PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl

buster024
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Any early predictions for the Rose Bowl?

I think it's pretty clear.......

Oregon 42
Ohio State 27

ben300
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by buster024
Any early predictions for the Rose Bowl?

I think it's pretty clear.......

Oregon 42
Ohio State 27

hard to say....ohio's states defense isnt any better thna oregon states, so that a plus for oregon..but they're offense is better to

tt racer
12-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Ohio State 31 Oregon 24 by the way Osu defense is better take a look at the stats nationally.

sexysilverado45
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
i don't think stats will show much in games like this. i think the team that comes ready to play more so then the other and wants the win more will come out on top.

Tommy 17
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
ohio state has one of the best defenses in the country. There is no way they will put up 42. maybe 14 if they are lucky!

eastcoastpro20
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
just another overconfident oregon fan starting a forum hopin someone else has a big head.

THE OHIO STATE has a great defense and have a very powerful runnin game, oregon has a great offense also BUT i beleive that the ohio state is going to force them in to little mistakes. If oregon wants a chance then they are going to have to be able to play oregon spread offense football, if the play tressel ball then they will lose. With that being said it should be a great game.

eastcoastpro20
12-06-2009, 08:13 PM
what makes you think they are going to put up 42 points?!?!?!

ben300
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
what makes you think they are going to put up 42 points?!?!?!

hes an oregon fan and hes probably basing that off of their points per game average

woodsman250r
12-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
ohio state has one of the best defenses in the country. There is no way they will put up 42. maybe 14 if they are lucky!

I about fell off my seat when I saw Tommy sticking up for the Buckeyes on this comment! :eek2:

Anyways he is right, tOSU has one of the best defensive units in the nation. Oregon will not hang 42 points on this D, maybe a soft Pac-10 D but not this one. The front four will shut down the run, forcing that flying Hawaiian to throw the ball. It will be a close game and I have a lot of respect for this Oregon team. I watched them play against Arizona and Oregon St., and they are legit. However, they have not played against a D like tOSU and this will be a test to see how solid they really are.

J.Brown121
12-07-2009, 07:58 AM
the big ten is weak this year and the pac-10 i legit. ya'll aren't giving that confrence the credit they deserve, but i don't think oregon will put up 42 either. i'm saying it will be 27-21 oregon

eastcoastpro20
12-07-2009, 08:11 AM
The pac-10 is just as down as the big 10 if not more.
The only reason they dont look down is because usc had a down year which made the rest of the conference look good. But in reality there no better than they were in recent years.

J.Brown121
12-07-2009, 08:20 AM
we'll see after the bowl season is over and the pac-10 has more wins then the big ten again

eastcoastpro20
12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
"ridin'MX365 we'll see after the bowl season is over and the pac-10 has more wins then the big ten again"

Are you serious, thats all you have to say?..well see at the end. That wats wrong with half of the supposed "college football fans" they make some ignorant statement and wont back it up with facts, they jus say o well we'll wait and see. How about you actually state facts as to why the pac-10 is better than the big ten. Dont come in to a thread where sports are the subject, make a statement then not back it up. That is just you showing you have no idea what your talking about.

J.Brown121
12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
BCS rankings
the pac-10 has 5 teams
the big ten has 4 teams

the pac-10 is 13-30 vs AP top 25
the big ten is 9-29 vs AP top 25

the pac-10 went 19-9 in out of confrence games against division 1-A teams
the big ten went 24-12 in out of confrence games against division 1-A teams

and the only time ohio st. has played an offense that was as good as Oregon was USC and they lost the game

eastcoastpro20
12-07-2009, 12:05 PM

jus so you know that means the big tens win percentage is better

And you cant base how a team will perform in a game like the rose bowl off of a game that was at the beggining of the year...If you want to look at it like that then lets talk about yall playin boise state the first game of the year and losing...where yas great rushing attack got a whoppin 31 yards, gave up 164 yards rushing, went 1-10 on 3rd down, and had 2 turnovers...an our defense dominated that game up until the last drive of the game, usc's offense scored one legit td drive and tht was at the end (yes when it counted) but their first td score was a 1 yard run after an intercetion, and another drive ending in a fieldgoal...so i think that is a pretty dominating performance by a defense

J.Brown121
12-07-2009, 01:39 PM

jus so you know that means the big tens win percentage is better

just so you know your math is wrong buddy

catch22blaster
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
O H I O

ohio state all the way they got it.

woodsman250r
12-08-2009, 07:35 AM
I just can't wait to see what kind of ugly, gay, worthless looking uniforms Oregon will throw together for that night. That team has 1,239 different uniforms and all of them are uglier than sin, especially the ones with the stupid wings on them.

eastcoastpro20
12-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
just so you know your math is wrong buddy

no its not learn to use a calculator skipper

19-9= 0.47368......
24-12= 0.50000000
which would mean our win percentage is better, learn to do your percentage math!!!!!!!!

