PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have a trailer wrap??

QuadJunkies
12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
We are getting ready to do a trailer wrap (well sorta.. it will be the whole trailer in sections ) and Ive never done it before so I wanted ot get some imput..."

We are doing it in sections rather than one big wrap ,that way each year if a sponsor is added or dropped, its easier to replace just the one panel.

Also, I wanted to incorperate my kids somehow on the trailer, just not sure what??
Shoud I do an action shot?? sillouette head shot? If action, what kind? berm? Log jump ?

I wont have my Sons new ride ready in time for a current photo of his ride, so I think Ill do a log shot we used in an artcile or a rear shot.
We have many contributers to the 2010 season ,not sure how many should go on sides and rear of the trailer? Lots to think about!

Thanks for the input!

gbcap
12-02-2009, 12:22 PM
what i have seen that works well for most is to do a background wrap on the whole trailer and then to individual logos for sponsors.

next season if you change a sponsor you can drop one and pick up another just buy pulling off their logo and putting on the new one.

with the quality vinyl they have these days you shouldn't have any peeling or rolling issues.

fastredrider44
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
If you have any general questions about vinyl or how to do something, let me know. That's my biz. As far as what to put on it, everyone has different ideas about what looks good, but if any actions photos are used, try to have the cleanest gear and cleanest quad as possible.

12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I dont know how many kids you have, but i would leave their bikes out of it. i have seen so many people take a really nice pic of them on there bike they ride then, and than the next year switch brands and still have a old bike on the trailer. If your going to put them on there just take a pic of them standing or sitting in there gear with there helmet in the hands. cause i mean you cant really change kids the next year lol. as for the sponsor change thing, i would wrap the trailer in a solid graphic. and put individual sponsor logos/ team name on over top. save you peeling off whole sections the next year.

jherbie28
12-02-2009, 03:34 PM
if the trailer has a rear ramp door, a rear shoot into the trailer with the kids in there gear looks really cool. the owner of final touch restyling has the same thing on the back of his toy hauler.

motofreak2772
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
not trying to advertise... but this guy does things here locally and he has some sick designs. Maybe you can get some ideas. I like the jeffery rastrelli one he did for the back door.
spikedindustries.com

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Roostar 450
I dont know how many kids you have, but i would leave their bikes out of it. i have seen so many people take a really nice pic of them on there bike they ride then, and than the next year switch brands and still have a old bike on the trailer. If your going to put them on there just take a pic of them standing or sitting in there gear with there helmet in the hands. cause i mean you cant really change kids the next year lol. as for the sponsor change thing, i would wrap the trailer in a solid graphic. and put individual sponsor logos/ team name on over top. save you peeling off whole sections the next year.

Oh.. we wont be changing quads for along time, not after what we have invested! :p
So does the vinyl stick OK doing it that way?

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
If you have any general questions about vinyl or how to do something, let me know. That's my biz. As far as what to put on it, everyone has different ideas about what looks good, but if any actions photos are used, try to have the cleanest gear and cleanest quad as possible.

Cool!
I have never seen a trailer upclose to get any ideas ... anyone have some pics they could show me for some ideas?
Ill throw up a couple photos that I kind of liked. We have a friend who owns a business whos doing the vinyl as a sponsorship for the kids ,so i dont know a thing about the company right off.

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
This one is what I wanted to use of my Daughter maybe in one corner .
http://www.pbase.com/image/111242282/large.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 12:13 AM
or this...
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/111242288.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 12:14 AM
This for my son..
Ths one works out because he has a new race number this year and it doesnt show a number plate.
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/114918590.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Another shot I thought might work...
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/113791430.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Gear shot for Kelsey, but Brandons new gear wont make it in time for any photos so I think Ill leave that off this year . :(

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/104737472.jpg

ZSK
12-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Not to pee in anyone's cherrios, but advertising what is in the trailer is that last thing on my list. After having my enclosed trailer stolen with both quads inside I don't want anyone to know what's inside it.

TTracer#22
12-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey Tina I can send you a pic of what we did and how our Backdoor turned out so you will know wht to expect if you would like.

