PDA

View Full Version : My 86 250R Rebuild

dtowndiesel
12-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey guys, its a long story how I wound up with this quad but here it is. It's a survivor, by far the most mint original 86 I have seen in person. It won't hold a candle to one of k10seibels quads, but its still a 9.5 out of 10. Tragically in 2001 this quad had a collision with a 400ex, it bent the front rim and used the a-arms as a lever and bent the frame sideways. Nothing else was wrecked just the frame (which was flawless) and the mint gold rim was toast. That was the last time it was ridden, I purchased it this past spring completely disassembled. I found this frame from a guy down in N.C., it needed powdercoating but it was a perfect match for this project. Other than the frame and motor mounts being powdercoated, Everything else on the quad is original untouched.

I'm going to build it back to bone stock and probably let my wife ride it in the dunes a little bit. I want it to be a head turner and make it feel like a flashback to 86.

dtowndiesel
12-05-2009, 10:58 AM
some of the components laid out ready for installation

dtowndiesel
12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Here's the swingarm and Shock, the paint and decals are all original. The bearing carrier is unreal not a mark on it.

dtowndiesel
12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Here's the front end components, the paint on the a-arms is the original paint, they hardly have a scratch. I did have the hubs powdercoated because at some point somebody painted them red.

dtowndiesel
12-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Close up of the A-arms and Shocks

norcalduner
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
All I can say is WOW !!!

Haha I especially like those 3 motors neatly arranged on the shelf :macho

CODY_M11
12-05-2009, 10:41 PM
lol the 3 engines is whta i was eyeing :blah: im having a hard enough time getting my one running :( lol nice build man i cant wait to get mine started

pdxbigfoot
12-06-2009, 12:26 AM
I see another flawless build comming. Are you going to document the entire build?? It would be a treat to see this come to life.

jcs003
12-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by CODY_M11
lol the 3 engines is whta i was eyeing :blah: im having a hard enough time getting my one running :( lol nice build man i cant wait to get mine started

i hear ya. im still getting my wirinf figured out,lol

dtowndiesel
12-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
I see another flawless build comming. Are you going to document the entire build?? It would be a treat to see this come to life.

pdxbigfoot, I am going to document it as I go. It should go pretty fast, hopefully 3 weeks or so and its done. The nice thing about this build is that everything is done! No fabricating or hunting down parts, its all here and in great shape.

dtowndiesel
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
little update, I spent a little time on it yesterday.

dtowndiesel
12-06-2009, 06:36 PM
The nuts and bolts are amazingly clean, they are just like new. I'm trying to be very careful not to let the socket slip.

danhung11
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Very nice! Coming along very quickly, can't wait to see the final pics. It's nice to see these built up to combat the partouts.

Keep the pics coming!
Dan

dtowndiesel
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
tool, with a complete set of tools!

red88r
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Very nice! Coming along very quickly, can't wait to see the final pics. It's nice to see these built up to combat the partouts.

Keep the pics coming!
Dan

x2 That is what I always thought. Sad to see all those nice r's dismantled. I guess it gives other's a chance to build theirs. Anxious to see the finished picture. Really takes me back!

dtowndiesel
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, one problem I have is that I need a Axle. If anyone has one that's in excellent or perfect shape please let me know!! Thanks

bullet225ho
12-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I just picked up an 87 with a like new axle but can't part with it at the moment.

I'm loving this build up. Can't wait to see more pictures and progress.

reconmaster
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
thats one sweet restoration i can't belive you even have the priginal tool kit!!!:macho :macho i take with all original are you sticking with stock exhaust?

dtowndiesel
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
thats one sweet restoration i can't belive you even have the priginal tool kit!!!:macho :macho i take with all original are you sticking with stock exhaust?

You bet, Its going to be a showroom replica.

reconmaster
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
mint!!! got any pics of the fenders? my friends got a practically all original 87 only mods are lights bars exhaust motor (lrd i think) tires wheels and custom bumper skids nerfs and tether other than everythings stock its mint love the sound and takes off like a missle

CorvetteZ06
12-07-2009, 04:13 AM
looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TLR-Online
12-07-2009, 03:02 PM
I love seeing builds like this!! I cant believe the condition of the parts.

Do you have any pictures of the bike when it was damaged?

dtowndiesel
12-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes I can get some pics of the damage, I'll have to make a call, so it could take a few days but I'll get some coming!

troybilt
12-07-2009, 03:49 PM
All I want to know is where can I get an ATV stand like that!! :macho

Doug, Its going to be a really nice bike when you're all finished!!

dtowndiesel
12-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
All I want to know is where can I get an ATV stand like that!! :macho

Doug, Its going to be a really nice bike when you're all finished!!

