PDA

View Full Version : anyone not like reflex?

MX300ex
12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
got the game today and think its a joke.

yea the features are sweet. but like you touch one person you fall. make one slight turn your ****ed. its retarted imo

much happier with untamed or even unleashed. just my 2 cents..

bash me all you want now

TCracin440ex
12-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by MX300ex

yea the features are sweet. but like you touch one person you fall. make one slight turn your ****ed. its retarted imo

bash me all you want now

i played the demo i d/l from ps 3 i really didnt like it too much. its just too hard to controll. neither did my bro. but i guess after u get used to it then maybe it would be different

meankfx
12-04-2009, 04:49 AM
I was thinking the same thing at first but then I played it for awhile and got used to it. Now I like it way better than the others.

buck440
12-04-2009, 07:15 AM
it's out already:confused:

MX300ex
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
its retarted when you bit a bale and cartwheels you or you touch one person and your off. plus all the other riders are all over. its just a joke imo

fast300ex59
12-04-2009, 08:06 AM
game is so sick

SRH
12-04-2009, 09:40 AM
ii love it, first mx game i ever played where you have to ride the bike just like a bike in real life, setting up for a corner, railing berms, everything caters to guys who really ride....the old mx vs atv games sucked imo, anyone could pick up a controller and do it, there was no challenge , now i can kick gamers asses because i know how to pick lines and set up for corners, its great, i wish they gave some more mx and sx tracks and freeride environments and dropped the way point, freestyle and short course stuff, also a announcer throughout the race doing the race action would of been kick ***...for reflex 2, they should get david bailey to call the action and i think no matter the difficulty they should run only pro names, kinda like ea sports supercross for ps1

Exrider434
12-04-2009, 10:00 AM

bash me all you want now

Hmmm sounds like they made it realistic??!

Chino
12-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434

There's a difference between realistic and down right stupid when your playing a game.

muddy400EX
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
i got used to the controls, but still hate everything else. like he said, you barely touch a guy and you fall off. and thats not realistic, you see guys rubbin fenders all the time and they dont go flying off the bike. and if you hit a tire or something on the side of the track, you go spinning into 360 backflip cartwheels and its like whaaaaat the **** is he doing?

MX300ex
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM

have you even played the game?

you can ride a bike in real life the track changes like normal. but like muddy400ex said. people rub all the time in racing. i remember RC and Stewart battling it out Washougal were Stewart plows into RC comming around corner no way you could do that in this game.

in untamed you can actually run over a bale and doesnt stop you dead in your tracks. or flip you upside down.

and the movement of the ride i think could be better to. very touchy

SRH
12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
have you even played the game?

you can ride a bike in real life the track changes like normal. but like muddy400ex said. people rub all the time in racing. i remember RC and Stewart battling it out Washougal were Stewart plows into RC comming around corner no way you could do that in this game.

in untamed you can actually run over a bale and doesnt stop you dead in your tracks. or flip you upside down.

and the movement of the ride i think could be better to. very touchy

thats stewart and rc lol, u can make contact in the game and not fall off...and oh btw....do this...grab a hay bale, go get a 450 and hit it about 35 mph and see what happens

yeah real tracks dont rut up at that rate but in a 3 lap moto the track would barely change so they make it at a pace that makes the game enjoyable

the game is realistic on a fun level, i mean theres no way to make the game fun if it was 100% real..keep in mind in real life non of you guiys would be hitting jumps at that speed or trying to enter turns with the same speed....if you slow down and think, it works out just like real life

my only complaint is im kicking *** on pro by 10-15 seconds, so one more difficulty level would of been nice, ill buiy the next game for sure if they stay on this level realism, which i think they will since the reviews have all been excellent

MX300ex
12-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by SRH
thats stewart and rc lol, u can make contact in the game and not fall off...and oh btw....do this...grab a hay bale, go get a 450 and hit it about 35 mph and see what happens

you can barley touch another person before you get sent into a 360. its not realistic at all.

oh you mean like lift front end and go over it?

standardryder
12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
first atv off road fury for ps2, best game ever.

Ruby Soho
12-05-2009, 08:37 AM
whats available as far as mods, bikes and what not? are we still using made up names and annoying sounding exhausts?

TWISTED DINLI
12-05-2009, 09:19 AM
i love the game. its awesome. best one ever imo. and yea i dont like how if u barely touch a hay bail u wreck.. ive hit them in real life plenty of times and just go over lol but overall the game is awesome. the tracks are really realistic imo.

and a thing i really liked was there is no crazy "boost" or anything like there was in untamed. everyone is equal in this game. it took me some getting used to the controls but i got it mastered now.

SRH
12-05-2009, 05:17 PM
you can barley touch another person before you get sent into a 360. its not realistic at all.

oh you mean like lift front end and go over it?

lol yeah , lift the front of the bike up about 3rd tapped on a 450 and go right over the hay bale, or clip it with the peg, whatever you desire

ive hit in the air on there and not crashed, i guess your just not expirienced enough;)

btw..ive made contact in the air on a quad.. its never pretty, same with bikes

the only thing thats a bit unrealistice is the flipping cartwheeling but i think thats done up a bit to try to make it more entertaining

Warnerade
12-05-2009, 06:47 PM
its like forza for dirtbikes...

