PDA

View Full Version : where can u get hiper rims the cheapest?

800screws
12-03-2009, 10:22 AM
anyone know?

400exrider707
12-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Ebay. You have to email a seller though since they can not advertise their lowest price.

I could never justify the cost of these wheels new, I always just wait for a deal on a used set on here.

800screws
12-03-2009, 01:20 PM
yeah, but i'm pretty picky...i want the better grade non beadlock fronts and dual beadlock rears...

400exrider707
12-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 800screws
yeah, but i'm pretty picky...i want the better grade non beadlock fronts and dual beadlock rears...

That is the EXACT combination I bought off of here. Got all four rims, 10x5 non bead fronts, 8x8 dual bead rears tech 3 rims with holesthot MX tires for $650shipped for all of it...

800screws
12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
wow! are they for sale! lol

400exrider707
12-03-2009, 08:05 PM
wow! are they for sale! lol

Unfortunately they were sold on the quad. The whole bike sold for $4000. LT full built MX bike, with only a handful of races on it :(

250raptor
12-12-2009, 05:22 PM
just got some tech 3 10x5 beadlock red rings front and 9x9 dual beadlock rear for $650 shipped

Trxman300
12-14-2009, 06:42 AM
so whats is it about bead locks that is so specieal.......

is it easyer to take the tire off or something? dpes it perform better???? can some one please explain?????

400exrider707
12-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Trxman300
so whats is it about bead locks that is so specieal.......

is it easyer to take the tire off or something? dpes it perform better???? can some one please explain?????

Makes tire changes a lot easier, especially the dual beadlock wheels. The idea behind a beadlock is that you can lower your tire pressures beyond what you would normally do to gain traction. This will keep the tire attached to the rim, instead of popping off the bead, or worse yet, coming completely off the rim. Might make the difference between finishing the race and getting a DNF.

Another thing to consider is a beadlock rim is usually much stronger.

Personally, for MX I'd use non bead fronts and single bead rears, I think the others are just adding dead weight. I will say we ran the non bead front tech 3's and dual rears though just because of how easy it was to change rear tires.

Trxman300
12-15-2009, 06:14 PM
o alright.

i would like to get a pair but simply dont have the money. i only have two sets of tires right now anyways. i have my mud lights (studded for winter, ice on pond) and i have a set of itp gncc's in the mail. should be in tomorow.

i have never changed my own tires because it is just to frusterating for me. i usuall bring it to the power sports store and have them do it, RIP OFF!@!!!they charge $20 a tires and down at Town Fair Tire, they only charge $3.75 for BOTH TIRES!!!

if i come across a set i for cheap i would love to get them if i have the money...

IRONFLIGHT2
12-30-2009, 07:22 AM
I just sold a set of hipers on here just like you are describing for 575 just for the rims.For 369 dollars on ebay i got a set of champion in a box rims and for 220 i got a complete set of maxxis tires from rocky mountain atv , the hipers are awesome rims but for the price you pay for them new there are so many differtent options out there. for the price you pay just for the rims you can buy two of those champion in a box kits.You can also do what i did spend the extra money you save on the rims and buy yourself a reallY good bead breaker and you would be suprised how fast you change a tire yourself. and besides the hipers look real good work real good BUT!!! THEY ADD WEIGHT.

800screws
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
the hipers are heavier? is that for real?

IRONFLIGHT2
12-30-2009, 04:42 PM
my champion in a box kit actually just got her when i got home the fronts weigh4.4lbs and the rears 3.9lbs on my scale if that helps.i dont have anything against the hipers i actually thought they were awsome rims but i heard from plenty of people that they add weight. the only mistake i made was not weighing my hipers b4 i sold them.if you find out the exact weight of the hipers post it so i will know for sure.

400exrider707
01-05-2010, 11:40 AM
the hipers are heavier? is that for real?

They're almost identical in weight. Dont buy them to save weight though, their main advantage is not bending like an aluminum rim.

A single bead rear is equivialent to a single bead rear aluminum rim. They're close, but you're not gaining anything in the weight department.

This is why a lot of pro's use aluminum rims still (and cause they get paid too...)

But if you notice a lot of the top guys who do use hipers... they'll use non bead fronts and single bead rears, there's no need for the dual bead rears and beaded fronts on an MX course. XC, maybe.