PDA

View Full Version : Burgard +3 A-arms, 450R shocks and CFM airbox w/ pics

Sinister95Z
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy a couple pics of some new parts that I just got done installing on the 04'.

1.) Black Burgard +3+1 A-arms and Streamline +3 stainless brake lines. I installed them with the 450R shocks that I picked up a couple months ago. They work really well together and the arms brought the hieght back down to about stock.

2.) CFM aluminum airbox. Great for the nice clean look I am going for. Relocates the battery, regulator, fuse and a mess of wires into the airbox. The welds look great and it also uses all stainless steel hardware.

3.) ODI Rogue clamp on grip system. The absolute best grip set I have ever had. Very comfortable, looks great and clamps on tight enough to where the grips do not move at all. No glue or wire needed at all. Awesome.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/Sinister95Z/Toys/100_0585.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/Sinister95Z/Toys/100_0586.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/Sinister95Z/Toys/100_0589.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/Sinister95Z/Toys/100_0591.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/Sinister95Z/Toys/100_0584.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/Sinister95Z/Toys/100_0592.jpg

Sinister95Z
12-05-2009, 07:34 PM
And I can not say enough about the guys over at Burgard Cycle. Every little issue was taken care of immediatly and the quality of the products is just what I was looking for. If you guys read this...Thank you!

atv fan 28
12-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Burgard has my buisness! i emailed them late one saturday night and the next day,Sunday, Izzy the owner called me on the phone with a response to the email! i know its not much but what other company would call you on a Sunday???

grassman
12-05-2009, 09:49 PM
I like the airbox alot... where did you get it and how much was it, if you dont mind. Good looking bike... all the matching black add ons look nice and clean

Sinister95Z
12-05-2009, 11:29 PM
I picked up the airbox over on Ebay. $89 and free shipping.

honda01400ex
12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
hey are you using the stock axel??

Sinister95Z
12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
For now, yes I am using the stock axle. In the works is a G-force axle and a Burgard antifade.

KISSmyACE
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
what is an antifade?

Sinister95Z
12-07-2009, 03:02 AM
There is a large lock nut that holds the axle in place. This nut is known for coming loose.

A antifade lock nut clamps on via a pinch bolt and also bolts to the disc brake rotor to keep everything in place and prevent loosening.

Example : http://www.lsracing.com/honda-400ex_antifade-locknut-honda-400ex.html

bigbad400
12-07-2009, 08:59 AM
how do you like them x-rex tires? i was looking at them compared to the gncc tires. cant make up my mind. im getting the x rex fronts for sure thow i really like them.

Sinister95Z
12-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
how do you like them x-rex tires? i was looking at them compared to the gncc tires. cant make up my mind. im getting the x rex fronts for sure thow i really like them.

The X-rex tires are great. Have not had a problem with flats and they hook up great. For the money you can not beat them. I compared them to my buddies ITP holeshots and I am very happy I went with GBC. My tires are much more beefy in every way and I feel that they perform much better. I ride anything from hardpacked desert to soft sand.

hondariderdylan
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
good chioce with the ODI's:cool:

ive had mine for about 6 months and i love them too

camaromitch
12-07-2009, 01:53 PM
That looks awesome. Is there enough flex in the rear suspension for the swingarm to crash into that airbox?

Sinister95Z
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by camaromitch
That looks awesome. Is there enough flex in the rear suspension for the swingarm to crash into that airbox?

So far so good. It does come pretty close at full compression, but I plan on getting the rear shock revalved and resprung for my wieght and riding style. The only reason it even comes close now is because I am 260 lbs...lol.

12-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey, hows the 450r shocks working?...and was it hard to relocate everything to the airbox? like did it take awhile? im thinking about getting one. Thanks, Nick.

Sinister95Z
12-07-2009, 05:43 PM
The 450R shocks are working great so far. I am trying to save up for a revalve and respring. They are alot stiffer than stock, which works very well for me as a heavy guy. They did raise the front up a little bit, but it is now back down because of the a-arms.

Relocating all of the electronics in to the air box was not hard at all. There is plenty of space and the box is thought out and built very well.

12-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Sinister95Z
The 450R shocks are working great so far. I am trying to save up for a revalve and respring. They are alot stiffer than stock, which works very well for me as a heavy guy. They did raise the front up a little bit, but it is now back down because of the a-arms.

Relocating all of the electronics in to the air box was not hard at all. There is plenty of space and the box is thought out and built very well.

