PDA

View Full Version : SEC: Florida Vs Alabama

gcart2
12-05-2009, 05:56 AM
what are yall guys thinking. been doing quite a bit of research on the subject. i think mount cody (d line) with alabama will give the pouncey's (twins, o line) a hard time but since florida switched back to their proven big man setup they will be fine. Tebow is going to be throwing long all night, he has too. Ready to see him on 3rd down, bashin heads. The d end for florida, cant recall his name, is out due to a dui last week, jackass. He is likely a nfl pick, as a junior. anyways i think it will be close first half, get some breathing room third quarter (gators), run away with it in the fourth. i would love to see brantley (our bad-*** second string, sophmore, QB) get some time in the game if we get a lead.

predicted score, 35 - 21 gators.

i have to miss the game, or atleast the majority. working till six.

let the tebow bashing begin. for all the people who will bash him just consider this, he has broken records that haven't been touched in many years. he has won Heisman as a sophomore (or junior?). He is one of the best leaders in the sport. He is not god, but he is a hell of an athlete and leader.

couple things to consider.

http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends?sa=X&date=2009-1-8

http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends?q=*&sa=X&date=2009-1-8

extremeblastr
12-05-2009, 06:43 AM
gonna be a top notch game for sure no matter who wins

ricksmx865
12-05-2009, 08:48 AM
gonna be a good game!

24-21 bama

and you were right tebow won the heisman his Soph yr.

12-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Gators FTW!

Scro
12-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Roll Tide Roll!!!

dpizz450
12-05-2009, 12:07 PM
gonna be a great game. I took off work early to watch it. It will be a huge defensive playing game. Low scoring. IMO, Florida will come out with a win, but no telling what Saban has up his sleeve. I'm not rooting for either, im an lsu fan, but it will be a awesome game to watch, deffinently the best of all year.

lxtasy
12-05-2009, 04:41 PM
ROLL TIDE fan here.

lxtasy
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
32-13 BAMA WINS! Tebow was crying

quad2xtreme
12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
that's why they play the game...

J.Brown121
12-05-2009, 10:09 PM
i don't like alabama but i love the fact that they made saint tebow cry like a little girl :D

12-06-2009, 12:06 AM
:( w/e lol

gcart2
12-06-2009, 06:58 AM
yea i watched the second half, it was like the gators just gave up. i will watch it all again today. Alabama showed up for sure.

here are some of tebow's records, let him cry all he wants.

He was the first college football player to both rush and pass for 20 touchdowns in a season and was the first sophomore to win the Heisman.

In addition to the Heisman Trophy, his performance in 2007 also earned him the Maxwell Award as the nation's top football player, the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback, and the James E. Sullivan Award as the nation's most outstanding amateur athlete in any sport.

he rushed for 796 yards and 13 touchdowns and passed for 2,166 yards and 17 touchdowns in the regular season

Tebow also finished the first half with 63 yards rushing, breaking the SEC mark for career rushing yards by a quarterback. Former Arkansas star Matt Jones, who played receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars, previously held the record with 2,535 yards.

Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, had eight rushing TDs as a freshman in 2006, 23 in his Heisman-winning season and found the end zone 12 more times last year. He now has seven this season.

lxtasy
12-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Well next year it won't be the TEBOW gators. It will go back to FLORIDA GATORS.

Only thing I have wrong with TEBOW is that he plays ball like it is all about him and the rest of the team is hardly there.

I am just surprised he hasn't found a way to throw the ball and catch it himself.

I feel that his teamwork and sportsmanlike is not there. He may have all these records for a QB, but you have to think of some of the teams he has played up against. Any time Florida plays against a SEC team they have a hard time. Which is good. I like GOOD MATCHED FOOTBALL.

When he gets into the NFL I am sure his way of playing will change.

ben300
12-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by lxtasy
When he gets into the NFL I am sure his way of playing will change.

ya, as he wont see any playing time..

..he wont be any more than a second string qb in the nfl...

traditional college quarter backs that take all theer snaps directly from the shotgun dotn do well in the nfl...

...imo...kellen moore is ten times the quarter back than what tebow is and has the stats to prove it....he should win the heismen and boise should be in a national championship game but they wont, because they're not in a bcs division.....

quad2xtreme
12-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Tebow's been a big fish in a little pond. Now, he has to go to the greatest platform in sports and succeed or everything else he did means squat. If he doesn't make it in the pros he will be lumped in the same sentence with other college greats who couldn't make it. Meanwhile, less than stellar college players will become great athletes in the pros.

