PDA

View Full Version : HMF Jetting

laxlife05
12-02-2009, 02:53 PM
So I have an HMF Slip on in the mail, I assume I'll have to rejet.My 300ex is completely stock engine wise, all I have is tires and nerf bars. What jet should I use, do i need to change all of them, and how do I do this?

tpro450r
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
I went through the same thing this spring when I put a HMF slip on on my 450r. if you got the pipe from hmf there should be a booklet in with it that has jetting tips and a chart of what pilot and main jet you should use or start with. dont know if you will need to adjust your needle or not. I'm not famaliar with the 300ex. you can also go on hmf"s site pick your bike and click on the pipe for it then go to bottom of the page and hit jetting recomendations and it will tell you what sizes you need. its not that hard to do, just time consuming. jetting is testing someone once told me on here when I did my bike. 0 to 1/4 throttle is your pilot jet, 1/4 to 3/4 is adjusted by needle and 3/4 to full throttle is your main jet. and if you are putting a pipe on it you will prob have to do something with your air box lid, you will need more air after putting the pipe on and rejetting. I think hmf"s figures for their reccommended jets were all found out with no air lids on the bikes. I got a good uni filter and removed my lid then put a outerwears air box cover on it to keep the dust and water out. its not that bad , just take your time.