PDA

View Full Version : Creamer to Suzuki for 2010

Pappy
12-04-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/suzuki2009-josh-creamer-ltr-450-atv-motocross-2010.html

12-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Thats awesome. Hes going to own this year. Goodluck to him

12-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I wish he would've stayed with kawi... actually makes me mad he switched to susucky.:ermm:

fastredrider44
12-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm not much of a Kawi fan, but Creamer's Kawi looked Sweet. Congrats to him for landing another factory ride when they're getting a little less common these days.

k4f5x0r
12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Creamer's definitely one of my favorite riders so im just happy he got a good ride. Sad to see him off the kawi though.

Atleast suzuki will have two beast riders though :devil:

eastside 400
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM
kawi got rid of their team atleast complete factory wise, i dont know of anyone on it atleast, he got a great ride with a bike that is proven and ready to go 1-2 next season

GE4x4
12-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Congrats to Josh.

But what I don't get, why drop Gust when he was such a icon for Suzuki and was right there with Creamer in points. Then go out and land Creamer?????:confused:

extremeblastr
12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Congrats to Josh.

But what I don't get, why drop Gust when he was such a icon for Suzuki and was right there with Creamer in points. Then go out and land Creamer?????:confused:

how many years do you think gust has left doing that? sometimes you've got to move forward even if it means leaving behind an integral part of your original team.... on a happier note i hear gust is not completely out of the running for a job with polaris and i'm hoping to god he will be riding for them so people can get an idea of what these bikes are capable of.

TrapZ400
12-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Congrats to Josh!

Should be a great season for Suzuki with two sick riders. I wonder what Gust is going to do? Polaris?

Is Keith Little going to stay on a kawi?

reconmaster
12-04-2009, 04:55 PM
creamr defintly deserves aride and cograts to josh on landing a ride within these tough times....sucks gust lost his spot but we all know digger doug will dig deep and be back

Pappy
12-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
on a happier note i hear gust is not completely out of the running for a job with polaris

From what I understand, any dealings between Gust and Polaris are rumors. There has been no contact or discussion between them.....

extremeblastr
12-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
From what I understand, any dealings between Gust and Polaris are rumors. There has been no contact or discussion between them.....

i've heard different stories from both sides of the fence and the only reason i have faith they are talking is due to some words with a polaris rep but we shall see of course. i just hope somebody of note gets on the outlaw for at least a few rounds and puts the haters to rest the bike is very capable and has an incredibly bad rap for no reason.

k4f5x0r
12-04-2009, 04:59 PM
i wonder if gasgas would have any support with their new 450...

i doubt it but maybe in the future with the economy recovering..

Pappy
12-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Ive heard it from one side of the fence, and the address had Gust on the mailbox:p

SRH
12-04-2009, 05:07 PM
gust is going to get older...and its going to be harder and harder for him to keep pace....creamer is a rising star, gust can still win but creamer is prob a bit hungrier

12-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I could've sworn I heard something about Gust becoming a adviser/ part of the suzuki crew. So he would still be with suzuki, just not racing.

Theguy105
12-04-2009, 06:36 PM
kawi has fully pulled out of racing from what i know. They are no longer doing any contigency here in new england and two time back to back champion joe haavistio is riding for can-am next season

coryatver
12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
good for him. Nice to see Suzuki is sticking with ATVs and even keeping 2 riders.

jigg14
12-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
Congrats to Josh!

Should be a great season for Suzuki with two sick riders. I wonder what Gust is going to do? Polaris?

Is Keith Little going to stay on a kawi?
I talked to Keith just a couple days ago and he said as of right now he's gonna be on Kawis for next year. Unless something changes between now he will be.

But congrats to Josh!

TrapZ400
12-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Theguy105
kawi has fully pulled out of racing from what i know. They are no longer doing any contigency here in new england and two time back to back champion joe haavistio is riding for can-am next season
:eek2:

Pappy
12-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Trust me...there is still bigger news to come:huh

GE4x4
12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Theguy105

Looks like Can Am is cornering every venue. The question is, what top rider isn't racing Can-Am?

TrapZ400
12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jigg14
I talked to Keith just a couple days ago and he said as of right now he's gonna be on Kawis for next year. Unless something changes between now he will be.

But congrats to Josh!
So I take it that kawi is still offering some support then.