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 12:09 AM
That would be great -thanks ! Tntkuna@msn.com.

12-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
or this...
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/111242288.jpg

Just my .02 but I would go with this shot as a pic.

133tmf
12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
wow cute and can ride, NICE !!! c that style threw the whoops? good luck this yr !!!!

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 133tmf
wow cute and can ride, NICE !!! c that style threw the whoops? good luck this yr !!!! thanks :)

Les Davis
12-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
Not to pee in anyone's cherrios, but advertising what is in the trailer is that last thing on my list. After having my enclosed trailer stolen with both quads inside I don't want anyone to know what's inside it.

Quad Junkies, not trying to hijack the thread or be a Debbie Downer but I recently had my brand new trailer broken into while it sat in a 24hr "secure" facility with cameras. Had all my tools and gear stolen. I have to agree with ZSK on this one. I got lucky and the bike was left alone and insurance covered my losses.

I don't advertise anything on my trailer now. Not trying to draw any attention to it or advertise what might be inside.

BTW, love the pics of your kids!

Les Davis
Originally posted by ZSK

Quad Junkies, not trying to hijack the thread or be a Debbie Downer but I recently had my brand new trailer broken into while it sat in a 24hr "secure" facility with cameras. Had all my tools and gear stolen. I have to agree with ZSK on this one. I got lucky and the bike was left alone and insurance covered my losses.

I don't advertise anything on my trailer now. Not trying to draw any attention to it or advertise what might be inside.

BTW, love the pics of your kids!

TTracer#22
Tina shoot me ur email addresss and we will email u some pics

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis

BTW, love the pics of your kids! you two bring up very good points. Thank you and I'm glad the loss was covered .

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TTracer#22
Tina shoot me ur email addresss and we will email u some pics tntkuna@msn.com

fastredrider44
12-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey QJ, did my "bumpsteer" post get deleted?:confused: Just wonderin. Trying to help.:cool:

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
We don't have a bumpsteer issue... That was set up by a major suspension guru . If u look her bars are turnd. She is setting up for a corner . She has the same set up team suzuki ran at one time. Lol. This topic wasn't about her set up that's why I removed it . ;)

TTracer#22
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Tina did you get the pics ?I tried to post them but it wouldnt let me.

Ginxd00
12-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Just a FYI if you states law officers are strict.

They are legally able to pull you over and search your trailer. If you have sponsor stickers on the trailer, and have them on the quad, just to check if you are a DOT regulated carrier. If your not DOT than big fines will follow.

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by TTracer#22
Tina did you get the pics ?I tried to post them but it wouldnt let me.
I did -thanks so much! I sent you an email... did you get it yet? I wanted to get info on the photo sizing that was used ?

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Ginxd00
Just a FYI if you states law officers are strict.

They are legally able to pull you over and search your trailer. If you have sponsor stickers on the trailer, and have them on the quad, just to check if you are a DOT regulated carrier. If your not DOT than big fines will follow.

What do u mean DOT? Can you be more specific ?
Im not understanding that completly, but I dont think it refers to our State. I see many trailers on our area, not so sure about other states we travel to the West Coast.
I have a few freinds who are officers Ill ask them.

TTracer#22
12-06-2009, 09:34 PM
We told LMP Photography what we were doing and he sent the picture to us I think its like 300 dpi which is the magazines use

QuadJunkies
12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Super. Then my pics should work. :)

fastredrider44
12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
As far as the bumpsteer, is it a JB stem? J/w. Back on topic. Dot is Dept. of Transportation. Usually they won't bother a someone like a fourwheeler racer, But they can, and they have to power to make your life miserable. I've heard horror stories. They are seperate officers from county, city and state troopers.

Earlier the topic of placing sponsor stickers over a solid wrap was brought up. This is not a bad idea, especially if a laminate is used over the print. The sponsors could even be made out of a different kind of vinyl with better suited adhesive to be removed better later. Replacing a whole panel is not as easy as it sounds and more than likely would not be a perfect match due to color palette changes and UV effecting the print, even ever so slightly. ;)