PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 elite vs arcade

eastside 400
12-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I was looking at getting a Xbox 360 since ive heard alot of complaints about the PS3, anyways i saw that they have an arcade console that is only like 200 bucks compared to the almost 400 dollar elite? does the arcade play all the games normal and everything else, im having a hard time finding the difference

Sjorge450R
12-03-2009, 08:12 PM
same console, just missing the hard drive. If you find a hard drive on ebay, pick it up and then you have a pro...done deal...lol.

extremeblastr
12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
same console, just missing the hard drive. If you find a hard drive on ebay, pick it up and then you have a pro...done deal...lol.

he said elite;) the elite has an ever bigger harddrive then the pro and supposedly a few interior parts the others don't although i have yet to see proof of this and i've been inside a few elites, i would buy an arcade and pick up a refurb hard drive at gamestop

dpizz450
12-03-2009, 09:06 PM
If you can get the arcade, and pick up a used hard drive for under a 100 bucks, you'll come out better. I would just go for the pro, 300 bucks with a 120 (maybe 60?) gb hard drive. The only difference i know of in any of the consoles in the size of the hard drives and packages. (games, controllers,etc.)

eastside 400
12-03-2009, 09:10 PM
the pro isnt made any more from what ive seen

Sjorge450R
12-03-2009, 09:37 PM
pro is gone. Its arcade or Elite. 199 or 299. Difference is the hard drive. When the xbox first came out the elite had the falicon chip to begin with (the current GPU) and the other systems had a cheaper one (which is why they were more prone to problems)

Now they all have the falicon so the only difference is the casing and the hard drive.

derekhonda
12-03-2009, 10:03 PM
call me stupid, but what do you guys store on your harddrives? Does it hold movies like the other ps3 or do you need the hard drive to store saved games?

Chino
12-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
call me stupid, but what do you guys store on your harddrives? Does it hold movies like the other ps3 or do you need the hard drive to store saved games?

all profiles, updates, demos, downloads (music, movies, games), you should be fine with the 60GB hard drive. You do not want the arcade version unless you are not playing on-line.

12-04-2009, 01:58 PM
< has very 1st gen XBOX 360 $400 new when bought with 20GB hard drive, sent in 3 times for RLOD very common in 1st gen. I regret buying it when it 1st came out lol. 20GB used to be plenty until they came out with huge demos, movies, games, shows, and games saves that are now a lot. Basically I dont have enough room lol

Haulinbass
12-04-2009, 09:01 PM
you can install the whole game to the HD, they load quicker and you dont have to hear the drive spinning all the time. FYI you can hook up a 200gb PC harddrive to a 360, you can also flash the dvd drive you hooking it up to your pc but dont expect to play on live after you do.

JForestZ34
12-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Haulinbass
you can install the whole game to the HD, they load quicker and you dont have to hear the drive spinning all the time. FYI you can hook up a 200gb PC harddrive to a 360, you can also flash the dvd drive you hooking it up to your pc but dont expect to play on live after you do.

I'd like to know how to hook up a harddrive via usb to my 360.. Everytime I do it doesn't work.. From what I hear now all the 360's come with the jasper CPU and GPU set.. It's supposed to let it run cooler.. My 360 just got the RROD for the second time... I'm thinking of getting one of the newer versions out, I hear they have no problems.. But also I heard the new slimmed down version of the PS3 is SWEET.. No problelms what-so-ever... Plus it's a blue-ray player. I know that 360 has some exclusive games but so does PS3.. I'm not sure which one I want to go with.. I will let you know my decision by tonight. :D

James