400ex28
12-05-2009, 07:32 PM
awesome game

outacontrol
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
bought it tonite, played for an hour, and so far i dont like it.. only cool thing i saw was the whips and scrubs you can do. i tried the quad once, and went right back to the bike.. i think ill stick with untamed when i have an itch to race...

MX300ex
12-06-2009, 07:43 AM
and ive hit people in the air to nothing happen but brush off.

zyoung04
12-13-2009, 12:47 PM
i hated it at first i like it now the only thing i hate is when u get online n ppl gripe about when u get a quad they try wrecking u or start talking crap about quads or when u wreck sometimes it bounces u out in the track then they start cussing u for something u cant help

shaungray89
12-13-2009, 01:40 PM
ya game is great when u get used 2 it but to many a holes hatinh on quads wish more people would race em lol

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Luvin it so far!

blacknblue#2
12-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by zyoung04
i hated it at first i like it now the only thing i hate is when u get online n ppl gripe about when u get a quad they try wrecking u or start talking crap about quads or when u wreck sometimes it bounces u out in the track then they start cussing u for something u cant help

SAC.........whenever deeekhead gets back from tennessee we all need to get together and play this. i havent got to play it yet. Big-Guy mechanics liked it so much he went and bought it he said

Ruby Soho
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
i finally picked it up.. i love it.

i don't ride the quads, never liked em in any of the video games.

bikes are extremely realistic.. you can touch who ever and won't fall. although it's like it was in untamed where all the computers are basically out to get you lol

TrapZ400
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I like it! Its a lot more challenging than the other games. You actually have to slow down and brake going into corners unlike unleashed were you can keep it pinned the whole time with out touching the brakes once. I like how the track changes throughout the race. I like the challenge that it brings. Its almost like riding in real life.

QuadJunkies
12-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho

bikes are extremely realistic..

For sure! I was shocked just how realistic they were.

KXRida
12-13-2009, 07:25 PM
game is very realistic as far as bikes. My only problem is the Kamikaze racers. The red honda #73 I believe and KTM with yellow wheels I think were made just to F*ck you up in the game. It seems like anytime you are relatively close to them they turn into you, cross lines, or high side you. Other than that I love the game. By far the best game made.

reconmaster
12-13-2009, 07:41 PM
can you get it for WII?

Ruby Soho
12-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
game is very realistic as far as bikes. My only problem is the Kamikaze racers. The red honda #73 I believe and KTM with yellow wheels I think were made just to F*ck you up in the game. It seems like anytime you are relatively close to them they turn into you, cross lines, or high side you. Other than that I love the game. By far the best game made.

i feel ya, if you don't get in front of the pack right away your going to need some luck fighting your way through lol. your almost like a magnet to them

SRH
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
can you get it for WII?

not sure been, but ud lose alot of realism thru the controls on the wii

TrapZ400
12-13-2009, 08:43 PM
no they dont make it for the wii

reconmaster
12-13-2009, 08:52 PM
ok gfs grandma is buyin her a wii fit and well i figured i need to get my mx fix over the winter outside of videos haha

rbgnwa45
12-13-2009, 11:07 PM
This game isn't anywhere near Forza. If I was lead designer I could of made it the best MX game of all time, with plenty of replay value. These games are getting better & worse. When they start playing with ultra-realism it's going to be like GT4 vs. Forza.

I havn't played it, I've played all the racing games and I have untamed. Untamed is good but is still unrealistic, you can't go 160km/h down a hill and then turn sharp. Why the dual stick control? Shouldn't the left stick control the left/right steering and the front/back of the rider? How does that work? Why isn't there a track editor? Even motocross madness 1 had a track editor, I used to download packs of tracks that looked like different planets. You could download 500cc, 750cc, 1000cc, 1500cc, and 10000cc engines too. You could literally tap the button quickly and the bike would be across the map. 500cc got to 100mph in like 7 seconds and the 1500cc would get to 50mph with a fast tap, it was way more fun. How fast does it take for the track to change? Can you sit there and do a burnout and watch roost fly? They should have made it so that at the start of a season the tracks are fresh and at the end they're brutal. There should also be a fresh track button. It's not realistic if it's automatic too. I want a clutch and gears. If you don't clutch it should break it, and you should be able to ride with no clutch too. Maybe after a few races it'll completely fry it, and you have to pay for a new one + all the other parts. You could get blown tires too. It's nothing like Forza. If there is hillclimbing than why aren't there 1500cc engines with nitrous with extended swingarms? If it was realistic there would be a 700cc 2-stroke and a 650cc 4-stroke with different power curves, just like Forza. There should be interchangeable parts with dyno's just like Forza. Why isn't there a turbo atleast? Many people put turbos on quads and bikes. I've never liked the atv's in these games for one simple reason, they don't slide. Even bikes slide. Have you ever seen RC or someone fast take a swooping corner? The rear tire slides out a bit. Do they even put their feet out on the bikes? Can you stand up without making the front suspension compress? In real life on gravel you can slide a quad at like 3mph with a tiny bit of throttle. If they don't slide what's the point, it'll only tip over. Untamed is getting boring because there isn't a huge engine unlock and there are huge jumps in a lot of maps that you just can't get to. They need those features, a MASSIVE track editor (even an editor for the track editor), a make-your-own engine class from 50cc to 2000cc that can have turbo and nitrous (I've seen hillclimber bike engines that are 1500cc with nitrous and turbo), whatever-length adjustable swingarms and tire sizes, and a really good online uploadable/downloadable track database. Do the bikes wheelie under power? Is there even a powerband? Tachometer? Even motogp uses seperate brakes. Until then it's just recycled ideas.

