PDA

View Full Version : xc race quads?

Proquad277
11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
What is everybody running on their xc race quads? Looks like I may be racing a ds450 next year so I need some help building a full on race machine. Any info or pics would be great.

kellymi
11-30-2009, 09:49 PM
This year I ran a stock 09 DS450 XXC in the B class. The only thing I added to it was a stick stabilizer because I don't have the money for a precision. For this next year I am going to try and get a spring kit on it. That is about all I am planning on changing.

What level are you planning on racing? Are you just starting out in the C class or are you going full blown pro?

Blizzard24
12-01-2009, 05:52 AM
I raced 09 on a DS450 and will be on the same machine again this year.

Get the suspension set up for you either w the stock shocks revalved/resprung or aftermarket.

Beadlocks, belly skid and either BCS Performance Sprocket/Rotor guards or Can Am/Warnert. I would recommend BCS as they have the parts readily available while you may or may not get in touch with Can Am's Race Dept and someone that will sell you product from Warnerts.

Get the ECU either replaced w the Can Am Race ecu if you get their racer support or have your dealer reflash the ecu to raise the temp setting/limp mode. If you get the racer support, use the rad louvers and if you dont get the support, get the louver set from BCS to help w mud and rocks hitting the rad.

Everything else is just personal set up, I added an antivibe and flexx bars along w a host of other parts to set it up how I wanted it... ie: ASV Levers, Honda front master cylinder w new lines.

Oh and a good set of 6 ply tires.

kellymi
12-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Like blizzard said get the BCS rotor and sprocket guard. They are very good products and well worth the money! The stock skid plate is sturdy, but it hangs down way to far. After I switched to the guards I never got stuck at the Ironman this year:)

The radiator guard would probably be a good idea. I am considering getting it even though I got by this year by running screen on the front.

Proquad277
12-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by kellymi
What level are you planning on racing? Are you just starting out in the C class or are you going full blown pro?

I would run pro at any race but the nationals. "A" class national rider. I'm wanting a full race bike. A-arms, shocks, etc etc