J.Brown121
12-08-2009, 02:25 PM
ok let me make this a bit easier for you.

the pac-10 won 19 games and lost 9 games which is 28 games total

the big ten won 24 games and lost 12 games which is 36 games total

to figure the win percentage you divide the number of wins by the total number of games played...

pac-10 19/28= .6785

big 10 24/36= .6666

which would mean that you're wrong...again ;)

tayyo789
12-08-2009, 02:33 PM
8 out of the 10 pac 10 teams were in the top 25 this year. ranging everywhere from 5th to 25, and 5 of those teams were in the running for the rose bowl. i wouldnt call that a weak conference

jcv400ex
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
I about fell off my seat when I saw Tommy sticking up for the Buckeyes on this comment! :eek2:

Anyways he is right, tOSU has one of the best defensive units in the nation. Oregon will not hang 42 points on this D, maybe a soft Pac-10 D but not this one. The front four will shut down the run, forcing that flying Hawaiian to throw the ball. It will be a close game and I have a lot of respect for this Oregon team. I watched them play against Arizona and Oregon St., and they are legit. However, they have not played against a D like tOSU and this will be a test to see how solid they really are.

Sorry Oregon will run right past your defense....they're faster than some NFL teams, and now it's not just because i hate OSU....I wouldn't wanna be playing Oregon.

But Sweatervestwearingbiatch knows how to prepare his team....so he will maximize his matchups, but Oregon will still walk away, 31-17

jcv400ex
12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I just can't wait to see what kind of ugly, gay, worthless looking uniforms Oregon will throw together for that night. That team has 1,239 different uniforms and all of them are uglier than sin, especially the ones with the stupid wings on them.

The diamond plate uniforms are better than gay *** pukeeye stickers on the helmets! :eek:

I wonder what kind of tree they'll plant in Bunghole lane after they loose?

ben300
12-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
The diamond plate uniforms are better than gay *** pukeeye stickers on the helmets! :eek:

agreed..who does tthat anymore..its college football..not highschool...

i think ducks uniforms range from awesome to ugly and its pretty sweet aht they dont have to wear teh same uniform twice for the next like 30 years cause they have like some odd hundred differetn combinations...

must be nice having phil knight donate $100mill to your school

tayyo789
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
people rag on the phil knight issue all the time but do you really blame the guy? i mean thats where we went when he invented frickin nike.

ben300
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
people rag on the phil knight issue all the time but do you really blame the guy? i mean thats where we went when he invented frickin nike.

i dont blame the guy..thats where he went to college, coached track...hes proud of it....more power to him that he can do something like that...its no diffferent him donating money to oregons atheletics than it is any other rich alum donating millions of dollars to get a building or a stadium named after them at another school

tayyo789
12-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ben300
i dont blame the guy..thats where he went to college, coached track...hes proud of it....more power to him that he can do something like that...its no diffferent him donating money to oregons atheletics than it is any other rich alum donating millions of dollars to get a building or a stadium named after them at another school
i wasnt meaning you, but a lot of people do. i go to oregon state, and everybody here complains about it, because he donates here too, but nothing substantial. in my opinion, the wild uniforms are a form of advertising for nike, because everybody knows the ducks because of it, and nike is responsible for the uniforms. the more people recognize the ducks, the more people recognize nike. as if nike needs it, but thats another story....