Haha, I do love my stands, it gives a new meaning to the word kegstand I guess. My Dad has rental houses in a college town, and I used to have to clean up all their sh*t when they would move out, so thats where I got them from. They work great I sit in my old office chair and just wheel around the quad.

I also called the previous owner and he said he doesn't have any pictures. I'm bummed, I do remember quite well what it looked like. The front right tire sat about 6 inches behind the front left tire.

dtowndiesel
12-10-2009, 08:56 PM
A few more pics, I put the motor in most importantly......along with the airbox and a few other things. I took the top end off just to inspect the piston etc. and it all looked great! Other than some very slight scratches on the stator cover from shifting, that is the only flaw on the motor. The exhaust flange was difficult to clean because of the carbon buildup, so thats the only thing I wish was a bit cleaner ( not shown in the pics yet). As I continue to assemble the pieces back on the frame I am more and more amazed at how clean the nuts and bolts are. I should make some decent progress this weekend, my wife is going to Florida so I am free for the weekend!

dtowndiesel
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
stator side

dtowndiesel
12-10-2009, 09:04 PM

dtowndiesel
12-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey guys, Don't forget I'm still looking for a rear axle that will match the condition of the rest of these parts!! Thanks!!

skyeryder
12-11-2009, 07:21 AM
WOW!!!!!

bullet225ho
12-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm hoping your hard at work assembeling this R. Can't wait for the next set of pics and explenation of progress.

dtowndiesel
12-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by bullet225ho
I'm hoping your hard at work assembeling this R. Can't wait for the next set of pics and explenation of progress.

I'm actually working on it right now, I worked on it all last night too. The only problem is my wife took her good digital slr camera to Florida, which is what I've been using to take the pics. I'll probably end up taking some pics with my little kodak and post them, they just won't be as nice.

bullet225ho
12-12-2009, 10:23 PM
You say little Kodak...LOL anything over 2.5 MP is good for online posting. I'd much rather see a 3 MP picture of progress than a 10MP photo's of the completed project.....LOL

Take your time and capture the progress at the same time.

dtowndiesel
12-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Well, I got the camera back....and my wife. I got quite a bit done this weekend, it might not look like it but I put alot of little stuff on. I spend tons of time cleaning the parts up before actually installing the peice. This quad was disassembled in a pole barn for eight years so everything has a few layers of gunk on it.

dtowndiesel
12-15-2009, 06:53 PM
The radiator is almost perfect, only a couple bent fins. My wife was gone in Florida this weekend so I took the radiator and ran it through the dishwasher:). It worked perfect all the dust and buildup that was in between the fins is gone!

dtowndiesel
12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
It felt strange to actually put the intake tube on a 250r, usually it's the first thing I rip off.

dtowndiesel
12-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Stock skidplate and the rear brake caliper, which will be coming off as soon as I find a rear axle. I've never had a 250r that has a functioning parking brake, they're either long gone and replaced with a block off or frozen solid. I was suprised when this one moved with ease.

dtowndiesel
12-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Here's a pic of Jon's quad (ridered250r). We got started on his this past weekend too. It's a 87 we set that 88 plastic on their to see if he liked it, he's trying to decide between white or red fullbore......tough one. Hopefully he'll be starting a thread for his build soon. Thanks Guys!

dtowndiesel
12-15-2009, 07:14 PM

TLR-Online
12-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Are you planning on actually riding this?

I love this build! I like the fact that its not 100% perfect, just original and somewhat used.

reconmaster
12-15-2009, 07:20 PM
very nice 250rs!!! man oh man wish i could kick start a bike gettin the itch to some day to do a 250r project

rigger
12-15-2009, 07:26 PM
That really looks sweet !!!!

ridered250R
12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Doug!!!! Great pics man, I am just glad I get to see it in person, hahaha, oh and hey, that duncan bumper looks sweet with that black frame. Just shows that I am going to have to get one for that 87.

312R1
12-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ridered250R
Doug!!!! Great pics man, I am just glad I get to see it in person, hahaha, oh and hey, that duncan bumper looks sweet with that black frame. Just shows that I am going to have to get one for that 87.

Quad looks great..Reminds me of mine! I still have these mint red fullBores here. I heading up your way on friday. I will be in Blissfield Mi.

-Steve

250Renvy
12-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
Quad looks great..Reminds me of mine! I still have these mint red fullBores here. I heading up your way on friday. I will be in Blissfield Mi.

