PDA

View Full Version : Xc model

jacobw
12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Looking at the xc model thinking of purchasing one wat has to be done to it to make it reliable and ready to race? does in need the ecu reflashed?? Will just have the shocks redone and race it. Wat does everyone think about the shocks they come with compared to aftermarket one???

xrxmxcx
12-03-2009, 07:04 PM
OEM KYB shocks are great, it is just a matter of finding the right people to have them worked out for you. You would be surprised what you can get out of a stock shock with the correct valving and spring rate, and even using stock springs in some cases.

jacobw
12-05-2009, 06:55 AM
wat other updates will it need i have rode cannondales for years and love them they imo are the best still to date had a yamaha yfz with full ars-fx and custom axis and wasnt impressed building a cannondale with lt front suspension hopefully with some motowoz shocks, just looking at another toy spring time maybe.

jacobw
12-05-2009, 07:01 AM
bcs has all these parts for the ds which ones are mandatory upgrades??? My plan is to send shocks to colby c&d racing and then to put motoworks exhuast and then bcs rad guard then eventually get harness update.

comander420
12-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I think you will be quite happy I crossed over from cannondale to the 08 ds x and I love it. The only thing I miss about the cannondale is how hard it liked to be rode in the RPM band.

And it isn't like a cannondale needing a hlaf dozen updates to make it reliable. The 09 may just need to have the clutch updated for about $200 or make the dealer do it before you buy it. It all depends on the serial number whether or not it got the new internal hub, new cover, and extra plate. The 08's had a few other issues like the case cracking similar to the cannondale.

250racer2010
12-07-2009, 06:15 PM
when u buy it and if u race get into the racer program they give u tons of free stuff like gear and a motoworks exhaust and programmer and they give u a kyb shock package for like 400$ i think

comander420
12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Programmer? I'm in it and I didn't get a programmer I got the race ecu, the slip-on, some frame gussets, radiator louver and $1000 parts credit. I also bought the anti vibe stem which the 09xc already has for $75. You don't need the shock package with the XXC. I've already used $500 for the clutch update parts and the service manual.