PDA

View Full Version : cammm.

AtvRider21
01-18-2003, 01:46 PM
I want to get a new drop in cam for better power for pulling, wheeliing , and hill climbing. i dont want to get technical with rockers and stuff so wat cam is the best for like bottom - mid and some top tyhanks.. also how hard are tey to install please reply thanks guys

cheetah
01-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I've never used an aftermarket cam so my opinion probably doesn't count, but everyone says great things about Hot Cams stage 2.

phatswinn
01-18-2003, 02:24 PM
call TC Racing or something they will be able to help ya out with anything ya need probably

RAPTORAZ
01-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
I've never used an aftermarket cam so my opinion probably doesn't count, but everyone says great things about Hot Cams stage 2.

A stage I Hot Cam would be a better idea of you're looking for primarily more bottom and mid. Especially if you're staying with the stock piston.

AtvRider21
01-18-2003, 10:09 PM
whee can i get a stage 1 cam and how much would it increase the power would it be noticable thanks.

01-18-2003, 10:29 PM
TC

wheeltrax
01-18-2003, 10:29 PM
I am also looking into a cam for the future, so this will be good info for me too. Its not that hard to install it. You have to remove the plastic, the gas tank and the rocker cover and there your cam is. biggest thing is to make sure you dont mess up your timing or else you will have problems later with valves hitting the piston and other problems. I dont know how much increase they actually make but its gotta do something..

Todd
01-19-2003, 05:47 PM
i put n a webb cam 236 grind ,1 over drop in size i also had to put in stiffer springs and hard weld rockers. i really couldnt tell that big of a diff. i had planned on hi- comp. piston , head porting and cam but after a little over 300.00 smacks for cam, rockers and springs no more than it helped i bailed on piston and porting. it didnt feel hardly any diff. (seat of the pants feel). **** who knows maybe the piston would bring it to life im just skeerd to spend more money for nothing. oh yeah a shop told me it would make a night an day diff. but its still night and i am waiting for the day.
just my 2 cents
todd

Dave400ex
01-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Call TC he has a Cam you are looking for, and it's a Drop-In.

JOEX
01-19-2003, 09:58 PM
But I do know a few things:)

Changing just ONE component in the motor wont make a huge difference. Everything has to work together...as a system. There needs to be a balance from the intake, compression, bore size, exhaust, timing, etc. .

Sure, you could put a big cam in there but if you don't have the air/fuel flow and exhaust flow to support it you're not going to get the big power gains everyone seems to expect.

Joe