-Steve

Let me guess - picking up an Arens?

312R1
12-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Let me guess - picking up an Arens?

Hmm..maybe;)

dtowndiesel
12-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by 312R1

-Steve

Steve the thought did cross my mind that it looked a lot like your laeger! Blissfield is about 3 hours from us so we'll have to see. Check your pm's. Thanks

312R1
12-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by dtowndiesel
Steve the thought did cross my mind that it looked a lot like your laeger! Blissfield is about 3 hours from us so we'll have to see. Check your pm's. Thanks

Pm returned

Thanks,
Steve

dtowndiesel
12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Just another quick update, I won't be able to work on it much this weekend (christmas parties), so I thought I would quick share the work I've done the past few days. I have the headlight and alll handlebar controls in place. I happened to have a brand new OEM set of grips on the shelf from a 87 that I had about seven years ago, so I put those on. They are far from my ourys but they look the part for what this build is.

dtowndiesel
12-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Headlight

ridered250R
12-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Damn that is one good lookin head light......

dtowndiesel
12-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Radiator shrouds

dtowndiesel
12-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Heres the helmet holder tab that mounts on the side of the steering stem, I cant imagine using this when its just as easy to set your helmet on the seat or hook it on the handlebars, but its there....Sorry the updates not much but it'll have to do til next time. Thanks, Doug

dtowndiesel
12-18-2009, 05:23 AM
The gas tank needed a good cleaning on the inside, there was tons of gooey crap from old gas and oil. You guys can see that the 20:1 area is slightly faded? and the rest of the tank is beautiful. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be that way but I can't imagine that one specific area like that would fade and not one other spot on the tank is even close to fading. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

250rPRIDE
12-18-2009, 12:54 PM
OMG... swweeeeet!! i have seen a few mint tanks on a guy that has some perfect r's and i believe that should be faded like that on the mix ratio imprint.. this is one sweet resto.
couldnt the original frame be straighted or repaired??
either way NICE

TLR-Online
12-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Coming along... Do you have the key switch and some gold rims? I cant wait to see it with the plastic on!

dtowndiesel
12-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 250rPRIDE
OMG... swweeeeet!! i have seen a few mint tanks on a guy that has some perfect r's and i believe that should be faded like that on the mix ratio imprint.. this is one sweet resto.
couldnt the original frame be straighted or repaired??
either way NICE

The frame was bent in the area behind the a-arms and under the radiator. That flat area was twisted and kinked quite bad, it was straightened and when they straightened it the welds all around the flat plate area cracked and the plate was still kinked. They welded new flat stock over that area and gusseted the sides of the square tubing, but it looked terrible. The painted finish was ruined and the quality of the repair wasn't going to work with the quality of this rebuild. I don't even have the frame I left it with the original owner. I seen this quad after it was crashed in '01 and the front right tire sat at least 6 inches behind the front left.

dtowndiesel
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TLR-Online
Coming along... Do you have the key switch and some gold rims? I cant wait to see it with the plastic on!

I do have the gold rims, but one was ruined in the crash. I havn't inspected them much since buyin it, I know they're nice but I dont know how nice. I should check just in case the rubber is dried up and weather checked, I might buy new rubber. 86's did not come with a key switch.

250rPRIDE
12-18-2009, 02:56 PM
ya well i guess if the frame was that bad it was scrap!!!
thats ok it will still be a sweet bike, are you going to try to get the factory style stickers that go on the areas of the frame? i think you can get replicas of ebay..

dtowndiesel
12-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 250rPRIDE
ya well i guess if the frame was that bad it was scrap!!!
thats ok it will still be a sweet bike, are you going to try to get the factory style stickers that go on the areas of the frame? i think you can get replicas of ebay..

Yes, I am planning on getting the replica frame decals.

troybilt
12-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Yes, I am planning on getting the replica decals.

I just bought a set for my 89 frame. There is a thread with the contact information I posted on t r x 2 5 0 r . n e t
If needed....

dtowndiesel
12-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I just bought a set for my 89 frame. There is a thread with the contact information I posted on t r x 2 5 0 r . n e t
If needed....

Hey thank you, Andy Siebel gave me a # for the guy he uses for his quads. I was going to call him. I can't find them on ebay, I know somebody used to sell them there but not anymore I guess. Thanks again.

troybilt
12-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey thank you, Andy Siebel gave me a # for the guy he uses for his quads. I was going to call him. I can't find them on ebay, I know somebody used to sell them there but not anymore I guess. Thanks again.