What I want from untamed is on Del Sol, there is that massive sand bowl with the FMX jumps, you should be able to place an FMX ramp at the top of the bowl and you should be able to hit it at full speed, so it ejects you nearly straight into the air, and you land in the bowl (it needs to be long and steep obviously), it'll be like a 20 second drop, hit another jump and it takes you back to the top of the bowl (going 200km/h), hell you should even be able to jump the bowl with a huge engine. Even massive drop offs would be cool in SX, jumps that require 160km/h etc. On Pine Lakes there is a jump I found on the mountain with the parking lot that is really hard to land but it gave me butterflies. 450's should wheelie under power. I'm surprized you can't do 180s on the ground, it's the easiest way to turn a bike or quad around and they forgot that?

250xridamatt
12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
You should send that whole post to the game developers. I'm sure they would love the input. haha

rbgnwa45
12-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Oh I whill. Here's the jist of it.

Hey Rainbow, I wanted to share my opinion on what the next MX game could be, I'd like to be the lead designer (or, like, idea-guy) even. I'm not saying I don't like these games but the replay value is weak and could be easily made into a 4-year cashcow with a track editor, modifyable parts with custom engine sizes, ultimate realism & physics, everything is there, there would be no improvements needed for a long time and it would be the best selling MX game ever and it'll keep us happy. This is going to sound like a hell of a lot but it'd be an insane game. If MX games don't reach this level it will be a huge let down when games like Forza 3 are getting intense with the realism and online play, it'd be like seeing the 2010 450's only get "bold new graphics!". This is definetly aimed at the skilled and serious off-road rider and game player combo. I've rented and bought all of the BMX games (I'm king at Matt Hoffman Pro BMX 2 for PS2, it's great, traded it for a Luda CD though), Offroad Fury, Motocross Madness, and MX vs. ATV titles. I own & play Untamed every couple days but it gets really boring. If you sold new maps, a track editor, and custom engine packs (or just a thing that lets you change the CC from 50 to 10000 etc) online I'd buy them and my 360 isn't even online. I want replay value, realism, and the ability to pretty much modify anything, including modifying a track editor itself. I want to be able to go online and upload a track I made and download bike graphics that others have made and vice versa. It could have been the best racing game of all time. It could have been like Forza 3 with dirtbikes only better because it's too badass. I havn't played Reflex yet, I'm poor. I was surprized there was a new MX vs ATV game so soon, I was just hoping it wouldn't be so unrealistic like 'Pure'. Pure was ****, it's for toddlers. The best features of any MX game is from Microsofts' motocross madness series, because of the track editor. I used to download track packs for MCM1 that looked like alien planets with jumps that were mountaneous and modifyed engines from 500cc to 1500cc that'd fling you from one side of the map to the other if you held the throttle for 2 seconds and hit a small jump. That was fun. If I didn't do that I'd of quit playing it after a month but I played it for a few years, I even broke my disc and bought another copy for $10. To be honest I want someone to combine Modern Warfare 2, Forza 3, and GTA4 into the biggest online turf war that is the end all be all of gaming. It'd be a cashcow, but anyways, for the next MX game I want total customization, turbo's, nitrous, kickstarts, clutching, hillclimb, drag racing, manual-only transmission, nighttime riding where you literally can't see without the headlight, woods riding, x10+ bigger maps, production engine classes from (real production) 50 minibikes and ktm 2-stroke, 85, (kx) 100, 125 (2 & 4 stroke), (crf)150, (kdx) 200, (crf) 230, 250, (ktm/kawie) 300, (XR) 350, 380 2-stroke, 400, 450, 500 2-stroke, 525 4-stroke, (XR/2-stroke, aprillia?) 600, (XR/enduro) 650, 700cc 2-stroke, and I think KTM has a 950cc twin enduro that looks real mean. I'm pretty sure the largest dirtbike engine is a 700cc 2-stroke and maybe BMW has some kind of crazy 1000cc 4-stroke enduro. After that kind of realism, you should be able to get fully custom and just type in what CC you want your engine and in a race it's classed as custom, with limiting only done because the engine literally and theorhetically wouldn't fit in the chassis. I'd say 2000cc 4-stroke is a good limit, with turbo & nitrous available to ANY engine or CC. At hillclimb events there are turbo'd 1500cc Harley Davidson powered dirtbikes on nitrous with serious chassis work and spikes coming out of the huge rear tire, the swingarm is almost as long as I am tall. A lot of the fun in picking the engine class and real-like model has to do with the "that's what I ride!" factor. Everything needs to be customizable and have precise calculated conditioning. A 250cc 2-stroke and a 450cc 4-stroke have GOT to wheelie under power, especially on pavement, you should have to let off the throttle all the time. It should stabilize with a longer swingarm, and the longer your swingarm, the more you get hung up (causing you to get off, find a shovel, more on that later), even very high powered engines with swingarms should wheelie. It'd be cool to have something so powerful that you need a +12" swingarm to control it's power, and you have to wheelie it over things all the time to not get hungup, it'll add to the fun. Some things should break in half after a crash, it happends. Swingarm length (in inches with decimals), ride