TrapZ400
12-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Its cool to see that Josh is going to be racing the DWT series. What other pros besides the can-am riders will be racing it.

CADWELL
12-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Congrats to Creamer!

Did Suzuki switch over to FOX gear for '10 also?

I think the last time I remember seeing FOX on a AMA Pro was Downen in '08..Let alone a Factory race team..

reconmaster
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
i think that pics from 2006..i recognize the style from carpe diem 3 plus a few friends had that gear

coryatver
12-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Trust me...there is still bigger news to come:huh

Suzuki is in, Can am is in. Honda is out, Kawasaki is out, KTM was never in, So that only leaves Yamaha wonder what they are doing

reconmaster
12-04-2009, 07:48 PM
ktm could be in chances are thomas brown has a ride with yamaha not sure about pat does anyone know?

TrapZ400
12-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Im pretty sure pat is still with yamaha

quadracer707
12-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Congrats to Josh.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????

quadracer707
12-04-2009, 07:59 PM
i've heard different stories from both sides of the fence and the only reason i have faith they are talking is due to some words with a polaris rep but we shall see of course. i just hope somebody of note gets on the outlaw for at least a few rounds and puts the haters to rest the bike is very capable and has an incredibly bad rap for no reason.

NO it is slow, Steel City proved it

TrapZ400
12-04-2009, 08:10 PM
the polaris isnt that bad. Aaron Meyer did good on them in the neatv.

CADWELL
12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't mean to steel this thread more then it's been robbed already, but as far as the Polaris goes, don't they run the same powerplant as the KTM SX?

So what if Polaris has always been known to navigate away from sport platform ATV's, but at least they are now making an effort and the fact that RATH is trying to do what they can with them, earns my respect any day of thw week. I'll fully support whatever RATH does because they show great support for the atv community and sell American made products!

reconmaster
12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Im pretty sure pat is still with yamaha
I wasn't sure I figured where Thomas scored better than Pat he would have a sure deal I know Pat has what it takes he just needs some luck

quadracer707
12-04-2009, 08:22 PM
the polaris isnt that bad. Aaron Meyer did good on them in the neatv.

Sorry would't cut the mustard anywere else,

extremeblastr
12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Sorry would't cut the mustard anywere else,

and the how the hell would you possibly know? your putting it down every chance you get, who of note has ridden one? luburgh? thats a fricken joke he bailed after the first year and they made some big ergo changes not to mention hes a crybaby. casey martin did extremely well on his when he could get his chit together for a moto. they have many podium finishes in neatv throughout the classes and if you honestly think that doesn't count for anything consider the fact that meyer has done well on it against the likes of haavisto, gee, creamer, and plante without being able to use the parts he wants... neatv is no joke friend their riders put up top finishes when they venture to the nationals.

i apologize for running away with this thread

SRH
12-04-2009, 10:31 PM
i dont know what yoru all bickering about , if you got the right group of guys and the right rider behind a brand a kymco could be out front, its where polaris or whoever else decides to put there money that determines how its going to do

u can take any of the 450s and be competitive these days, they all have there own quirks, for the day to day rider the only thing u should look at is cost of ownership

it all has to do with how bad the team wants it

anyway, im excited to see how creamer does on the suzuki, i think that team is going to give wienen a handful this season, should be interesting

SRH
12-04-2009, 10:36 PM
and the how the hell would you possibly know? your putting it down every chance you get, who of note has ridden one? luburgh? thats a fricken joke he bailed after the first year and they made some big ergo changes not to mention hes a crybaby. casey martin did extremely well on his when he could get his chit together for a moto. they have many podium finishes in neatv throughout the classes and if you honestly think that doesn't count for anything consider the fact that meyer has done well on it against the likes of haavisto, gee, creamer, and plante without being able to use the parts he wants... neatv is no joke friend their riders put up top finishes when they venture to the nationals.