J.Brown121
12-08-2009, 06:52 PM
i think Oregon has great uniforms. i'm an Oklahoma fan and they, just like every other school in the big 12, have had the same uniforms for the past 50 years. it's boring, and Oregon's are awesome

ben300
12-08-2009, 06:55 PM
i think Oregon has great uniforms. i'm an Oklahoma fan and they, just like every other school in the big 12, have had the same uniforms for the past 50 years. it's boring, and Oregon's are awesome

trying being a pennstate fan...they've had the same uniforms since jesus was a baby

yfz450bb07
12-08-2009, 07:39 PM
The only chance Osu has is if they can control the clock and keep the Oregon offense off the field. Which they won't and are going to get steam rolled.
Chip Kelly is going to have Oregon rolling and Tressel is, well whats his record in big games?????? I guess you guys can keep saying that he beats Michigan every year, but hell so does everyone else...........

Oregon 38
Ohio State 17

buster024
12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
....and yes, I was somewhat basing Oregon's score on their average, as that's really the only way to judge what a team normally scores. Like someone else already said, the Pac-10 was pretty stacked this year. USC being down, doesn't mean the Pac-10 was down. 7th place Washington played LSU to the finish! 8th place UCLA took it to Tennessee on the road! I know the pac lost it's share of non-conference games as well, but it's definitely not a down year.
Oregon ran up well over 250 yards rushing against 4 of the top 30 rush defenses in the country. Oregon State had the best D in the Pac10, and gave up 260. Not many teams are going to dent Oregon's offense. Go ahead and bring up the loss at Boise. Then really look at the rest of the year, and you'll see that it was a complete anomoly, and an embarassing loss that they have no excuse for. But......the rest of the season with the exception of a close civil war, and a loss to a red hot Stanford team (with a Heisman candidate running back), every other game wasn't close.

again.....Oregon by 17. (at least).

buster024
12-08-2009, 08:43 PM
.....and by the way, for those that knock the uniforms......I'm sure you wear nothing but blue jeans and white t-shirt every time you ride your quad right? You never wear outlandish Rockstar jerseys, or Monster gear, or crazy Fox pants.......go ahead, make fun of something just 'cuz everyone else does. If they were your home team, you'd love it.

ben300
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
dude, you need to chill..

..if you cant handle what others have to say...dont start the thread..

J.Brown121
12-08-2009, 08:55 PM

..if you cant handle what others have to say...dont start the thread..

he was just making counter points to another posters weak argument, and they were all valid

and buster024 i'm glad to see the lagarrette blount thing work out for the best and show the kind of guy he really is. i know he changed the way i feel about him

ben300
12-08-2009, 08:58 PM
he was just making counter points to another posters weak argument, and they were all valid

and buster024 i'm glad to see the lagarrette blount thing work out for the best and show the kind of guy he really is. i know he changed the way i feel about him

ya...putting blunt back in during that game really took the defense by surprise and kept them guessing

buster024
12-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Yeah, wow, I didn't think I was coming off hard at all.
I'm obviously an Oregon fan, and being an Oregon fan, I can make the stats work in my favor. Ohio State is a tough team, but I don't think this is their year. Masoli is a way better Qb for this Duck team, than Pryor is for the Buckeyes. I'm not saying that Masoli is a better overall qb (maybe he is, maybe he isn't), but he's a much more valuable component than Pryor is. It would appear that Pryor made the wrong decision in going to Ohio State rather than Oregon. He seems a better fit for a wide open style like the Ducks play, rather than the style the Vest has them running.
Either way, I'm stoked the Ducks are playing a great team like Ohio St., and not an over-achieving Iowa.

Oh yeah, and the Legarrate thing.....Chip Kelly couldn't have handled that better. Blount made a huge mistake at BSU, and although he had earlier issues that were WAAAY overblown by the media, he is a young kid that deserved another chance. An entire Senior season suspended, except for the final quarter at his last home game against his rival was a big punishment for one punch. I'm sure he'll play quite a bit in Pasadena, and I'm glad for it.

eastcoastpro20
12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
january 1st this thread is gettin a bump

woodsman250r
12-09-2009, 07:49 AM

You know they got to add a LOT more pride stickers to their helmets after the beat down they handed Penn State at Crappy Valley this year! :blah:

And for the Oregon people bashing on Ohio State...reallly??? Ohio State has been to the NC game 3 times since 2002 and won once. How many has Oregon been to??? And you wanna talk about someone who chokes in bowl games then its none other than Chokelahoma. Getting beat down by WV, then Boise State. Oregon is a decent team this year and I think it will be a close game. But they aren't going to hang 30-40 points on the Bucks D like every "expert" on here thinks.

ben300
12-09-2009, 08:19 AM
You know they got to add a LOT more pride stickers to their helmets after the beat down they handed Penn State at Crappy Valley this year! :blah:

And for the Oregon people bashing on Ohio State...reallly??? Ohio State has been to the NC game 3 times since 2002 and won once. How many has Oregon been to??? And you wanna talk about someone who chokes in bowl games then its none other than Chokelahoma. Getting beat down by WV, then Boise State. Oregon is a decent team this year and I think it will be a close game. But they aren't going to hang 30-40 points on the Bucks D like every "expert" on here thinks.