height, suspension slow & high speed compression and rebound front & rear, engine size, parts weight should be viewable and totalled, transmission ratios, sprocket ratios, handlebar length (many people cut em), seat pad height, a fuel meter and the need to refill at a gas station (it's fun), bigger gas tanks up to the largest the current aftermarket allows for whichever real-life model and customizable tanks for custom engine sizes, tire sizes in # x # x # inches with different compounds, you should be able to run spiked tires or even street bike tires, and as it gets bigger the swingarm must be bigger so a spacing ratio would be needed for that. You should be able to use different octanes of fuel, and also have alcohol & methanol only engines that use fuel quicker but have lots of power, they're all over the dunes. You should have to check your oil and rad levels and every mod and part should cost money, something realistic. An engine loses a lot of power from unclean filters, oil, fuel, and there should be different gas stations in the maps with different octanes and oils. Changeable carbs and jetting too, so the sea level would be needed, and viewable dyno's, the power curve, horsepower, torque, everything changing with engine parts and liquids. A race bike is designed to be rebuilt every race and the engines are expensive as hell. It would be nice to not be able to race because my bike is either not as hopped up as a pro bike or I just can't afford the next race because my piston is fried. Change the piston & rings, valve springs on 4-strokes, engine timing, crank durability vs. weight, literally everything should have wear & tear, but how do you measure that? You measure realistically. If you're hard on the gas 100% of the time than 3 races could fry your engine if it's at race-spec, but if you casually ride at low-medium throttle on a near-stock engine than usually it's 1 year before needing the piston & rings changed in real life, so make it after 365 hours, with the game measureing the amount of time spent between 0-100% throttle across 365 hours. I remember motoGP having seperate brakes and I want that too. You can't just shift your weight backwards, hit the front brake, and expect a quick stop. You're going over the bars period unless you have a sensitive control over brake, which would need either trigger or joystick control. Tapping either brake can make you slide out too, if you turn left and lock the rear brake than you're going to eventually slide with the tire going right. Tire wear should be evident, you can't just lock up a tire all the time without wear, I want to be conscious that I'm driving a real-life vehicle that demands respect. Ever seen Carmichael go around a swooping turn? He sticks his leg out and the rear tire slides out a bit like he's on a circular dirt track race, my very old dirtbike even does it under power. I don't think I've seen a leg out in the turns since MCM2, they do it almost everytime. The quads in all of the games don't even slide. What's the point of driving a quad if it can't slide? It'd roll over everytime you went to turn (even at 15mph) if you did that. I can slide a sport quad going 3mph with a blip of the throttle, I can do 180's on a dime. The easiest way to turn a bike around is to lean it over and do a 180. I can't do that in any of these games and it's stupid. If you're not moving you should be able to do this. You should have to use a clutch with the gears and to start moving, there should be a neutral too. If you're target market is for playability than forget it, this isn't for morons and I don't want toddlers screaming into the mic and crashing into me when I'm online (I'll get to that). There are absolutly no automatic transmissions in offroad anything, maybe trophy trucks but those are dumb anyways, if you want a trophy truck than make a game for it, otherwise it's a waste of space, nobody buys these for the trophy truck or the buggies, admit it. You should be able to get off the bike and lay it down on a jump face (and i do mean slowly lets the bike down and lets go, not warp through space time from on the bike to standing), grab a shovel, and fix the face of a jump or modify a bunch of stuff, the shovel being a quickfix, why load an entire editor when you just want to land something because you were short 2 feet, or don't want to be bucked off etc. You should be able to park in a garage, get off the bike, hit a "work on" button, the dyno being easily viewable, a laptop beside you or something. I don't want ANY screens or loading crap. As soon as the game loads, you should be in a garage with normal clothing. Change your clothing and whatnot, get on a bike (with like, unlimited space - I could put 50 bikes in a 20 x 20 room), and it not be started, you can roll around with your feet though. You should see the rider pull out the kickstarter after pressing select+A, or maybe just hold select (it is the camera button right?). Make the kickstart button also be the kill switch, you've got to either stall the bike or hit the killswitch to get off the bike. You should be able to get off a bike that is in gear and watch it either stall or fly away. You should see the frustration of kicking over a 500cc 2-stroke (like he raises himself higher to really mash on the starter and his body goes a little left & right more), and the faster recoil. I can start a 125cc engine with my pinky finger, the rider shouldn't move much with this. You should have to find neutral or pull the clutch and kickstart it, it starting (or not) within 1-4 kicks, based on the engine wear & tear. Engines need to warm up, give it 1-2 minutes or else the wear & tear goes up for a sustained amount of time until it is warm (think scorned pistons), if you aren't in a warm climate already.