Thanks a lot for the help. Il be ordering one soon.

burgard rep
12-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Great looking bike! Thanks for your business, it's a pleasure to have you as a customer. Thanks!

Sinister95Z
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by burgard rep
Great looking bike! Thanks for your business, it's a pleasure to have you as a customer. Thanks!

I have you guys to thank for that! My quad is fast becoming a rolling Burgard Catolog...lol. A-arms, Nerfs, Stem, Anti-vibe bar clamps, PB block off, Antifade...Who knows what is next?

87HONDATRX250X
12-10-2009, 02:41 PM
How do you like the +3 a-arms and 450r shocks? If i get a 400ex im looking at doing the same set up. Some say the 450r shocks are to stiff, but what i was thinking is with the +3 a-arms it should be softer. Am i not right?

Sinister95Z
12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
You are right. The +3's softened up the front end quite a bit. I almost wouldn't mind the original stiffness of the 450R shocks. Even without the arms, the 450R shocks rode great and were much stiffer in a good way. For a lighter rider, the shocks might be a little too stiff. For me they were just right.

87HONDATRX250X
12-10-2009, 03:08 PM
You are right. The +3's softened up the front end quite a bit. I almost wouldn't mind the original stiffness of the 450R shocks. Even without the arms, the 450R shocks rode great and were much stiffer in a good way. For a lighter rider, the shocks might be a little too stiff. For me they were just right.

I weight like 140 or something like that. Would they be good for me? I think i was actually looking at the same aarms to.

Sinister95Z
12-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Without +2 or +3 arms, it might be a little on the stiff side. If you are upgrading the arms at the same time as the shocks, I think you will be more than happy.

Even if they feel great to you, I would still recommend a re-valve and re-spring for your wieght and riding style when you get the extra cash. That helps more than you can imagine on any bike.

87HONDATRX250X
12-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Would there a way of lowering it at all? Ive looked around at some other shocks but not sure what would be the best. Im about 140 lbs. Going to be riding a lot of tracks and some racing hopefully this year. Heard the kfx shocks are kinda soft and need a lot of trimming to make them fit.

dustin_j
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
So far so good. It does come pretty close at full compression, but I plan on getting the rear shock revalved and resprung for my wieght and riding style. The only reason it even comes close now is because I am 260 lbs...lol.

When you get the shocks worked for your weight, you SHOULD come close at times (then you are using all your travel). It would be a good idea to do some measurements to make sure everything will clear before it ruins your day. Who are you going to for revalve and respring? If you use an aftermarket linkage, you will have to measure when you get that linkage as you will probably have contact.

Take your rear shock off and measure extended length. Measure the exposed shock shaft (metal to metal) to determine shaft travel. Take extended length - shaft travel to determine compressed shock length. Now have someone lift up on your grab bar while measuring between shock mounting holes to make sure there is no contact at this compressed length. If there is contact, you may need to use spacers for clearance.

Hope this helps,
Dustin

Sinister95Z
12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 87HONDATRX250X
Would there a way of lowering it at all? Ive looked around at some other shocks but not sure what would be the best. Im about 140 lbs. Going to be riding a lot of tracks and some racing hopefully this year. Heard the kfx shocks are kinda soft and need a lot of trimming to make them fit.

There are a few kits made to lower the front end. I would hold off on that though. Give them a shot. Install the 450R shocks and some +2 a-arms. I bet you will like it and might not want to change anything.

All I know about the KFX450 shocks is that they take alot of cutting and grinding to make them fit. Too much in my opinion.

Sinister95Z
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
When you get the shocks worked for your weight, you SHOULD come close at times (then you are using all your travel). It would be a good idea to do some measurements to make sure everything will clear before it ruins your day. Who are you going to for revalve and respring? If you use an aftermarket linkage, you will have to measure when you get that linkage as you will probably have contact.

Take your rear shock off and measure extended length. Measure the exposed shock shaft (metal to metal) to determine shaft travel. Take extended length - shaft travel to determine compressed shock length. Now have someone lift up on your grab bar while measuring between shock mounting holes to make sure there is no contact at this compressed length. If there is contact, you may need to use spacers for clearance.

Hope this helps,
Dustin

I have not fully made up my mind about the company choice yet. I am thinking about C&D and Race Tech.

I will not be using an aftermarket linkage. I do not want it to sit any lower than it is now mainly because I need the clearance for the desert style of riding that I do.

Thank you for all the advice.

87HONDATRX250X
12-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Well i wont be able to do this set up. The guy just sold his a-arms. :( Oh well.