PDA

View Full Version : How's this?

BlaineKaiser450
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Okay so i have a chance to buy a Factory Can Am for 9 grand in good condition. Right now I have a fully built Honda, but would it be worth it to do the switch?

warr72
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I own both quads and the simple answer is yes. The Can-Am is head and shoulders above what the Honda is and my Honda was fully built too. The Can-Am requires so much less effort to make it go fast and handle the terrain. Time will tell if it has the Honda reliability, but I was willing to take that chance.

Dan_Guetter
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Sage Baker's whip! That thing is sweeeet!

reconmaster
12-05-2009, 05:11 PM
is sagerade racign next year?

12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
fully built honda? built motor? honestly i wouldent go from a "fully built" honda even if the thing was free. but thats just me, ive alwase been a honda fan. love how honda's ride and stuff like that. i sat on a can am at my local dealer and it felt really tall and really skinny and i didnt like how it sat. kinda felt hunched over. but im 6,2 so maybe it was just me..

250racer2010
12-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by warr72
I own both quads and the simple answer is yes. The Can-Am is head and shoulders above what the Honda is and my Honda was fully built too. The Can-Am requires so much less effort to make it go fast and handle the terrain. Time will tell if it has the Honda reliability, but I was willing to take that chance.

like he said iv ridden both and the cam am is ridicously fast when they been worked but i would keep an eye on the frame just keep all the bolts tight

warr72
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Well I'm 6'1" 220 lbs. and I got the 2009 XXC which felt comfortable to me. Now my TRX is wicked fast and will rip the woods apart, but track times don't lie and my Can-Am is dominating the ole Honda. The Can-Am is more agile where the TRX you gotta man handle. Now on the motor end of things the TRX has a hit that is arm ripping, now my TRX is an 08 and the motor is built to say the least. The Can-Am doesn't have that arm ripping punch, but surges hard and revs to the moon. Got some funky stuff coming for the Can-Am to really see what it will do. But my biggest concern is with reliability. So far it eats the Honda up, like it or not I don't care, its the bottom line. I actually own both quads and can compare them, arm chair quarterbacks suck. You don't see my Honda for sale yet do you? ;)

12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
here ya go ill list SOME of the common can am problems.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=416333

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=402030

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=415332

just a few id worry about

HONDAA!!!

warr72
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
You don't even want to start with the Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki and Kawasaki problems. All of them have their problems and delt with many different ones. Like I said, I took a chance and I am fine with my choice and will deal with whatever comes along. In the shed I got an aftermarket 250R frame and worse comes to worse I will slam that Can-Am motor in it. :p

kellymi
12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by warr72
You don't even want to start with the Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki and Kawasaki problems. All of them have their problems and delt with many different ones. Like I said, I took a chance and I am fine with my choice and will deal with whatever comes along. In the shed I got an aftermarket 250R frame and worse comes to worse I will slam that Can-Am motor in it. :p

That would be interesting! What I want is a 250R motor in the Can-Am Frame:devil:

comander420
12-08-2009, 08:56 PM
If you don't own or haven't owned a Can-Am shut your Yapper! I don't care that you own a Honda or sat on a Can-Am at the dealer! Since you don't own one go back to the Honda forums where you belong!

warr72
12-08-2009, 10:53 PM
:eek2: Not gonna hi-jack this thread anymore, but if you wanna nice Can-Am that is one to consider for sure.

12-09-2009, 06:24 PM
nah not trying to be a a** im just saying i sat on one at the dealer and didnt like it. to tall for me. im 6,3 and it felt weird for me. not trying to start a war just saying how i felt about the can am. and some of the major problems with the can ams. they all have there good and bads.

jm812003
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
How about a Can Am with a ktm 525 motor in it. It would be lighter and faster. And the motor would be almost bullet proof. I have a 525 outlaw S and that thing is just fast but the ergos suck on the 08 , but I love the feel of can am. If only the chain wasn't on the wrong side. just my 2 cents

warr72
12-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Wonder how a Polonda motor would do in a Can-Am frame?:ermm:

bomberman
12-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by kellymi
That would be interesting! What I want is a 250R motor in the Can-Am Frame:devil:

Give it a year or 2;)

blaster99
12-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by jm812003
How about a Can Am with a ktm 525 motor in it. It would be lighter and faster. And the motor would be almost bullet proof. I have a 525 outlaw S and that thing is just fast but the ergos suck on the 08 , but I love the feel of can am. If only the chain wasn't on the wrong side. just my 2 cents

I believe the quad was designed around the motor, so making the can-am a hybrid is going to be very very hard.

hondaracer_34
12-13-2009, 09:27 AM
I'd say give it a try, i rode a stock mx version can am and was pretty impressed, woulda bought one but i already had the kawi. Its a nice factory bike.