rbgnwa45
12-14-2009, 06:31 AM
If you try to kick the bike over while it's in gear than it should run away from you and fall over, maybe you get lucky, maybe you knew you were doing that, the rider position should determine that (pointed foreward, you'd stay on the bike, but maybe not a high powered engine). They should all have different stall speeds that are in ratio to the gear ratios and lugging ability (4-strokes generally have more). I'm sure the new racing bikes are top notch now, but for a lot of models it takes a bit longer to start a 4-stroke if it's hot or cold, it needs to be noticed, and it will be very appreciated, it spells quality, like if they noticed that, what didn't they notice? I don't think I've ever seen an MX game with 2-stroke and 4-stroke power curves either. MCM1 had 3 power curves to chose from which was cool. All of this goes for quads too. Wind should even be a factor, it can drastically change your course when airborn. There should be inner-city riding, with it being huge, with cops and tickets and possible impoundations if the speed limits were broken. Maybe even an enduro-kits for all the bikes that make it a bit heavier. Maybe weighty enduro's with like 1000cc engines that aren't so great in the dirt but are decent for baja. You should be able to sink and get stuck and any bike, they are all rototillers. It should be setup that if you pin the throttle and snap the clutch from a standstill on either mud, pavement, sand, all the terrains, the tire spins and eventually smokes (even on dirt) and gets buried to the swingarm, way more so in sand. You should need sand tires in sand and vice versa. Sand robs a lot of power and it should be noticed big time, I don't think a 125 engine will last long in the dunes. This might be pushing it but dirtbikes and quads can now be converted into snowmobiles. If you could make a track-ski conversion and maps with snow that is both packed and powdery, it'd be a whole different experience. I want to carve lines and have them NOT dissappear, it being a constant track editor. Bring in the 1500cc quadruple cylinder racing snowmobiles too. I'd rather have snowmobiles than trophy trucks and monster trucks etc. There should be a tachometer on everything (obviously if it's all manual tranny except snowmobile but even then). Smaller engines generally rev higher, include it like Forza did. What forza didn't do is allow aftermarket rev boxes for extra rpm's (vs. reliability). You should be able to go through woods and it be so big you get lost. You should have to buy the GPS to find your way around if you're going to do that. When carving hills on a snowmobile, lots and lots of snow and fresh powder should be flying around and you should sink all the time, especially if you stop and it's heavy. Include a track editor that is so immerse that I can change any direction and angle, I want to be able to make shrubs that look like Edward Scissorhands, and put an FMX ramp anywhere on a map that are put in by chopper. Custom sizes for FMX ramps too, custom width, everything, colors and stickers. You could even make wooden ones that are shady, like after so many lbs of pressure is put on it, it cracks and the person that hit it in a race is screwed, even how broken the wooden ramp is to start with should be changable. I'd like to make a track where if you hit the wrong jump, you're screwed. It would be hilarious to see someone try to shave off a couple seconds only to be out of a race with damage, and I designed it. It adds to the "I'll bet you can't beat me on this track I made" factor. I'd like to start out in a garage connected to a house, and I'd like to be able to take the snowmobile in it for a scoot across grass or sand without it turning very well. Maybe there's a volcano mountain that's so high there is snow for a large portion at the top, with a national type track around it. The online play would be massive. Imagine it like a picture from Glamis, there's so many people that they all look like dots from far away. Riding in sand should require more filter cleaning (should be done every ride). Now, this will all require a new phyics engine that is perfect to a T, incorporates things like wind and air quality per riding area, understandable jetting based on sea level and engine performance etc (unless it has EFI. You could cheap out like that lol). You don't need a storyline or maps. It would be cheaper in design to let the players design the tracks and maps, it could be so limitless. I'd like to ride around the dunes, get lost, find a whole bunch of people (online) by a hillclimb, and giv'r, going back to the garage for gas and stuff every 2 or so hours. The camera should be setup so that it's always centered behind the rider with the distance being in feet (like, right behind the riders head to 20 feet out). I never liked having the camera to the side of the bike, it's pointless when racing, if for a pleasing view it'd be cooler if while in the air a button could be pressed that makes the camera jump to a customizable location between the lip of the jump and the pre-decided point of landing (make it slow-mo if it takes time to figure that out), allowing you to change how high off the ground the camera is and the option to have it zoom in & out automatically from takeoff (zoomed in, clearing the gap zoomed out, landing zoomed in). It'd be a bonus to be able to record and edit videos up to 10 minutes long, being able to freeze it, change the camera, record, and show it to people either online or by some way, youtube. I don't know why but in Untamed when you do a big whip you fall off. There's a lot of people putting their bikes flat then they swing the rear tire overhead so the bike is nearly pointing entirely downwards, they don't fall off. Tires should have measured pressure, and they should blow if you ride over sharp stuff or land a jump without a proper landing angle, look what happends for real, the rims get folded in half, you should still be able to ride with flat tires too, just it's real squirly. Start the gamer off with a really, really cheap dirtbike, like a 96' CR 125 that needs parts. Beat some local races or others on 90's era 125's, then you get a new stocker (2010) or a used one with aftermarket parts, that needs repairs too, in the trader that you buy at the gas station. It'd be cool to have a completely schitzo race bike and a play bike. Maybe you crash a lot and can only afford an XR400 for woods riding which requires slow crawling and gas mileage. You could of turned this game into Forza 3 with dirtbikes. The bike graphics should be custom too. We could trade them and buy/sell all bikes, parts, houses & garage spawns. Look at it this way... if you win an SX championship ($100,000+) you could buy a house far away from where you were so terrain and other places are easier to get to. For some reason the sounds are always the same. I never liked hearing automatic transmissions shift into 33rd gear on a straight, why do they always sputter when I'm just keeping steady on the gas? There are never different sound levels (in Untamed there are like 3 sounds per 10,000 rpm?). You could have recorded one dirtbike rev and have it go higher or lower per the speed you're at, with it pinging at it's top speed like it's about to blow up, the rate of the sound should be in relation to it's powerband, exhaust and engine characteristics. Engines kept at full throttle should blow up, the racier, the more easier. You can keep some 4-strokes wide open (like XRs) without damage. The sounds should be like Forza, constant. I should know what RPM and gear I'm in by listening to the engine, you shouldn't have to look at the tacometer or speedometer, which should be add-ons too. Nobody buys an offroad toy that has a tach stock. Can you just imagine taking a really heavy turbo'd 1500cc dirtbike with nitrous off a 30 foot tall FMX ramp at 200ish mph at the top of a huge mountain facing a 500 foot drop and you land it? Stuff like that. The races should be totally controlled by engine class and mods. Maybe you want to keep out a certain size tire or spikes from a hillclimb or have a 567cc engine only class in the woods, or turbo'd 125cc vs. 250cc with limited nitrous. It'd be cool to download someones map that was woods into open field into mountain into snow into sand into woods terrain. I'm sure you'd need like 10 satellites to sustain all these players on one map, but whatever. These ideas are dope. I don't know how brand licencing works but the bikes look exactly like the real thing so it doesn't really matter too much. If not this game, can you make me a map editor and custom engine sizes for Untamed that's uploaded by disc and saved to the HD?

