PDA

View Full Version : Check out the press release on home page

C-LEIGH RACING
12-04-2009, 08:31 AM
250R & Hybred owners,,,,,,
Check the press release on the home page, for the AMA/ATVA 2010 Extreme Dirt Track national racing season.

Thanks to the newly formed board, which I'm a part of, all those 265cc 2 strokes & big bore's for that mater, that have been sitting collecting dust have a place to race now.

I think you'll be pleased with what you read.

You guys need to get those 265R's or big bores out & take them racing, because the 2 STROKE CLASSES ARE BACK.

:D :D :D NEIL ;)

TLR-Online
12-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Thats exciting news!!

Inspector
12-04-2009, 08:44 AM
A little too late I think. Why did it take so long? Are your entry numbers down too low? I got out of it because of the 4- stroke demand and even saw a few of those racers drop out out because of the expense when you blow one up.

skyeryder
12-04-2009, 08:56 AM
That's good news, hopefully you guys can get that series turned around. We're hoping to make a couple rounds this year so hope to see you there. You guys definetely need a better web site to help get the info out. I also like the non-points class idea the GNCC's have the sportsman a/b for the local woods racer and that class always has a full gate. Good luck keep us updated!

Pappy
12-04-2009, 08:57 AM
With Neil on the board...look for all 2 stroke classes:devil:

C-LEIGH RACING
12-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
With Neil on the board...look for all 2 stroke classes:devil:

:D :D :D That's right Pappy, you better beleave it.
I had a bit of input about the classes, but was not in on choosing the classes they were to be in.
If I had been, they would be back in the Pro class.
Neil

Pappy
12-04-2009, 09:20 AM
As far as I see it, if there is no manufacture support then its run what ya brung....maybe in Open Pro....

It will be interesting to see if other series ditch the Production rules seeing the support is running away in droves. The info I got yesterday,to me,set this sport back 5 years. Lets hope the economy turns around and fast, if not this year and next could get ugly in all forms of racing.

fastrnrik
12-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Please put up a link.

Pappy
12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/extreme-dirt-track-atv-racing-2010-classes-status-update.html

troybilt
12-04-2009, 11:56 AM
This is awesome news!!!

...ah, does this mean 250r parts are going to become more expensive... :eek2:

coryatver
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Tim farr and Shane Hitt need to bust out the 250rs again and show the young guys how its done:D

89rwfo
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
This is awesome news!!!

...ah, does this mean 250r parts are going to become more expensive... :eek2:

no kidding some of these parts are hard to find now. I bet this will drive demand and cost higher. There is a lot of unhappy 4 pokers out there looking for a cheaper way.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Tim farr and Shane Hitt need to bust out the 250rs again and show the young guys how its done:D

Your a little late, didnt you read where Shane Hitt ran his at Ashtabula, Ohio this past season.
He ran the Pro Am Unlimited & then one of the + classes & finished second in both classes on a 310R with a blown head gasket.
Would have been sad if that head gasket not been messed up, for them 4 pokers.
Neil

quad janern
12-04-2009, 03:26 PM
WOW this is some great news !!! :D
AWESOME

skyeryder
12-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 89rwfo
no kidding some of these parts are hard to find now. I bet this will drive demand and cost higher. There is a lot of unhappy 4 pokers out there looking for a cheaper way.

OR it make someone reproduce some parts and get some stuff back out there..... either way it's great news

fastrnrik
12-04-2009, 06:19 PM
That's awesome! But, my question is...Why is the limit still 265cc's? for two strokes? 4 strokes have come a long way in the pas few years. I've personally seen some ama legal 450R's (not big bores) up to 60 hp and above. Seems like a helluva handicap for the R. Just my $.02

troybilt
12-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
That's awesome! But, my question is...Why is the limit still 265cc's? for two strokes? 4 strokes have come a long way in the pas few years. I've personally seen some ama legal 450R's (not big bores) up to 60 hp and above. Seems like a helluva handicap for the R. Just my $.02

Hey its a start!! What the 265 gives up in hp, ...makes up for in handling...

