PDA

View Full Version : 50 ltd part info??

desratt
12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
if I were to buy the 50 ltd vs the 50 stock.

what are all the differences. and what are the brand names?

PS. what are the rim measurements and brand?

Hetrick Racing
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
A limited DRX comes with 4 wheels ,tires(rear)front tires are maxxis no need to buy new.Nerf bars,clutch mods,better kill switch,better carb if your allowed to run it where your at.We use Douglas and DRW,your pick
Now a National limited from us, comes with more.Look at the 2010 Drx 50 posted by Hetrick Racing,thats the motor package.

desratt
12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
what is the ltd marketed by drr... I believe that is the only limited you can run in the stock class correct???

my son is goijng to do the 4-6 yrs stock 50 class for works this year..

Hetrick Racing
12-07-2009, 12:02 PM
DRR doesnt sell a limited only the dealers

desratt
12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
ok

I am refering to the one on their web site....

what are the parts that are different on it.
according to what I read on the worcs web site I could put those on my sons drx 50 2009. as well as change tires, nerfs,bumper,sprocket,handlebars and nothing more.....

if the ltd from drr has more then that changed then I could do them as well.

that is how I read it.. so I am wondering what stuff , and what brand it needs to be to buy and where to buy it???

EthansDad
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey Desratt,

rule #1 in this situation is to check the rules for the series you want to run and follow them no matter what a dealer says. a sub part of that is to find a dealer by you that knows that series and how to read the rules in to what is allowed and what that means in terms of quad mods. a "limited" for one series may not be legal for another series.

We run the ATVA MX nationals in the 50 limited class, which has some pretty hard stop guidelines on what you can and can not do.

In my experience, a "limited" version by a dealer is going to include the extras over a stock DRR that you'd need to run the series you are targeting. for example, in the atva mx series, a limited from a dealer may include nerf bars, clutching, handle bars, final gearing, graphics, alum wheels and other such smaller add-ons that will make the bike perform a "bit" better inside of the rules and look better. some series allow for internal motor mods in the stock class, so based on dealer that might mean stuff like porting or other top end work to make the bike get a few more ponies.

At the end of the day in a 50 stock class, you really won't get a ton more power on a "limited" quad. what you get is the kind of race ready stuff that you'll find out you need later including the lil extra power that might be needed for a series, but get it all at once, usually at a discounted rate versus buying it one at a time later. its a good deal to go the limited route, what I'd do is question the dealer you pick as to how well they know the series you want to run and make sure they can build up a quad to stay inside the rules, yet perform well.

raidernut
12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by desratt
ok

I am refering to the one on their web site....

what are the parts that are different on it.
according to what I read on the worcs web site I could put those on my sons drx 50 2009. as well as change tires, nerfs,bumper,sprocket,handlebars and nothing more.....

if the ltd from drr has more then that changed then I could do them as well.

that is how I read it.. so I am wondering what stuff , and what brand it needs to be to buy and where to buy it???

Desratt
The DRR ltd since it is a dealer installed package is not really considered a DRR factory bike. I tried to work with DRR and WORCS to get a LTD edition that came with the Fox Shox to be legal in WORCS, however to this date i have not seen anything official from DRR, therefore since WORCS starts up in a month i dont see that happening. However on the good news side, the products that the dealers are installing to make the DRR Ltd, are all upgrades that are legal in WORCS for the stock class. Aluminum wheels, tires, bumper, handlebars, nerf bars, graphics etc.
So your options are to buy a new DRR and buy the parts yourself and make your own LTD, or im sure that Rich Hetrick, Gary Fallon or Marc can save you some money by putting the package together for you. At any rate dont get caught up in the whole DRR LTD name, as it really has no bearing on the rules you will have to abide by in WORCS. And keep in mind if you have Hetrick, G force, or hotquads put you together a package, that in WORCS it is a STOCK class not a limited like in ATVA, so motor mods are not allowed.

Hetrick Racing
12-08-2009, 05:44 AM
I would call DRR and find a dealer close to you and discuss it with them ,any of us can ship an ATV to your door,Built to your spec according to your rules,but if you can find someone close that may help you,do it.Support is everything.

Piece of advice for you,know your rules( if you dont already) for your division or divisions that your kids are racing.
There are a bunch of people that try to know all of the rules ,simply thats why there is a rule book.If your not racing that class why would you learn those rules.
That way when you contact a dealer you can tell them what is legal in your class.
We research rules for classes all over the country ,world as far as that goes, so we dont have problems but it is way easier when you know them as well.

desratt
12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
thanks for everything

my dealer is HIGH DESERT PERFORMANCE
his kid races worcs. and I call him quite often
Paul is very good at getting back to me if he doesn't know right off his head. I just thought I would stop bothering him a bit and post some questions on here.

we will be in mesquite this weekend for the first worldmxracing.com race.

sldhd700
12-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Nathan your not bothering me. You have to remember thats what dealers are here for. Often times the questions a customer asks helps a dealer to learn more. I don t post often but I do follow along on the board.

We are going to watch the weather to see about Mesquite this weekend. I really don t want o drive six hours in the snow for a race. Hope to see you there.

Paul
High Desert Perfomance, Inc

desratt
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
do they make snow trax for these drr's and would that constitute as a tire change to be stock class legal..?

p.s. vegas weather last night said snow fri, sat, and sun...

I'll be there no matter what..my parents gotta condo there aned Ineed to get out of town.

raidernut
12-09-2009, 04:24 PM
The weather reports i saw on the national weather service said only 20% chance of rain and no snow.