Is there something I missed?

300ex_#387
12-14-2009, 07:00 AM
You need to get laid.

Exrider434
12-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
You need to get laid.

seriously, although there aqre some pretty sweet ideas in that post, but my guess is that we will never get anything like that.

quad59
12-14-2009, 08:03 AM
I just got the game and the ps3 last week. So far I like it, its great when you get a rythym but sucks when you are off your game. As some one else said I dont want to do the waypoint series or gay freestyle to unlock MX or SX tracks. Does anybody have a code to unklock everything? My online name thing is ccb59 so maybe I'll see you at the track. Would love to play somebody online tonight around 7, I have never tried it. Its good game but when bumping it is alittle touchy but I still think its the best MX game I have ever played.

rbgnwa45
12-14-2009, 01:31 PM
You need to get laid.

I need to take your mother out for a nice dinner then never call her :eek2:.

SRH
12-14-2009, 01:53 PM
bal bla bla i dont want a game i gotta stop racing and make the rider go to the bathroom to take a ****

the gameplay is awesome, i wish there was more difficulty from the ai

drop the way point all the other vehicles and just have the bikes

have 20 mx tracks 20 sx tracks

4 freeride environments with houses,practice backyard mx tracks cars, etc - ny,fla, cali, washington

career mode with

5 local mx 5 ax

15 national mx 15 national sx

rider starts out on old bike in a freeride area...of the riders choice with regular clothes and a 80s mx bike, impresses someone they challenge on the backyard track get s a ride to run the local mx series whereyou progress from nov to expert, then to ax then to outdoor nationals then to sx, races are the same duration as real life

storylines with riders , teams etc just like atvorf4

keep the mx vs atv reflex gameplay, adjust the ai alittle bit and give us this game!!

oh and release tracks online we can buy for qa few bucks , as well as bike skins riders etc...im sure you could market something, the ghame play is awesome its the lack of tracks that will kill the replay

300ex_#387
12-14-2009, 04:35 PM
seriously, although there aqre some pretty sweet ideas in that post, but my guess is that we will never get anything like that.