Classic underdog story... 20 yr old 265 2 stroke takes on 2010 450r... call Holywood, I want rights to the movie deal!! LOL...

at least the 250r is back, I still can't fathom why aftermarket quit making stuff for the 250r... makes no sense to me. But like someone said before, maybe they'll be back on board in the not so distant future.

BTW, I bet some tuners on here, not going to mention any names but his initials are, C-Leigh or LED, cough cough, can make a national 265 put out some serious #'s, maybe not 60hp, but who knows. Next couple years is going to be interesting!!

86 Quad R
12-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by skyeryder
OR it make someone reproduce some parts and get some stuff back out there..... either way it's great news

my thinking too. would be nice to see all of those aftermarket parts guys(companies) that have put up all the jigs, templates, molds and in recent years, haulted sales come back outta the woodwork and start producing/provide service for these old machines. ;)

Pappy
12-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Not to be a wet blanket here......but for the R to make a comeback on the track, it will mean you all actually have to nut up and race. No one is going to do squat unless the numbers go up at the races and the demand is there for companies or race promoters to actually make things change and grow.

EDT racing is an excellent start, but it means pushing away from the keyboard and hitting the track and hopefully YOU will actually show up and race instead of just flappin gums! I for one would love to see the attendence levels grow 100 fold in the series....

86 Quad R
12-05-2009, 09:33 AM
15 years ago pappy i'd been right there and ready to go. im too old these days. me bones are starting to hurt more en heal slower. lol

troybilt
12-05-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm an arm chair quarterback, and I live vicariously thru the younger guys... there is no races in my area either otherwise I'd be all over it.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Some of the other things the new board are working on. Trying to get some of the expense down the track owner has to deal with when holding an event, so they can in turn lower the gate & race entry fee's on the riders & teams.
Hopefully if we can get that cost down, will be a little more incentive & more will show up to race.
We cant change the price of gas & you know those big & powerfull money grubbers up top not going to ease up, so somethings got to change somewhere.

Our marketing teams working real hard with sponcers, but if any of you reading this know of any company's out of the box might would want to join in, let us know. Every little bit will help, keep that in mind.
Thanks, Neil

reconmaster
12-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
15 years ago pappy i'd been right there and ready to go. im too old these days. me bones are starting to hurt more en heal slower. lol
not meaning to bust your balls but i'm paralyzed strapped in and give er..i'm pretty sure tt is easier on the body than mx..i'm prepared to get chewed..btw seeing 250rs at any race puts a smile on my face too bad i can't kickstart a bike

C-LEIGH RACING
12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
not meaning to bust your balls but i'm paralyzed strapped in and give er..i'm pretty sure tt is easier on the body than mx..i'm prepared to get chewed..btw seeing 250rs at any race puts a smile on my face too bad i can't kickstart a bike

Hey recon, did you read in the press release that there could be UTV races as well as the atv's.
Neil

reconmaster
12-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh I race a yfz (electric start) i just love 250rs and what i am saying is if i could kikstart a bike i would love to have a 250r

woodsracer144
12-06-2009, 08:39 PM
HOLY ****IN TITTYS! where are the races at? anything near WI at all if there is you can count me in! i got the r ready to go...

just let me know and i'll be there...

red88r
12-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
HOLY ****IN TITTYS! where are the races at? anything near WI at all if there is you can count me in! i got the r ready to go...

just let me know and i'll be there...

Good to hear you got it going again!

woodsracer144
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM
well i need to know where the races are going to be at... i'm talkin to a guy about a motor... i need one bad... if i get the ball rolling im gonna be really rusty... i havent rode all year had my rear shock done got that back then i crack my right case and i sold my motor and i havnt gotten one since... dang bills!

hey we should make a team up... i know you know how to ride the 250r! ;)

reconmaster
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM
btw according to my budget, work, race, sports schedule i'm gonna try to make a tt this year to try anyn got spare wheels n tires they could lend a brotha?

woodsracer144
12-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
btw according to my budget, work, race, sports schedule i'm gonna try to make a tt this year to try anyn got spare wheels n tires they could lend a brotha?

ebay is your best friend!
there was a full set of am racers on hypers that sold for 400 a while back on hypers... with new rubber... im kickin my self for not getting them!

ballzdeep38
12-07-2009, 10:20 AM
anybody know of something like this in So. Cal?

red88r
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
well i need to know where the races are going to be at... i'm talkin to a guy about a motor... i need one bad... if i get the ball rolling im gonna be really rusty... i havent rode all year had my rear shock done got that back then i crack my right case and i sold my motor and i havnt gotten one since... dang bills!

