PDA

View Full Version : solenoid click! please help..

fasterblaster09
12-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Well my solenoid was bad, so I was riding it like that a few days until it came in (with touching solenoid with screwdriver), I started it once, died out on takeoff, after that it didn't start again from solenoid, it just clicked. I bought a used solenoid off of someone on here and just put it on and guess what, it still clicks... I just charged my battery fro about 30 min to see if that was it but it still does it and it is a brand new battery. thanks , neil

Tommy Warren
12-05-2009, 10:17 AM
lightly tap your starter with a hammer while holding the start button. if it starts you need new brushes in your starter....

TCracin440ex
12-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
Well my solenoid was bad, so I was riding it like that a few days until it came in (with touching solenoid with screwdriver), I started it once, died out on takeoff, after that it didn't start again from solenoid, it just clicked. I bought a used solenoid off of someone on here and just put it on and guess what, it still clicks... I just charged my battery fro about 30 min to see if that was it but it still does it and it is a brand new battery. thanks , neil

take your battery to an advanced store and have it checked...just because the battery is brand new doesnt mean anything in the world. i have bought brand new batteries and had to turn arround and take them right back to the store because they were bad.

also did you check the fuse. there is a 15 amp fuse after the solenoid IIRC. if that fuse is blown then it will do the same thing. check that too. most likely the fuse is going to be your problem

btw what kind of quad are you working on

fasterblaster09
12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
this is on an 04 400ex. the starter was bad(little gold thing was broken, forgot name)...so i changed it. and its doing the same damn thing! I checked see if there was power at the solenoid and their is on the hot side, but not on the other, not even when Im pressing the start button, is this correct? a bad battery would make the solenoid click? also I took a speaker wire and jumped straight from battery to starter and it caught on fire:eek2: . the fuse is good. when it stopped starting from first solenoid, the fuse had burnt so I have a good one on there now. any ideas?

kfx400rider03
12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
try by passing the soleoid again but this time with heasier wire than speaker wire. or just take plyers and jump from the hot side of the solenoid to the starter side

fasterblaster09
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
the wire was pretty thick. I did try that on solenoid with screwdriver (thats how I started it beefore with first solenoid) and it just sparks. its like theres no power to the starter (I checked it with the wire tester that tells you if its hot or not

fasterblaster09
12-07-2009, 06:28 AM
anyone have a suggestion?..