You actually read that?

400ex28
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
You actually read that?

Haha, I was wondering the same.

MX300ex
12-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by SRH
bal bla bla i dont want a game i gotta stop racing and make the rider go to the bathroom to take a ****

the gameplay is awesome, i wish there was more difficulty from the ai

drop the way point all the other vehicles and just have the bikes

have 20 mx tracks 20 sx tracks

4 freeride environments with houses,practice backyard mx tracks cars, etc - ny,fla, cali, washington

career mode with

5 local mx 5 ax

15 national mx 15 national sx

rider starts out on old bike in a freeride area...of the riders choice with regular clothes and a 80s mx bike, impresses someone they challenge on the backyard track get s a ride to run the local mx series whereyou progress from nov to expert, then to ax then to outdoor nationals then to sx, races are the same duration as real life

storylines with riders , teams etc just like atvorf4

keep the mx vs atv reflex gameplay, adjust the ai alittle bit and give us this game!!

oh and release tracks online we can buy for qa few bucks , as well as bike skins riders etc...im sure you could market something, the ghame play is awesome its the lack of tracks that will kill the replay

deff think thats a great idea. only thing i disagree with is the hole online thing cause alot of people like myself dont do the online playing. but thats just me.

yamaha250f
12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Maybe the name REFLEX should have been a clue that it was gonna be a lil tough. Ohh well to each his own for everyone else theres cheat codes.

SRH
12-14-2009, 08:14 PM
deff think thats a great idea. only thing i disagree with is the hole online thing cause alot of people like myself dont do the online playing. but thats just me.

well that would just be to dl new tracks user created or rainbow created

buck440
12-15-2009, 02:54 PM
plaid it for the first time...played it for the last time:rolleyes:

Ruby Soho
12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
ive been playin it for about a week now, and im fast as hell.. quads i still havent messed with but on bikes you really get your rhythm going its awesome!

zyoung04
12-15-2009, 06:16 PM
been hearing from the guys online that there will downloadable (if thats a word lol) stuff for the game in a few weeks.....there is yamaha banners everywhere in the game maybe we will see a yfzr and the new yzf

SRH
12-15-2009, 10:41 PM
ive noticed the majority of the guys i know that dont like it dont ride dirtbikes or cant ride them good enough to notice how realistic they handle in the game, the quads...well they handle too much like quads in real life:p as much as i enjoy riding them in real life, dirtbikes are more fun in the game ..with that danger factor removed:p

it would kick *** if they came up with some downloadable tracks and what not, id def buy them

j_cyrus3
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
anyone wanna play online right now? im bored. ps3, jcyrus3

Wired
12-24-2009, 01:28 AM
BEST MX GAME EVER!!! so much fun, well worth the money. controls take a bit to get used to but make the game that much more fun when you figure it out. tried to get online though all night and it kept telling me the server was down. they doing updates or maintenance to it? or am i the only one having problems. xbox 360

TrapZ400
12-24-2009, 02:19 AM
I got the game a couple days ago and its awesome! Ive been using the quads a lot and they are harder to control than the bikes but that makes it fun. Once I got used to them I was able to beat the the mx lites on All-Time. I have read that a lot of people where complaining about the quads but I dont think they are bad at all.

Freestyle is so sick too! Its a lot more challenging than the previous games. Its more realistic how they judge you on different things.

jerkyboy
12-24-2009, 07:07 AM
I really like the game. The only thing I don't like is how all the other riders land on you drill you from behind or t-bone you in the corners. But with that said its still a awsome game.

motofreak2772
12-24-2009, 10:21 AM
quads are slower than the bikes and they have no traction
the tuffblocks weigh 1000 lbs
there is really only like 3 outdoor tracks all they did was change the scenery and change the jumps a little.
online play is stupid
customization sucks
I can go on forever lol

Gameplay is awesome though. If you took the deformation and rider reflex and put it in untamed it would be the best game ever plus some DLC

LTMFB
12-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Agreed w/everything said above. It is a great gameplay but the quads are MUCH slower than bikes online and that frustrates me.

Also.....are there only the 8 or so quads to modify?

SRH
12-24-2009, 02:50 PM
i just want some more tracks! i wish they had some old 500 2 strokes:p

ive heard rumors of downloadable tracks...any truth???

250x_kyle
12-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i just want some more tracks! i wish they had some old 500 2 strokes:p

ive heard rumors of downloadable tracks...any truth???

that would be sick. first two nights of break from college we played it constantly. love the game.

12-24-2009, 04:04 PM
WHERE ARE THE TWO STROKES!!!

I rented this game yesterday to give it a shot, but there's no 2-stroke bikes?

All the video's online ive seen, have 2-stroke available.

I can't play career because I don't have a memory card or hard drive, but it should be in arcade too.

12-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

I can't play career because I don't have a memory card or hard drive, but it should be in arcade too.

they knew you were going to get pissed off that they didnt add them and needed a good laugh

extremeblastr
12-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

what moron races a two stoke nowadays?

