PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognize this slip on?

oliver1650
12-05-2009, 12:24 AM
When I bought, I was told it was an LRD system, but it doesn't look like pictures I've seen of any other LRD. Anyone know what it is?

bigbad400
12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
looks like a shortened up dg pipe. or some crazy home grown pipe, your right thow it dont look like any lrd i ever saw. the lrd is just like a hmf, its just a can right?

bigbad400
12-05-2009, 07:09 AM
this is the one i had for my blaster i built.

bigbad400
12-05-2009, 07:18 AM
really it looks like a shortened up stock can with some other endcap. its kinda cobbled and not at all professional. so im thinking he may have lied to you.

this is the dg one i was thinking. i used to have it on my 400 untill i got the hmf and the fmf powerbomb header. but it didnt come with no end cap.

bigbad400
12-05-2009, 07:25 AM
there it is i think... cut the can right behind the dg label and put some chincy endcap on it and there you have it. the welds match up, the bend matches up. you may have a dg headpipe on there too or a shortened stock one. most likely they shortened the can so they could use the stock headpipe. its not a slipon. it came as a full system. when mine got bent i cut 3 inches off the stock headpipe to make it mount up. they just cut 3 inches off the can.

show a pic of your headpipe too.

12-05-2009, 08:39 AM
That's a shortened LRD... You can tell by the end cap and mid-pipe..

A member on here had a LRD he custom shortened himself which looked JUST like that..

12-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Plus look at the top bracket. Same style as the LRD top bracket on the blaster pipe. And if you look on the DG, it's not a chrome mid-pipe and has mounts on it, whereas the LRD doesn't have mounts on the mid-pipe and is chrome.

The lack of knowledge these days on this site is incredible.. lol.

NacsMXer
12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
That's a shortened LRD... You can tell by the end cap and mid-pipe..

A member on here had a LRD he custom shortened himself which looked JUST like that..

X2, it's a shortened LRD

oliver1650
12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
The header is LRD for sure, there is a logo on it. The reason I was questioning the muffler is because all the pictures of LRD pipes that I've seen have a pipe that just goes into the muffler, whereas this one the pipe just gets bigger and becomes the muffler.

It's definitely not the same dg as that picture, and the bends and brackets aren't the same as the stocker.

DMC, do you know which member it was, or know where I can find a picture of it?

NacsMXer
12-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by oliver1650
The header is LRD for sure, there is a logo on it. The reason I was questioning the muffler is because all the pictures of LRD pipes that I've seen have a pipe that just goes into the muffler, whereas this one the pipe just gets bigger and becomes the muffler.

It's definitely not the same dg as that picture, and the bends and brackets aren't the same as the stocker.

DMC, do you know which member it was, or know where I can find a picture of it?

I see what you are saying. The shortened LRD you have has a reverse megaphone midpipe on it instead of just a pipe joining the silencer. It's possible that it is an earlier model, but i'm not 100% sure on that. Or the previous owner frankensteined a different midpipe into the silencer.

Either way the reverse megaphone that is on there is better for making power than just a pipe IMO. And that silencer looking at the brackets and end cap are definitely a LRD Pro-4. The silencer even has that reddish tint to it, that's exactly how the old units used to come.

oliver1650
12-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't think there was a different mid pipe hacked on there, the welds look really clean and it's all underneath the chrome. I didn't know there was an older version though, I could only find pics of the new ones.

Thanks for all the help, I didn't expect this many responses so quickly

12-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Yup.

But sorry dude, I forget his username. Otherwise id bring it up for you.

But I do believe the older LRD's came with the reverse Megaphone mid-pipe, like Nacs said. And the redish tint.

oliver1650
12-05-2009, 10:40 AM
That's alright, between the two of you it sounds like you guys know what you're talking about so I'm happy with just believing you.

12-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Here ya go. This is one of the older models also. You can see that fat mid-pipe on it.

jdog75
12-05-2009, 03:28 PM
to me that actually looks like a ct sonic with the turndown instead of the plates.

mooseracerX
12-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Yep DMC is right it is an old LRD Megaphone that looks like it got butchered up real good. I had one of those before I got my new LRD.

oliver1650
12-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Glad you guys got it figured out, thanks everyone

bigbad400
12-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Plus look at the top bracket. Same style as the LRD top bracket on the blaster pipe. And if you look on the DG, it's not a chrome mid-pipe and has mounts on it, whereas the LRD doesn't have mounts on the mid-pipe and is chrome.

The lack of knowledge these days on this site is incredible.. lol.

the lack of respect for others is worse than not knowing about some hackjob exhaust. i gave him my ideas with photos, tell me that dont look close *** hole. so i was wrong, did you need to be a rude *** hole about it? a simple.. "this is the answer", with some proof would have bean fine.

12-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
the lack of respect for others is worse than not knowing about some hackjob exhaust. i gave him my ideas with photos, tell me that dont look close *** hole. so i was wrong, did you need to be a rude *** hole about it? a simple.. "this is the answer", with some proof would have bean fine.

Haha someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this lovely Sunday morning?
Take a chill pill brah