a curtis sparks exhaust and 165 jet. I have no idea if thats the right jetting for this bike. Its how I bought it. and it was sitting for a while so the carb might be a little clogged I really have no idea. Any help is greatly appreciated.

gojk
12-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by lillbro11
I just bought an 03 400ex and it doesn't want to start i have to pull it behind my truck for 5 minutes to make it run. when it finally starts up the exhaust pipes start glowing. it has a slight backfire out of the carb too. what could be causing this.

it has a curtis sparks exhaust and 165 jet. I have no idea if thats the right jetting for this bike. Its how I bought it. and it was sitting for a while so the carb might be a little clogged I really have no idea. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would take the carb off and clean it really good. Take the jets out and make sure they are clean and clear of any buildup.