TWISTED DINLI
12-24-2009, 05:43 PM
i love this game. it took some time to get used too but i can tear it up on them now. and the 125's are awesome. but they need to come out with some more tracks to download because im getting sick of the ones they have on it. the sx tracks all seem the same pretty much.

12-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
what moron races a two stoke nowadays?

Me:p

Seriously though, how do I get the 2-stroke bike? The 4-strokes sound annoying in this game.

I'm not pissed off about it, just wondering.

12-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
they knew you were going to get pissed off that they didnt add them and needed a good laugh

How'd you know?:D

Ruby Soho
12-24-2009, 07:58 PM
you have to buy one. dont remember but i think they only give you a 250f to start with

SRH
12-24-2009, 08:32 PM
i like how the 250 2 stroke is in between the 250f and the 450f in power, i use the 2 stroke quite often in the game

Ellingsoc26
12-24-2009, 10:53 PM
I love this game took a while to get it down now iam ripping around this thing not spent alot of time on teh quads they slide sooo easy but if u dont use the body control as much its alot better

400exrider69
12-25-2009, 08:49 PM
i got reflex today and got an xbox 360 first 2 hr's i sucked big time then i got everything down fast once i switched to bikes quads suck won a ton of titles on bikes unlocked a bunch of stuff

IS there any way to mod your bike or qaud or change gear i cant' find it if there is on untamed you could change a bunch of stuff i figued you could on here 2?

LTMFB
12-25-2009, 09:05 PM
When you are in one of the menu's...can't remember which one....on the bottom it will say "garage" and w/the square button. THat is how you change everything, graphics, suspension, etc...

400exrider69
12-25-2009, 09:10 PM
i think there's a diffent under menu on arcade before you ride i'll go see lol it's driving me nuts i wanna change stuff

extremeblastr
12-26-2009, 03:04 AM
you can only buy and customize in your career garage and in free ride you can only use the vehicles you own.

631kfx400
12-26-2009, 07:59 AM
just got the game for christmas yesterday. i love it so far. anyone want to get beat in a race hit me up

gamertag: mlodynia

400exrider69
12-26-2009, 12:36 PM
i found out how to change my stuff i got the game yesterday and at 3 the next day i've got the free style units to do other than that i've beat the whole game lol it's great

SRH
12-26-2009, 05:22 PM
i played online for a bit , it wasnt too challenging to win like i had expirienced before....is there a way to race other difficulties of riders...im on xbox 360

allstock
12-26-2009, 05:33 PM
i like it now that im used to the controls but what kills it for me is the announcer from the superfriends

XCRacer236
12-27-2009, 09:15 AM
this game is freakin AMAZING!

its like having 2 ways to steer. makes things so much more realistic. the graphics still blow though.

motofreak2772
12-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i played online for a bit , it wasnt too challenging to win like i had expirienced before....is there a way to race other difficulties of riders...im on xbox 360
Yeah, race me. Lol jk but seriously just friend request people your speed or faster and just try to join games with them. Add a lot of people so there is always people to ride with.

j_cyrus3
12-28-2009, 04:20 PM
how do I send and invite to people? I only have 3 friends on there, but when they are online i cant figure out how to invite them to play?

honda400ex2003
12-28-2009, 06:06 PM
i like it alot. it takes some practice but once you decide not to ram into everybody on the track you are set. lol. steve

MX MaNiAc 06
12-28-2009, 06:52 PM
The first few minutes i played it i thought it was impossible but im getting used to it. It's pretty badass once you get the controls down.

No mx game has been as good as mx vs atv UNLEASHED tho!

SRH
12-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
The first few minutes i played it i thought it was impossible but im getting used to it. It's pretty badass once you get the controls down.

No mx game has been as good as mx vs atv UNLEASHED tho!

i hated all the mx vs atv

i liked atvorf 1 2 4

and motocross madness 2

and now reflex i wish the freeride environments were a bit more like the ones in motocross madness

MX MaNiAc 06
12-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i hated all the mx vs atv

i liked atvorf 1 2 4

and motocross madness 2

and now reflex i wish the freeride environments were a bit more like the ones in motocross madness

I thought unleashed was a lot better than any of the atv off road fury for ps2

BlaineKaiser450
12-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I think reflex is sweet. It's pretty hard at first but once ya get used to it, its so realistic

rundrave
01-27-2010, 10:22 AM
how do you get more vehicles?

now when I am trying to finish off certain levels, I try to enter the events that I havent raced yet, but I only have dirt bikes and they are not eligible so I cant even do that event.

I know how to get to the garage, and I can buy all the other bikes 125's 250's etc, and how to modify them.

but how do I get trophy trucks, utv's and quads? Its been all dirt bikes so far.

I have won gold on all the races on almost every level, waypoint, supercross omnicross etc etc. I have all golds on the first 2 free modes when you do the targets and flags, but the last free ride I havent got all of the flags and targets in time yet. Thats one of the only things left to finish. If I get all golds there will I get more vehicles?