PDA

View Full Version : Z-start does it help cornering

GOTFEAR
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Z-start does it help cornering or not that's what they say and has any one tried the left hand brake also I only race MX. the reason im asking on right hand corners i keep pushing the brake pedal down killing my corner speed.

deathman53
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I have a pro on mine, I find it easier to ride and helps cornering in every aspect. However, if you still have that problem with the rear brake on right turns and keep the foot brake, the problem will still be there. Thats about the only time I stall it, locking rear brake and gassing it. The other time to stall it can be when running in sand or really hard and suddenly stopping. You are gonna want to set it up for a mid-hard engagement or a low-soft engagement, it will still stall a 4 stroke corning out in too high of a gear and being on the gas very hard. It helps the problem with 4 stroke related, it doesn't stop it.

GOTFEAR
12-06-2009, 12:57 PM
that's good input

reconmaster
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
i would look into the z start pro..i own a z start and when i can afford to upgrade because the z starts design causes it to wear clutch plates quickly..i love my rekluse allows me to ride at full potential with my disability. when rear braking hard just feed it some gas and it wouldn't hurt to pull in the clutch

daddio
12-07-2009, 04:48 PM
The z-start only wears clutch plates out, if your clutch cable is dirty and hanging up, or you don't have the cable routed correctly.

Both the z-start and the z-pro will help your cornering speed, because you can corner in a higher gear.