View Full Version : LCD Tv Wallmount.

Sjorge450R
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Alright. My mom just bought a LCD tv and now we need a wall mount. There is no way that I am paying Bestbuy $200+ dollars when they can be had on ebay for less. My question is. Do the ones that say " Fit any tv 27-60" really fit any tv? Is the mounting procedure similar on all tv's?

I found quite a few flush style mounts on ebay, but I am not sure if they will work. This is the tv she just bought.

Here is the link to best buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+46%22+Class+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+LED-LCD+HDTV/9238835.p?id=1218065985439&skuId=9238835)

would a mount like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-32-60-LCD-Plasma-tv-wall-mount-tilt-flush-A7_W0QQitemZ150371486712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item2302d6cbf8) work?

12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
yes that would work. just make sure you have some beams to catch and ancor it good. I got a cheap mount holding a 46 inch up right now and its fine. It adjust to fit and will come with all the different bolts and washers you will need. That one looks pretty cheaply made though

We buy and sell TONS of lcd tv's and have experience with alot of wall mounts. None have failed yet. But some are much safer and easier then others. That one will stick out a good 2.5 inchs from the wall since its something like i have. We got a ton of vizio slim tilt wall mounts now where going to put up. Got one up so far and its about a inch off the wall. i can get you one for 75 shipped if you want.

Sjorge450R
12-01-2009, 01:51 PM
could you email me pictures? Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

12-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Google that wallmount you showed me, It got some good feed back but people said it was made cheap. for the price you cant go wrong i guess

aptmm wall mount

Ralph
12-01-2009, 02:47 PM
monoprice.com has extremely cheap wall mounts. HDMI cables too.

Mounting is pretty much universal

Sjorge450R
12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
monoprice.com has extremely cheap wall mounts. HDMI cables too.

Mounting is pretty much universal

yeah I was sure about the mounting being universal. I bought a LCD back in July, never got a mount for it because I wasnt sure, but now since my mom finally bit the bullet and upgraded from the 10 year old 27" CRT, she told me I better get a mount for it....lol.

Any advantage going with a dual swivel one if I have no intentions of ever moving the tv once its mounted?

Sjorge450R
12-01-2009, 03:01 PM
also...what are you guys doing about wires? Are you fishing them through the walls? Running a cover over top of them from the device to the tv? Not sure what my parents want to do about that.

derekhonda
12-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
yeah I was sure about the mounting being universal. I bought a LCD back in July, never got a mount for it because I wasnt sure, but now since my mom finally bit the bullet and upgraded from the 10 year old 27" CRT, she told me I better get a mount for it....lol.

Any advantage going with a dual swivel one if I have no intentions of ever moving the tv once its mounted?

The dual swivel allows for a "corner" mount.

derekhonda
12-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Then you can either run wires. (which if it is an exterior/insulated wall, don't even attempt)

derekhonda
12-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Or you can try and track down a cheap electrician and do it the permanent way.

awsomeaussies
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I'll second monoprice.com!! I bought all my tv mounts there. There really nice and there only around 20 bucks for a flat panel mount.

Sjorge450R
12-01-2009, 05:45 PM
well that shelve just solves all of my problems I think...lol Didnt even think about that. As for running it through the wall, i didnt even think about the insulation (it is an exterior wall). Oh well. Guess we will have to deal with the cable wire going up the wall and then I will just put the receiver up on a shelf like that.

derekhonda
12-01-2009, 06:30 PM
It can still be ran through the wall, you'll just need to go buy "fish tape" Its a steel little piece of "rope" (not rope, its metal so it can be pushed down) but it takes a lot of patience anda lot of finess, and probably two people.

Or you can go buy wire hiders at lowes or any hardware store, paint em the color of your wall, you'll probably be the only one that knows they are there.

SRH
12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
they also make conduit if u run them outside the wall for a neater look

i got mine that swivels and tilts from www.tvmountshop.com dont cheap out, there is some real garbage out there for wallmounts

F-16Guy
12-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Here's a mount that's similar to the one I bought for my 50" Samsung Plasma:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10056402

Mine is the same brand and basically the same design. It is good quality and as cheap as you're going to find for a tilting mount.

yellowzo3
12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Like these guys said, make sure your mounting the tv into the studs or reinforce the wall. We reinforced our wall when we hung ours. The tv's are REALLY heavy for something that hangs on a wall like that. From the looks of it all mounting brackets or whatever are pretty much the same. I used a couple different ones at work to hang some flat screens and the one we used at home worked well too.

Try to stand back and pick the height you want ahead of time before doing ANYTHING! Get two people to hold it up or something and take a look from where everyone would be sitting around the room. We hung ours and didn't like the height. It was hung higher than what a tv would be on a stand so it was an acceptable height, but it still looked odd in the room and while watching. Yes, the brackets are adjustable, but try to get it as close as possible without messing around with the mounting too much. They also sell all kinds of stuff to run the wires through the wall... Of course there are the usual outlets and such, but they sell circular grommets and stuff for all the extra wires (for video games, etc...) so check those out.

We ended up having to have a piece of furniture under the tv anyway for the Directv and dvd player and stuff so it didn't look like a million bucks. So if you do it try to go all out and mount EVERYTHING on the wall. Much cleaner look.