PDA

View Full Version : Seaford/The Landing/Delamarva Motorsports Park....anyone been lately?

Les Davis
12-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey all, has anyone been to The Landing in Easton, MD lately? From there website it looks like they have new owners and they have made some changes to the track as well.

Also, when I went to the old Seaford MX site, it directed me to the Landing/Delmarva Motorsports Park site? Did Seaford close? Anyone have any insight on what the deal is right now?

Thanks!

Delaware152
12-03-2009, 08:06 AM
What used to be The Landing in Easton in now run by who used to run Delmarva Motorsports Park in Easton. It has improved and they are changing more to make it better. What used to be Delmarva Motorsports Park in Seaford is now Middleford Speedway and is being run again by the owner. They are open on Sundays and available for rent during the week. For more information on Seaford I think there website is middleford-speedway.com. There isn't much info about mx except for a contact number with questions. If you are going to either place send me a PM. I live about 20 minutes from both places. Hope this helps a little.

Les Davis
12-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks Delaware152 for the info. If you had to pick which you like better, where would you go? Easton is a little closer for me.

If things work out this weekend, might try to ride at one of the two on Sunday possibly and I will be down at the beach for NYE so I wouldnt mind hitting Seaford on my way back that Sunday. Would love to have someone to ride with.

Thanks
Les

deathman53
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I was at delmarva on saturday, its awesome. I still say that when Landing Mx ran it, When I was there on feb 05, the track was without a doubt truly awesome, it was hard, but not crazy hard. The advanced track(now the intermediate and advanced track combined) was so hard that few rode it. I kinda wish the intermediate track of 05 returned.

Les Davis
12-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks Deathman for the info. I havent been there for about 3 years and the advanced track was nasty! Not a very quad friendly layout. Rode the intermediate all day. Hope to make it down this weekend or next.

UNBROKEN
12-14-2009, 01:42 PM
i wnt to both in august , seaford was not worth the trip i didnt like the triack layout at all i was riding a rmz450 dirtbike at the time , dmp aka landing was a bit wore out when i got there but the new management was just takin over and ive heard it has been getting better and that they were taking in susgetions by the riders to make the track better , also dmp is 35 bucks so its price is competive

chucked
01-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Whats the landing called now?? dmp? looking for some info on it.

Les Davis
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by chucked
Whats the landing called now?? dmp? looking for some info on it.

Looks like its called Delmarva Motorsports Park. Here is the link

www.delmarvamotorsportspark.com

chucked
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Ill probably head down there once my cold goes away. I HATE cold weather.

Les Davis
01-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Same here. Just drove back from the eastern shore this morning but it was tooooo damn cold and windy to ride :( :mad:

chucked
01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I hate this weather, HATE IT!!! I swear I'm moving to Florida when my credit cards are paid off!!

unplayedcard
01-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I live in cambridge so I alternate my practices between seaford and easton. At seaford you know pretty much what to expect and the track is consistantly good. I have a love/ hate relationship with easton. Somedays its perfect... jump faces are perfect, track will have a good fast flow but still be on the technical side like it was when dave owned it. But then the next weekend you'll show up and they've messed it all up... Jumps that arent build up right, jump layouts that just don't make sense or have rhythm. lol, its a roll of the dice when you head there. I really hope that over the winter they come up with a good layout and then leave it alone.

Les Davis
01-05-2010, 07:08 PM
unplayedcard, is Seaford still open for riding? When I go to there web site it directs me to the Easton facility. Any thoughts?

unplayedcard
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
yeah, its still open. kinda got confusing but its back to its old name from a couple years ago. middleford speedway. when the guy who was leasing it last year left, he took the name "delmarvamotorsportspark" with him to easton. So, easton is now "delmarvamotorsportspark" and seaford is now "middlefordspeedway". The name "landing mx" is no more.