PDA

View Full Version : PA residents help!!!!

nemo25
12-01-2009, 05:24 PM
So this is the pickle im in. I bought a bike from a dude in pa. He gave me the title and I made a bill of sale just in case but he told me we need to get the title notorized as hes signing it. Is it true that he cant just sign the title over?

KXRida
12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
To get the title transferred you usually have to go to a messenger service to have it signed off. You can kinda "cheat" the system if you want to save money and tell them a lower price on the bike so you don't have to pay as much tax. Most people end up doing this.

feuerstack411
12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I suggest you move out of that state ASAP.

deathman53
12-01-2009, 06:22 PM
you need a notarized bill of sale to make it a legal sale and thats the only way you are gonna re-title it in your name. Unless its a state issued title specific to the person whom you bought it from, the title(MSO) is a worthless piece of paper. If its a state issued title and is issued to the person you bought it from, then and only then can he/she just sign the title. Dmv may want a notarized bill of sale even then.

XXX -rider
12-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by nemo25
So this is the pickle im in. I bought a bike from a dude in pa. He gave me the title and I made a bill of sale just in case but he told me we need to get the title notorized as hes signing it. Is it true that he cant just sign the title over?
this is normally true the way things like cars, bikes, atv's etc are transferred,.. signed in front of the person who is doing the notary work etc..

nemo25
12-01-2009, 06:53 PM
damn in Jersey you just sign a title and part your ways. What if I get the title signed over to me but im from Jersey do i need all the notorized stuff inorder to get a NJ title?

XXX -rider
12-01-2009, 07:20 PM
^ cant help ya there ..never done it ..
heres my guess tho ..technically according pa rules etc it would nt be signed over to you if done like that
but check elsewhere to be sure

lonnie1977
12-01-2009, 07:35 PM
When I retitled a quad in Jersey. Friend sold it to me who also lived in Jersey. We had to have a notorized bill of sale for the NJ DMV to put me as the owner and be able to register it in my name.

yamahaman623
12-02-2009, 06:57 PM
when i got my yfz the notory was closed and the guy i bought it off of signed the title and then i went to a notory later. i am pretty sure how this went but it was a couple years ago so dont quote me.