neatv is very competitive , however southside ,can am and kawi have a big presence there, lots of incentives for people to ride polaris , can am and kawi

im sure you could of taken meyer and he would of done the same on another brand

basically the pros are looking for $$, the team, then the quad , probably in that order

so id chill out on trashing guys like luburgh and being open with rumors until there confirmed

with no support i feel like a rider would be foolish to go with a polaris, there chassis are gnerally high maintence, bushing bearsing etc wear fairly fast, so unless a shop is selling them cheap, or companies are pushing the parts it wouldnt make sense to run it, thats why alot of guys without rides are on hondas and suzukis, cheap plentiful parts and all the knowledge on how to make them work is available

quadracer707
12-05-2009, 01:34 AM

Seen It run 1st hand at steel city, laped without anyone wrecking it, couldn't hit the triple like everyone else, & I beleive polaris showed up at virginia race this year, atleast team polaris did, & i dont believe it, the quad qualified, & how am I putting it down every chance I get. Just my opinion from seeing it run 1st hand & someone who ran the quad & didn't like it. Seems to me as soon as some ever disagees with you, you get as cocky as all hell,

Tommy Warren
12-05-2009, 01:48 AM
let the online mouthing battle begin!!! I love this part.....seems to be getting more and more common. :macho :rolleyes:

ding ding ding

Jersey450R
12-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

ding ding ding

FIGHT!

Haha, reason i havent posted in 3 months..

way to go Creamer :ermm:

extremeblastr
12-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by SRH
so id chill out on trashing guys like luburgh

seen him throw a hissy fit first hand because polaris wouldn't let him run a custom set of plastics and seat on the 08 style and have heard many a story about his attitude being horrible while with kawi so i feel no shame in bashing him.

i got my 450mxr for 3100 brand new out of the crate (yes i realize no everyone can get that kind of deal) and have put it through hell stock without breaking anything, all i'm saying is the bike has the powerplant to get it done and comes stock with suspension that can be revalved and used until at least the A class level its easy to move around on and feels light in the air all of those things combined make for a hell of a machine and all it needs is the right rider to buck the bad name its got in the industry.

GE4x4
12-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Seen It run 1st hand at steel city, laped without anyone wrecking it, couldn't hit the triple like everyone else, & I beleive polaris showed up at virginia race this year, atleast team polaris did, & i dont believe it, the quad qualified, & how am I putting it down every chance I get. Just my opinion from seeing it run 1st hand & someone who ran the quad & didn't like it. Seems to me as soon as some ever disagees with you, you get as cocky as all hell,

Sounds more like the rider then the quad. The quad is as light and powerful as any other 450 out there, so with a top rider it will do what other will do. They just don't have a top rider.

859davidt
12-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Casey Martin=Pro Am Podium=Loretta Lynn's= Polaris

extremeblastr
12-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 859davidt
like i said casey can get it done when hes got his chit together

quadracer707
12-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 859davidt

I commend any manufacture that puts a race quad on the market to compete. All our comments are educated (lol) guess's as we dont race them. Heck I even hope that gas gas 450 does well, & by the way Caesy Martin had 3 podiums for the year. I would never mock a series as we need as many as possiable, or a rider for a do not ride just watch & observe & help out.
As for the NEATV series Iam trying to talk a friend into riding it this year & want to take my little guy up there to race since everything is to damn far away here in pa, & some of the local tracks are shutting down,

Ken

12-05-2009, 08:26 AM
To all the guys getting pissed that Gust is being kicked off...

How long do you honestly think he can keep racing?? The guys pushing 40+, and with all the young guns out there, time will start to take it's toll on him sooner then you think. It's really depressing to me honestly, that people have to get old and no longer do as well as their younger days, but that's life. He's had a great run and will always be one of my favorite riders, but everyone has to retire at some point.

But im sure he'll still be racing for a couple more seasons, then maybe some local-track type races as he gets older.

859davidt
12-05-2009, 08:53 AM
I commend any manufacture that puts a race quad on the market to compete. All our comments are educated (lol) guess's as we dont race them. Heck I even hope that gas gas 450 does well, & by the way Caesy Martin had 3 podiums for the year. I would never mock a series as we need as many as possiable, or a rider for a do not ride just watch & observe & help out.
As for the NEATV series Iam trying to talk a friend into riding it this year & want to take my little guy up there to race since everything is to damn far away here in pa, & some of the local tracks are shutting down,

Ken

Correct on Casey's 3 podium's of which one was on the Polaris. I was comenting on the bike from a previous post that stated (not in these exact words) it could not compete. His other 2 podiums were prior to the Polaris switch.

vzmain61
12-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Gust has been great for the sport. Practically iconic. When you think of ATV motocross Doug Gust comes to mind. He's been a role model to people young and old. Suzuki made a business move....it's a part of life. If Gust goes on and rides for another team, or even retires we should clap our hands for the time he spent in the sport and being a champion on and off the track.