Thats the same guy I used, real good dude to work with. :D

I'll pm you his email if you want it.

dtowndiesel
12-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Thats the same guy I used, real good dude to work with. :D

I'll pm you his email if you want it.

Haha, that great to hear. I have all his contact info from Andy so I should be all set. Thanks for the offer though I do appreciate it!

troybilt
12-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Sure!

Bikes looking good!

red88r
01-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Hey got any updates Doug? Can't wait to see that thing all assembled! Thanks for sharing the build pics.

dtowndiesel
01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by red88r
Hey got any updates Doug? Can't wait to see that thing all assembled! Thanks for sharing the build pics.

Well its slightly farther along than the last pics. The Holidays killed my weekends, and I struggled with the axle/brake pedal dilema for a while, but I think I have that all figured out now. Once those two pieces are in place all I have to do is put the plastic on and fire it up:) ......can't wait. Thanks for being patient through the speedbumps:)

TLR-Online
01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Pics?

dtowndiesel
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Pics?

I'll try get a few more pics asap. I'm getting the brake pedal in the mail tomorrow and I decided I'm going to powdercoat one of the stock axles that I have laying around and use that until I can find a mint original that will compliment this quad. I'll also have the reproduction frame decals in hopefully by wednesday......pics will be soon I promise:)

dtowndiesel
01-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Heres how it sits now, almost finished. I slid the durablue axle through the carrier because I had it on the shelf, its not staying in.

dtowndiesel
01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
The exhaust is very clean, and also VERY heavy, haha. I can't wait to hear how it sounds. I ended up getting a new OEM exhaust seal, the other one was brittle and cracked. I was just thinking the exhaust looks a little greyish in color, it must be the bright flash because its normal black in person.

dtowndiesel
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Heres the wheels, there is about an 1/8th of an inch worn off the tires. The gold rims are in great shape, one of the fronts was wrecked in the crash, but I was lucky enough to find an great match on ebay this summer. Thankfully the tires don't have any weather checks or dry cracks. I just pulled them off the shelf so they still need a good cleaning:)

312R1
01-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Very nice!!!

dtowndiesel
01-11-2010, 08:21 PM
And finally the plastic:) No cracks, almost no scratches. They are slightly faded, I think from sitting around for so many years. I've found Soft Scrub wit bleach works great on white plastic and I'm certain thats going to do the trick. I really hope that the plastic hasn't turned brittle thats my only concern. You can see on the egdes of the decals that there are a couple very small spots that flaked, but I think that can be expected from a 24 year old vinyl decal.

TLR-Online
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Looks Amazing!!! I still cant get over it.

How do the hubs match upto the rest of the gold parts? Do you know what color was used for the PC?

dtowndiesel
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Looks Amazing!!! I still cant get over it.

How do the hubs match upto the rest of the gold parts? Do you know what color was used for the PC?

Thank You! The color is identical, I have no idea what brand or color # was used. Luckily my powdercoater stocks that color, other wise I was going to use a columbia coatings color, the same on K10seibel uses, and the same one danhung11 used on his Laeger swingarm he's putting on his XC build. If you are seriously interested I can call my powdercoater and find out what the details are on the color.

01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Dude! :D

danhung11
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Beautiful! Nice work man.

It's nice to see so many builds going on!

Dan

250rPRIDE
01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
i cant believe what i am seeing.. awsome!!

Dbarker42
01-18-2010, 07:11 PM
very nice, one of the cleanest quads ive ever seen, hope to see it finished

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 07:58 PM
I finished up a couple more things tonight, cotter pins, and misc. nuts and bolts needed to be tightened. I also put on the frame decals! They are spot on, almost perfect replicas of the originals. I could'nt be happier with how they turned. For me its these little details that really make the quad look complete!

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 07:59 PM
caution

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 08:00 PM
resevoir bottle

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
radiator

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I am sooooo close to being done, I gave the plastic a good cleaning mounted everything up. I will have the axle back hopefully by thursday and thats all I need to get this thing going. Once its on the groundhopefully it fires right up:D

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 08:11 PM
soo close

TLR-Online
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
So Nice!!! I want it. Cant wait to see it on the ground.

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I absolutely love the old school honda wing!

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 08:15 PM
One last pic.....for now!

Dbarker42
01-19-2010, 08:16 PM
i didnt even know u could still get those frame stickers, where do u even find somethin like that?

danhung11
01-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey Doug!

Do us all a favor and don't ride this one! :D Pick up another one for your girl. LOL!

