PDA

View Full Version : Are the dales really going.....

rookiex
01-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Are they going to stop making dales....I really need to know...Its either A moto or a hybrid 450....If the dales are not I might get one...So if anyone knows the truth and its not a rumor....tell me..

Tommy 17
01-18-2003, 02:40 PM
every year in the paper here they close the plant in december and then refurbish it or something and open it back up in feburary...

Ryan
01-18-2003, 03:36 PM
That was just a rumor. Right now they are doing alright so they're not closing, there already working on 2004 models.

roostin_dale
01-18-2003, 04:35 PM
no they are not closing..my suggestion would be a crf450

Derno24
01-19-2003, 07:08 PM
crf 450 ot a chance .....The Dales are the wave of the future

MxDale71
01-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Rumors dude... thats all they are. Do you really think they would be spending all the time and money on new stuff like carbon fiber axles if they were gonna sell out? It's the dirtbikes that are hurting them the most.

As for which to choose... Dale or CRF... thats a tough one. The CRF quads are awesome, but they cost A LOT!!! Or a good one does anyways. If you get a full race CRF, it's gonna cost you around 18K+. A moto is $12,450 MSRP... you could more than likely find someone selling one for cheaper and then still talk them down some.

The CRF may be a little better performance wise, but I think the difference in the two quads is so little that it would come down to rider skill being the main deciding factor. I know rider skill is what matters, but I'm saying, Tim Farr would have a hard time staying anywhere in the top spots on a 400ex, but he could still go out there and win races on a C-dale. The performance of a C-dale is close enough to the CRF that it would be a waist to spend the extra 6-8000 dollars. Neither quad is gonna hold you back. If you really want to spend $20,000, buy a Cannibal and turn it into the trickest Cannondale anyone has seen. I think you could make the Cannondale dominate any CRF or YZF if you spend 20K on it.

Edit: The MX bikes have a different cylinder angle and it bumped the HP up to over 50. They'll use the same motor with different cylinder angle in the 03 Moto's, but I'm not sure if they'll use them in the other quads... might be an incentive for the MX'ers to buy the Moto instead of fixin up a Cannibal or Speed. I think the Moto's were puttin out around 43-44 HP before and now they're supposed to have a 10 HP boost. 53HP is pretty damn good for a factory quad wouldn't you say?

Dale512
01-20-2003, 04:51 AM
Wow, the 03 Moto's are already out. So your telling me the 03 Motos have that much more power? Do you mean the 04 Motos or are they going to change mid-year?

rookiex
01-20-2003, 08:13 AM
I want to find a moto used like a 02 With a gibson front end and pipe. for around 13,500 to 15,000...can you get one around that price rage or a cannible with a gibson front and rear with moto mapping.I would really like that alot.

R-Crazy
01-20-2003, 09:32 AM
snoop around ebay for a while. see what turns up. also go to C-Dale riders and check out the for sale section.

dave

MxDale71
01-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Well, I just talked to someone about that and they're using the new, more powerful motors in ALL of their quads. And yes, they will be in the 03 models.

RookieX - Take a look at www.kandkatv.com and see what they have for sale. I'm pretty sure they're selling a Gibson Cannibal for $10,500. It's got Gibson a-arms, Axis shocks, Lonestar axle, and maybe beadlocks w/ holeshot MX's, but I'm not to sure about that. Just check out the site, I think they actually have more than one Cannondale for sale.

Edit: The guy I was just talking to just told me to tell you that he is selling his 02 Moto for $9,500. It has been raced but he just put in a new motor (the MX dirtbike motor in it) so it also has the more powerful, 50+ HP motor in it. There's nothing wrong with it, but his son races for a dealer and is getting an 03 from them pretty soon. Let me know if your interested and I'll tell him.

James70214
01-20-2003, 01:54 PM
This is not a rumor it is a fact.

If some company does not but cannondale out the motorsports will go bankrupt. There is no official Team Nacs Cannondale anymore either and Nacs is no longer a c-dale dealer.

Guy400
01-20-2003, 01:58 PM
The dissolution of Team Nac's/Cannondale was announced publically weeks ago. Cannondale is working on their 2005 model line right now as we speak. If they're going under they're still spending money on ATV R&D. It's all rumor and speculation until Cannondale announces something publically. Cannondale surely isn't running around telling people they need to get bought by someone or they're going bankrupt.

tyguy
01-22-2003, 10:38 AM
I'D GO WITH THE CRF450 MY FRIEND HAS A SPEED WITH MOTO MAPPING AND HIS BROTHER HAS A CRF AND THE CRF FLAT OUT RIPS,BUT ITS YOUR CHOICE! DO THE RIGHT THING!!!

DirtDiggler
01-22-2003, 11:15 AM
I already have a 400ex and I'm going to buy the Arens rolling frame and swap everything out and sell the old frame and whatever parts I have left. Then I'll by the crf motor and the kit Arens is going to have to mount it and I'll sell the 400ex motor. I'll continue replacing new and selling old and I think between the cost of the Arens stuff being so much cheaper than the competition as well as selling my old EX parts I'll get out of it a lot cheaper the 15k - 20k and I'll never be without a quad to ride.