Tebow was on a great team and that helped elevate him to being one of the greatest college QBs of all time. I do wonder how he would have done at some of the other schools. For example, could he have made WVU a top 5 team?

I like the fact he was upset and showed emotion. The guy's been a winner all his life...much of it from all the hard work. It isn't just a gift that he didn't work for at all. The disappointment for him must have been an incredible letdown.

ben300
12-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
The disappointment for him must have been an incredible letdown.

ya especially since everyone and their brother has been making him adn that team out to be the greatest team in college football history...way over inflated....he's not even the best quarter back in college football,

im not bashing what your saying, but its pretty bad for him when they actually got beat by, well a better, underrated team....the dissapointment must be monumental...looks like florida cant popularize their way into a championship this year

gcart2
12-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ben300
im not bashing what your saying, but its pretty bad for him when they actually got beat by, well a better, underrated team....the dissapointment must be monumental...looks like florida cant popularize their way into a championship this year

Like what, last year? no, they won because they were the best last year. They were rated number one this year, statistically they should have won, however **** happens, they lost.

i agree with the whole TEBOW GATORS thing. looking forward to next season. John is a hell of a qb and i think he will bring back the classic qb style.

If tebow makes the choice to go to the nfl, he will. he is the best qb is college (maybe number two, McCoy is sick). he will play as a qb. yes his style will be altered, obviously. what is it that makes people think he cant do it? because he has goals? because he doesn't just care for the money? or is it because he is a die hard christian? Tebow is a great guy, i have met him, even played xbox with him, just a nice guy with his head on straight. i down bow down to him, but i respect him. i heard someone making fun of his crying, do yall not understand that he sees a lot of ppl look up to him, he is UF, his is Gators, to a lot of people. he failed, and he knows that.

quad2xtreme
12-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ben300
ya especially since everyone and their brother has been making him adn that team out to be the greatest team in college football history...way over inflated....he's not even the best quarter back in college football,

Ben, underrated by who?

Do you mind a personal question? I graduated from WVU in 1989. Wondering where you graduated from?

ben300
12-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Ben, underrated by who?

Do you mind a personal question? I graduated from WVU in 1989. Wondering where you graduated from?

Do you mind a personal question? wtf? what does it matter?

quad2xtreme
12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Again, wondering who thought the #2 rated team in the country was underrated.

Wondering if you graduated from Alabama. No shame in saying where you went to college.

ben300
12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Again, wondering who thought the #2 rated team in the country was underrated.

Wondering if you graduated from Alabama. No shame in saying where you went to college.

oh i know they're not underrated.... i just ment that statemetn by the fact that if you watched espn or any other sports news, they made it seem like alabama had no chance at all, same with nebraska against texas last night....i think they over looked things like alabama only allowing 11.0 ppg all season long..

im currently a senior at pennstate...i wasnt trying to sound like a dick to ya..i was jsut confused by your question

quadracer707
12-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
yea i watched the second half, it was like the gators just gave up. i will watch it all again today. Alabama showed up for sure.

here are some of tebow's records, let him cry all he wants.

He was the first college football player to both rush and pass for 20 touchdowns in a season and was the first sophomore to win the Heisman.

In addition to the Heisman Trophy, his performance in 2007 also earned him the Maxwell Award as the nation's top football player, the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback, and the James E. Sullivan Award as the nation's most outstanding amateur athlete in any sport.

he rushed for 796 yards and 13 touchdowns and passed for 2,166 yards and 17 touchdowns in the regular season

Tebow also finished the first half with 63 yards rushing, breaking the SEC mark for career rushing yards by a quarterback. Former Arkansas star Matt Jones, who played receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars, previously held the record with 2,535 yards.

Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, had eight rushing TDs as a freshman in 2006, 23 in his Heisman-winning season and found the end zone 12 more times last year. He now has seven this season.

And your point is what? Lost the game ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. 3rd round draft not as QB, Good collage qb though

madskrillz2
12-06-2009, 07:05 PM
All I gotsta say is ROLL DAMN TIDE. I thought we had a good chance to win but never expected to dominate like that. Now just time to shut down Mccoy