PDA

View Full Version : 2010 50cc

Hetrick Racing
12-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Here is the dyno runs stock to modified with all of the new goodies,from DRR.Pipe,CDI,carb.

A dyno used properly is the best tool in the world

Hetrick Racing
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I need to make it clear that modified is Modified not stock

chuck 8A
12-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Hetrick,

Could you explain this graph to us.
1- Did you do a total of 11 runs
2- Were you changing parts in and out
3- Can you show us were we are at when it was stock vs what you have done.

Maybe its me I dont speak dyno langage:confused:

Hetrick Racing
12-03-2009, 05:47 AM
I didn't want to show exactly what I did to achieve these numbers.
Each runfile from the lowest to the Highest I changed something.Try not to look at the graph itself look at the run data.
I might add last year and the year before the National Champion quads were making 6.0 to 6.5 hp.
With excellent riders,of course.
This is a rear wheel dyno

DAVYS DAD
12-03-2009, 08:28 AM
I would say pipe and carb changes or maybe the head or maybe some porting but whatever it is it is a very nice run thanks for posting it.:D

later

kfx450
12-03-2009, 11:32 AM
do you have a stock run of a 09 for comparison. or hp reading

machwon
12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice info Hetrick Racing. I wanted to delete a few runs to view the info better but I understand not wanting to describe each run exactly. Thanks for sharing your results. Reading between the lines here there is a distinct difference between runs 1-3 and 4-11, hint, hint. The dyno can tell, some changes work, some not as well as others. We had a stock DRR50, 09' turn 5.06 and 2.84 ported and head modded went 6.11, 3.47.

Logan #34's Dad
12-04-2009, 02:35 AM
Hello Rich,
Something that has been bothering me with our runs. How much does the CVT play into the runs. For example, if your torque spring is old and weak and to transmission shifts to soon would the engine being pulled down affect to final numbers? Same question for too much variator weight.
Thanks

Hetrick Racing
12-04-2009, 02:01 PM
That is what becomes interesting about a dyno and its runs.

When I run a cvt quad on the drum it has already been tested the old way,seat of the pants.When I get it "race ready" then I dyno it.
So when the spring is bad or the rollers are heavy,the result is usually better (hp)depending on the pipe,example when we run a torque pipe or the older HR pipes when the rollers or spring are a problem the dyno reads way high,sometimes up to 3 hp high..Although it takes forever to get there so what you need to study on a dyno chart is time and speed,dont worry about max hp unless the quad has been tested prior. I posted speed and speed so I didnt give any secrets away but that is what we use to judge performance ,acceleration time and hp in each timed run.

Bens Dad
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Rich just wondering if this is the dyno test on the 50 quad you just built me Jonathan Cushman if so I can tell you right now it is very strong and on the money. Great work guys and Thanks for all of your support.

Hetrick Racing
12-14-2009, 08:18 AM
This is not your quad but is exactly the same build as yours,after we ran yours I thought it was way better than last years quads,so I tested this one to see.

barnesville4
05-04-2010, 09:04 PM
was reading the post and was wondering if the dyno results were on a stock limited setup or for the new 50cvt class