...truth is, and i am a pennstate fan....is that the big ten, until they up the anti and start playing better ball is gonna always be over rated to teams from teh sec and pac 10...those years you guys went to the national championsihp, you were highly overrated adn totally got a huge beat down by way better football teams...sweater vest, like joe pa, continuously uses and old school play book that wont put up against fast pace offensive teams....

****, and the only year you weretn overated is hte year you beat miami for the NC....., and loosing to boise state is nothing to be imbarrassed about...boise state arguably has the best offense in all of college football

J.Brown121
12-09-2009, 08:22 AM
wow it seems to me the osu has lost just as many bowls in a row as OU, and that west virgina team currently has their QB,RB, and FB all starting or getting playing time in the NFL

ben300
12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
wow it seems to me the osu has lost just as many bowls in a row as OU, and that west virgina team currently has their QB,RB, and FB all starting or getting playing time in the NFL

it is true...OSU in recent years does not have a great record in big games

eastcoastpro20
12-09-2009, 08:28 AM
...truth is, and i am a pennstate fan....is that the big ten, until they up the anti and start playing better ball is gonna always be over rated to teams from teh sec and pac 10...those years you guys went to the national championsihp, you were highly overrated adn totally got a huge beat down by way better football teams...sweater vest, like joe pa, continuously uses and old school play book that wont put up against fast pace offensive teams....

****, and the only year you weretn overated is hte year you beat miami for the NC....., and loosing to boise state is nothing to be imbarrassed about...boise state arguably has the best offense in all of college football

sooooooooooooo ur sayin we were overrated the year we lost to florida even though, every said we would murder florida andwe beat #2 texas and #2 michigan in the same year, go ahead keep hatin on THE OHIO STATE its just cause yall are jealous of the history and tradition

tt racer
12-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Buster 024 about your Pryor comment he came to OSU to become a passer first and of course Tressel as a mentor. Oregons offense is not what he wanted to be a part of. Pryor is only a so. and next year should be more of what everyone expected. There is too much hype on him hes not perfect but he works hard and trusts the system, look at his record its not bad for only being a so. So all you non buckeye fans do your research before you come on here saying a player should have went somewhere else. Its going to be a good game enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

J.Brown121
12-09-2009, 10:25 AM
go ahead keep hatin on THE OHIO STATE its just cause yall are jealous of the history and tradition

trust me. i'm not "hatin" on osu b/c i'm jealous lol. i just think that Oregon will win and the pac-10 is better than the big ten this year

jcv400ex
12-09-2009, 12:37 PM
go ahead keep hatin on THE OHIO STATE its just cause yall are jealous of the history and tradition

HAHA, that's funny.......

It goes back and forth who is more overated, OSU or Notre Dame from year to year. Now with Fatty gone....you guys better watch out.... TP isn't going to take you very far.

tayyo789
12-09-2009, 12:46 PM
to all the people who think the pac 10 just looks good because usc having a "down year", think of this. how many weeks was usc in the top 10? most. they have the most dynamic core of running backs, along with oregon now that blount's back, and really their weakest link is Matt Barkley, who honestly, isnt that bad. The rest of the conference just stepped up to their level of playing.

eastcoastpro20
12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
yall are comical

J.Brown121
12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
yall are comical

i'm still waiting for you to show me why the big ten is a better confrence this year compared to the pac-10

eastcoastpro20
12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Theres no definitive way to say either is better unless they had a big ten vs pac-10 challenge, the stats mean nuthing in something like tht and the records mean nothing, diffrent teams on diffrent days in diffrent weather...It also has nuthing to do with oregon vs ohio state
but to make you happy
big ten - 7 bowls
pac 10 - 6 bowls
big ten - 2 BCS
pac ten - 1 BCS
in the end that is all that matters, not who beat who, or who has a better record

eastcoastpro20
12-10-2009, 10:41 AM
as far as the game goes

Matchup
W-L PF PA HOME ROAD DIV CONF
OSU 10-2 351 146 6-1 4-1 7-1 7-1
ORE 10-2 452 283 7-0 3-2 8-1 8-1
ยท Complete Standings

