PDA

View Full Version : a few general ?'s

Honda4life05
12-01-2009, 02:04 PM
hey i'm wondering if it's normal to have the oil light come on for about 2 sec when you first start your motor. doesnt that mean that it's not getting any oil? another is when i add oil, should i be checking the level when it running, or not running? it goes down alot when its running then comes back up when i shut it off. an the last one is where does the neutral light plug in at? mine doesnt have one and i'm thinking about maybe getting one. thanx

fastredrider44
12-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Completely normal for the oil light to come on when you first crank it. The oil is to be checked with the motor off. Usually after an oil change, I'll fill it to the correct level, crank it, let it run for about 30 secs, shut it off, and come back in about 5 min and top it off. Can't tell you about the neutral light. I've never had one on any of my bikes. The dash gets removed first thing if it's not already gone.

Honda4life05
12-01-2009, 02:20 PM
okay thanks for the info. but ya mine's off too, i have an aftermarket hood and flexx bars, there is a hole in the top of the hood for the neutral light and it looks kinda gay without one.

atvnut22
12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
only the 06+ er's have a neutral light

Honda4life05
12-01-2009, 07:48 PM
then thats why i cant find where it connects! thanx

Ruf Racing
12-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
hey i'm wondering if it's normal to have the oil light come on for about 2 sec when you first start your motor. doesnt that mean that it's not getting any oil? another is when i add oil, should i be checking the level when it running, or not running? it goes down alot when its running then comes back up when i shut it off. an the last one is where does the neutral light plug in at? mine doesnt have one and i'm thinking about maybe getting one. thanx

The indicator on the handlebar cover, is a temperture light.
Not a oil light. It is normal, for a few seconds to come on,
during start up.