Pappy
12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by vzmain61
Gust has been great for the sport. Practically iconic. When you think of ATV motocross Doug Gust comes to mind. He's been a role model to people young and old. Suzuki made a business move....it's a part of life. If Gust goes on and rides for another team, or even retires we should clap our hands for the time he spent in the sport and being a champion on and off the track.

Amen.....perfect wording to describe the issue.

patrickj75
12-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by CADWELL
I don't mean to steel this thread more then it's been robbed already, but as far as the Polaris goes, don't they run the same powerplant as the KTM SX?

So what if Polaris has always been known to navigate away from sport platform ATV's, but at least they are now making an effort and the fact that RATH is trying to do what they can with them, earns my respect any day of thw week. I'll fully support whatever RATH does because they show great support for the atv community and sell American made products!

The Outlaw and the KTM XC have basically the same motor. The KTM SX uses a completely different motor, better suited for MX. The Rath/Polaris bikes could be just as competitive as other 450's with a top Pro rider. Theire bikes are top notch.

mkh155
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Congrats to Creamer,He deserves it.I cant wait to see him ripping on a zuki next year!

dehner47
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by vzmain61

i totally agree :D

xrxmxcx
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Creamer has what it takes to be on a factory team even in times of downsize and withdrawal.

Kawasaki - Nonews or definite plans, NEATV contingency pending

Suzuki - Wimmer and Creamer "factory team", Gibson back to Suzuki

Yamaha - No news or definite plans

KTM - No NATIONAL TEAM, NEATV Pro racer Mike Pilotte Factory KTM support, NEATV contingency for 2010 announced.

Can-am - Wienen and Natalie Factory Motoworks, Warnert Racing to host GNCC racers, Joe Haavisto is on the plate for the NEATV Pro support. NEATV contingency announced for 2010.

...and as soon as this is posted I'm sure people will blame me with a biased mind because I ride Can-am, but to say the least they are sticking by our sport and supporting it in the end, aren't they?

extremeblastr
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
Creamer has what it takes to be on a factory team even in times of downsize and withdrawal.

KTM - No NATIONAL TEAM, NEATV Pro racer Mike Pilotte Factory KTM support, NEATV contingency for 2010 announced.

Can-am - Wienen and Natalie Factory Motoworks, Warnert Racing to host GNCC racers, Joe Haavisto is on the plate for the NEATV Pro support. NEATV contingency announced for 2010.

...and as soon as this is posted I'm sure people will blame me with a biased mind because I ride Can-am, but to say the least they are sticking by our sport and supporting it in the end, aren't they?

i don't see anything biased about your post as its all truth. i for one am dissapointed with kawi for going the same route honda did.

reconmaster
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
it sucks but quads always get the short end of stick even though we outsellf bikes

mxpimp2000
12-07-2009, 12:38 AM
lawson is riding suzuki for walsh

JR3
12-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx

do u know what polaris is doing?

edit: the reason i ask is because over the summer i got to talk to a factory backed polaris guy forget his name but he was at one of our races. i looked over his race bike really didnt look like that bad of a design from polaris. he said the bike was just as reliable as any 450 etc etc.

450ice
12-07-2009, 05:26 AM
has anyone heard of any other pros and there rides that arent on this thread joe byrd, dunk, gee, cody miller, lawson, little, and .....?

extremeblastr
12-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by JR3

edit: the reason i ask is because over the summer i got to talk to a factory backed polaris guy forget his name but he was at one of our races. i looked over his race bike really didnt look like that bad of a design from polaris. he said the bike was just as reliable as any 450 etc etc.

i have not heard about any polaris contingencies of any kind and i can't say i blame them as they have no real customer base in the mx scene as of right now loveee the bike though switched to it from a kawi and haven't looked back.

Jersey450R
12-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Yea, i'm wondering what Joe Byrd is going to do also. Thats way cool about Lawson being back with Mike. Dude was his mentor when he rode Honda's. Thats awesome.

patrickj75
12-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JR3

The Rath/Polaris team will have Casey Martin in Pro/Am again. That's the last that I heard.

Theguy105
12-07-2009, 09:25 AM
nothing is heard of polaris up here for NEATV. but i know they are trying to works something out..

and i would ride a can-am too if you guys looked at some of the numbers they are paying out this next season!!

Looks like NEATV is becoming the Mini Nationals.