In Close Games (7 points or less. Since 2001)
RECORD
OSU 14 - 5
ORE 13 - 7

Record When Scoring... (Since 2001)
20 OR MORE 30 OR MORE 40 OR MORE 50 OR MORE
OSU 83-9-0 53-0-0 20-0-0 4-0-0
ORE 75-18-0 64-7-0 36-3-0 15-0-0
LESS THAN 20 LESS THAN 30 LESS THAN 40 LESS THAN 50
OSU 10-12-0 40-21-0 73-21-0 89-21-0
ORE 2-17-0 13-28-0 41-32-0 62-35-0

ben300
12-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Theres no definitive way to say either is better unless they had a big ten vs pac-10 challenge, the stats mean nuthing in something like tht and the records mean nothing, diffrent teams on diffrent days in diffrent weather...It also has nuthing to do with oregon vs ohio state
but to make you happy
big ten - 7 bowls
pac 10 - 6 bowls
big ten - 2 BCS
pac ten - 1 BCS
in the end that is all that matters, not who beat who, or who has a better record

..hahah i was gonna ask who was the second big ten school to be in a bcs game, but i totally forgot aobut iowa and that they existed...

they'll play georgia tech....that'll be a slaughter

extremeblastr
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
eastcoastpro:rolleyes: the only way this game will stay close is if osu can stop oregons offense from getting rolling.

eastcoastpro20
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
eastcoastpro:rolleyes: the only way this game will stay close is if osu can stop oregons offense from getting rolling.

i you say so...guess we'll have to wait and see

J.Brown121
12-11-2009, 11:03 AM
i you say so...guess we'll have to wait and see

lol i said the same thing earlier in this thread and you said "Are you serious, thats all you have to say?..well see at the end. That wats wrong with half of the supposed "college football fans" they make some ignorant statement and wont back it up with facts, they jus say o well we'll wait and see." lol :D

eastcoastpro20
12-11-2009, 11:24 AM
welll if you wanna look at the rest of my post ive backed my opinion with facts smartass, so now all there left to say is well wait and see...nice try but you failed

jcv400ex
12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Stats is what kills the fun of college football! Quit it!!

eastcoastpro20
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Stats is what kills the fun of college football! Quit it!!

WHAT? stats mean everything, wat in gods name are you talking about?

jcv400ex
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Comparing stats prior to the games... did you think Stanford would blow out USC? Purdue would beat Ohio State? Florida State beating BYU?

The fun of college football is hating the other team and watching big plays develop...

This isn't the NFL so **** Stats!

ben300
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Comparing stats prior to the games... did you think Stanford would blow out USC? Purdue would beat Ohio State? Florida State beating BYU?

The fun of college football is hating the other team and watching big plays develop...

This isn't the NFL so **** Stats!

exactly...stats dont mean BS...sure they're fun to look at and give a good prediction of what may happen, but you have to look at it this way...if stats ment everythign then florida would have blown alabama out of the water in teh sec championship game...florida had a top 5 defense, and a "better" offense statistically..but they didnt do squat...

buster024
12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Really no matter what the outcome of the game is, isn't everyone happy that it's not Iowa vs. Oregon State?! PUKE!

:eek2:

J.Brown121
12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
i'd rather watch Oregon State then Georgia Tech vs Iowa. the rodgers brothers are pretty bad***

eastcoastpro20
12-12-2009, 10:58 AM
but if your gna debate a game, u need stats to support your opinion

J.Brown121
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM
GO DUCKS!!!!:D

quadracer707
01-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Duck this,

BIG TEN KICKING *****,

Lets here the excuses now,

Ken

jcv400ex
01-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Wow, Ohio State played one hell of a game...for once the opposing team wasn't out coached....they where out played. Hats off to em. :ermm:

Excuse me why i go puke now.

J.Brown121
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
well damn...

at least my sooners won yesterday;)

eastcoastpro20
01-01-2010, 09:14 PM
O-H-I-O!!!