PDA

View Full Version : need to know my banshees hp?

bansheerider99
12-04-2009, 11:52 AM
hey guys i just wanted to know if anyone can give me a close entimate on what my banshee would be runnign for hp. here is a quick list of stuff on it.

- 60 over namura pistons
- twin K&N high flow filters and outerwears
- 34mm flat slide makuni carbs
- boost bottle
- fmf fatty pipes and silencers

thanks for the help, josh.

12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Woah those carbs are WAYYYYY too big for a stock motor... those are even big for a ported motor... You should have either stock or 28's. You're actually probably loosing power with carbs that big on a stock motor.

With stock carbs, You're around 42-45.

bansheerider99
12-04-2009, 03:01 PM
i cant see losing power, with having exhaust changed and youd want more air flow, the bike seemed to work alot better with these carbs on even with the stock air box, and now with the filters seems even better but i dont know everything lol.

12-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider99
i cant see losing power, with having exhaust changed and youd want more air flow, the bike seemed to work alot better with these carbs on even with the stock air box, and now with the filters seems even better but i dont know everything lol.

The problem with bigger carbs is you loose intake velocity. Even with pipes, the ports still limit how much air-flow leaves the cylinder. I bet if you got some 28's and tuned them in properly, it would make more power.

I forget what exactly it is, but huge carbs on a stock port banshee reduce either top end or bottom end because the loss of velocity.

machwon
12-06-2009, 05:28 AM
It's probably in the high 40's without any head or porting modifications. Have the head milled, porting done and you can easily get in the low 60's. Run the 34's as long as their jetted correctely.

poppa-willie
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
as DMC said you are losing a good bit of power with that large of carbs. most of the power you are losing is in bottom end so i guess if you are always on the pipe then it doesnt matter.

i would have to agree that you're in the 40-45 hp range however im sure your hp curve is a little peeky with those carbs compared to smaller carbs or a single carb set up. whether or not you should buy different carbs depends on you future mods and riding style.

12-06-2009, 04:21 PM
BTW, that looks like an 07 or 08. You must ride a damn lot for it to be .060 over already.. lol.

bansheerider99
12-06-2009, 04:28 PM
lol its a 99 with 08 plastics hahaha

12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh gotcha. lol.

tyleroar
12-08-2009, 10:13 PM
you shouldnt loose any power off those carbs and only gain on top beside im sure your motor will out grow them eventuallyyou can use them on a stocker up to a 421 but you will have to keep your rpms most banshee riders do that any way

tyleroar
12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
im sure around 40 conservatively have a trust worthy company do you some port work with a flow bench or a dyno that only works on banshees cascade innovations really good prices good people good tech support, even if you don't choose to do business. i like them because they like what they do, and there port work has been superior to people with similar set ups. im sure just on port work you should be able to see 60 hp. loose the boost bottle, cap it off, and dont run you cross over hoses after market carbs don't like that ive noticed. just make sure you sync them

SandPsycho
12-11-2009, 03:53 PM
High 40's sounds about right, and those 34's should be fine just make sure to jet them to your specs. Personally never liked anything smaller than 33's on my shees. Banshees are never ending projects so those carbs should last you through plenty upgrades..........

bansheerider99
12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
thanks guys, any info helps alot and tips of diffrerent parts to put on my bike would help just anything usefull is appriciated thanks

tyleroar
12-11-2009, 05:19 PM
nice looking banshee!! i like the colors