I love seeing your fantastic builds man, keep up the great work!

Dan

dtowndiesel
01-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Hey Doug!

Do us all a favor and don't ride this one! :D Pick up another one for your girl. LOL!

I love seeing your fantastic builds man, keep up the great work!

Dan

Haha, thanks Dan. I always appreciate your compliments and advice! I hate to tell you but I am going to ride it. Dunes Only Though! Honestly though I'm not sure how long I'll keep it....I like to keep my options open:D :D

01-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Fine, you can ride it.....BUT DUNES ONLY!!! Lol. Sick build.

Darthgeese
01-19-2010, 11:14 PM
im more ofan 88/9 fan but DAMN! That is one good looking quad my man. Haha and ya i think you should pick your girl a different quad. Id just bring that to the dunes to show it off lol

ridered250R
01-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Nice work on that plastic cleanup looks fantastic!!!

I was thinking about it for awhile and I have come to the conclusion that for really no reason at all, I will be the first to ride it. I mean lets be honest, compared to your snorting 89 it won't be any fun for you and you would take more more enjoyment seeing others ride it. So, yes, i will do you the favor and take it out for a spin.....no thanks needed, its understood.

Just kidding man, looks great!!

312R1
01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by ridered250R
Nice work on that plastic cleanup looks fantastic!!!

I was thinking about it for awhile and I have come to the conclusion that for really no reason at all, I will be the first to ride it. I mean lets be honest, compared to your snorting 89 it won't be any fun for you and you would take more more enjoyment seeing others ride it. So, yes, i will do you the favor and take it out for a spin.....no thanks needed, its understood.

Just kidding man, looks great!!

LMAO!!!

Looks AWESOME!!!!!!

250rPRIDE
01-30-2010, 09:42 AM
if your still looking for that nice stock rear axle i found this one while looking around on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-TRX-250R-REAR-AXLE-TRX250R-OEM-SPROCKET-ATC-1986_W0QQitemZ110484755690QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b96794ea

SilverLake250R
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
I was over at Doug's last night and oh my it is a sight to see! Better than the pictures.

dtowndiesel
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Well its finally finished. Its been "finished" for while but I've been waiting for the weather to break so I could take it outside and fire it up. The weather broke about two weeks ago and I finally had the time to get it. It started right up and ran just like it did 9 years ago before it was in the accident. I did a couple hot laps around the neighborhood, and it felt good! Almost as fun as my Lobo:) It's amazingly quiet, like a whisper in the wind.

I'll ride it around the neighborhood and put a little more time on it in the next few weeks. Then after that I'm going to put Skat Trak mohawks and haulers on the original gold rims and the quad will be for the dunes only! Silver Lake opens in April and I'm sure it will join us on our annual glamis, dumont, and little sahara trips. You might even see it in st. anthony and Oregon next year ;)

dtowndiesel
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM

dtowndiesel
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM

jcs003
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
awesome job! that deserves a pat on the back and a few cold ones.

dtowndiesel
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM

troybilt
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM
hellova job! looks great... glad to see you gonna get some use out of it too...

ARC_89TRX250R
03-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Looks Amazing! Nice work! was fun to check out the build and great photos....

312R1
03-18-2010, 08:29 PM
She's sexy!!!

Les Davis
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
All I can say is wow!!!! Thanks for sharing this build!! Was great to follow it from beginning to end

ml250r
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
super congrats on a job well done! looks awsome!

Dbarker42
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
very nice, loved seein all the pics of the build

ridered250R
03-18-2010, 09:26 PM
I can't wait to see this thing in action!!!!!

atv fan 28
03-18-2010, 09:32 PM
i would love to hear it. ive never heard a R with a stock exhaust. you should post some vids of you riding it.

red88r
03-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Looks great man...really takes me back. That's how my first R looked when I bought it. Thanks for sharing.

wild250rman
03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
ready to sell yet?

rayman375
03-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Looks NICE! Are there any aftermarket parts on it?

dtowndiesel
03-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by wild250rman
ready to sell yet?

Haha, maybe.......make me an offer:)

dtowndiesel
03-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by rayman375
Looks NICE! Are there any aftermarket parts on it?

Only a UNI filter, thats it. Everything else is 100% OEM

k10seibel
04-11-2010, 06:01 PM
WOW!
VERY COOL!
Enjoyed reading this thread. That's one of the nicest, truly original '86 TRX Rs out there.
Great job! Good pictures and documentation too. You've got one of those garages one could perform open heart surgery in. CLEAN!
Congrats to ya!
-Andy