I did not get to ride on tracks this year as much as I wanted but I did stay in shape. Probably a little rusty too! What type of racing are you going to pursue? Woods or MX? I never tried woods-always ran mx.

red88r
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM

I did not get to ride on tracks this year as much as I wanted but I did stay in shape. Probably a little rusty too! What type of racing are you going to pursue? Woods or MX? I never tried woods-always ran mx.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-07-2009, 07:27 PM
All you guys that want to pull those 2 strokes & hybreds out & race, heres the places the races are comming to.
These tracks not 100% etched in stone, but I can tell you they are just about 95% chance the race will be there.

First race event will be in North Carolina, little east of Charlotte NC in the month of May.
#1, Robins Ridge Raceway, Burnsville NC, first of May
#2, Ozark Mt Raceway, Ava MO, last of May
#3, Black Rock Speedway, Black Rock NY, June 19-20th
#4, Birchcreek Motorsports Park, Danville VA, July 10-11th
#5, Pine Lake, (Fischers) Ashtabula Ohio, July 24
#6, Track TBA, at Sioux Falls SD, Aug 14th
#7, Track TBA, at Oriville Ohio, Aug 28th

This is just to give you some idea of race location's. Race number's 1,2,4 & 5 are locked in at those location's & date's.
Neil

yfzttracer76
12-07-2009, 08:19 PM
why is Ashtabula 1 day?

C-LEIGH RACING
12-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by yfzttracer76
why is Ashtabula 1 day?

It's not, I just couldnt remember the day's.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday event cause they dont have lights around the track.
Neil

woodsracer144
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by red88r

i was mostly a woods rider but i was thinkin we should do this EDT... but im up for some mx as well! my quads almost ready to go...

skyeryder
12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I take it the Illinois tracks lost out..? thanks for the update

Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
All you guys that want to pull those 2 strokes & hybreds out & race, heres the places the races are comming to.
These tracks not 100% etched in stone, but I can tell you they are just about 95% chance the race will be there.

First race event will be in North Carolina, little east of Charlotte NC in the month of May.
#1, Robins Ridge Raceway, Burnsville NC, first of May
#2, Ozark Mt Raceway, Ava MO, last of May
#3, Black Rock Speedway, Black Rock NY, June 19-20th
#4, Birchcreek Motorsports Park, Danville VA, July 10-11th
#5, Pine Lake, (Fischers) Ashtabula Ohio, July 24
#6, Track TBA, at Sioux Falls SD, Aug 14th
#7, Track TBA, at Oriville Ohio, Aug 28th

This is just to give you some idea of race location's. Race number's 1,2,4 & 5 are locked in at those location's & date's.
Neil

C-LEIGH RACING
12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by skyeryder
I take it the Illinois tracks lost out..? thanks for the update

Yes,
unless a track or promoter come's up with something far better than what was offered in the past.
Neil

woodsracer144
12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
dang... that would have been the closest one!

C-LEIGH RACING
12-08-2009, 01:47 PM
dang... that would have been the closest one!

Hey, what about the SD, MO or Orville Oh race.
Neil

Sandsjbyz22
12-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Will Orville, Oh be at Wayne County Speedway?

woodsracer144
12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Hey, what about the SD, MO or Orville Oh race.
Neil

ill go to the SD one... might go to OH im working on a deal right now i'll have to see how it pans out...

palot
12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Sandsjbyz22
Will Orville, Oh be at Wayne County Speedway?

Far as I know that is where it will be, I know place we talked about, nationals have ran there a few times before.
I've not heard it called Wayne Co, we refer to it as Orville, but pretty sure its where your talking about,,, big sprint car TV track.
Neil

Sandsjbyz22
12-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Yeah that is the same place. We used to race mx in the center of the track all the time. The TT nats in 2000 was the first time I ever went to a Nat. Spader won that night. Last year on the Duncan bike.