PDA

View Full Version : Help with some parts

dave5.0
11-30-2009, 08:51 PM
My son has an 06 viper 90 and the pipe just broke at the head. I've got a Scrambler parts bike sitting in the corner with some gofast stuff on it. Looks like most of it will bolt up. Just wondering if some of you guys or gals could tell me what some of the stuff is by looking at it? It's got a pipe, carb, alum intake, and I've got some Mollosi clutch stuff also. Not sure what kind of clutch is on the Scrambler yet. Is the pipe any good, that kind of stuff. We are just playing in the sand and trail riding. No racing or anything. Thanks for the help.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo32/davemustang50/DSC00438-1.jpg
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo32/davemustang50/DSC00439-1.jpg
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo32/davemustang50/DSC00440-1.jpg
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo32/davemustang50/DSC00442-1.jpg

sand45
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Looks like everything will transfer over.....I cant tell what kinda pipe it is but it should work with a little tweeking on it...

dave5.0
11-30-2009, 10:11 PM
That's cool. I have some individual pics of the clutch parts I didn't post. Do the faces of the clutch wear out? I think this stuff is aluminum? I would think it would have to be changed every once in a while. How can you tell if it's any good or not? Are they just lighter than stock? Any idea what the intake is? The one on the Eton is rubber I think. The carb is different. Looks bigger. Is the tube on the end to straighten air flow or something? Sorry for the 20 questions. New to the minis.

mini racer #39
11-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Looks like a WRH Racing pipe, Keihien PE20 carb, Koso intake, possibly decent reeds...

nastynotchback1
12-01-2009, 11:04 AM
THE PIPE WILL PROBABLY WORK BUT YOU MAY LOSE YOUR BATT BOX AND HAVE TO RELOCATE THE BATT

markvette
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
pipe is a wrh pipe. it will work but battery box has to go, also may have to make a back mount. if the eton has the stock floor boards make sure they have the notch in them for the head pipe to clear.

Mark

dave5.0
12-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Good info guys, thanks. I might look into another pipe then. The Scrambler doesn't have a battery box any more. I just figured they cut it out for weight. Any suggestions for a pipe that will work without cutting up the bike? Just a stock cylinder play bike. Nothing crazy. I assume the carb is 20mm? that doesn't sound too big. Should work ok on this stock cylinder? What's up with the intake? They port them since they are alum? I noticed it has two nipples sticking out of it that have been soldered shut. Thanks for the help.

mini racer #39
12-01-2009, 09:30 PM
try to fit the pipe before looking into a different pipe. that pipe is one of the best on the market.

12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
Looks like a WRH Racing pipe, Keihien PE20 carb, Koso intake, possibly decent reeds...

Thats a CT intake and your right a 20mm keihin carb I know because I know that set up as we sold ours and that one is it Im sure of. Works great for bottom to mid and pulls real hard with it.

nastynotchback1
12-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by dave5.0
Good info guys, thanks. I might look into another pipe then. The Scrambler doesn't have a battery box any more. I just figured they cut it out for weight. Any suggestions for a pipe that will work without cutting up the bike? Just a stock cylinder play bike. Nothing crazy. I assume the carb is 20mm? that doesn't sound too big. Should work ok on this stock cylinder? What's up with the intake? They port them since they are alum? I noticed it has two nipples sticking out of it that have been soldered shut. Thanks for the help.

I HAVE A PIPE THAT WILL WORK WITH THE STOCK BOX.MAY TRADE IT FOR YOUR PIPE IF YOU WANT TO.THANKS TRAI

864-993-6956

dave5.0
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
try to fit the pipe before looking into a different pipe. that pipe is one of the best on the market.

That's what I was looking to hear. Didn't want to go another way if it is a pretty good pipe.

dave5.0
12-02-2009, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastynotchback1
I HAVE A PIPE THAT WILL WORK WITH THE STOCK BOX.MAY TRADE IT FOR YOUR PIPE IF YOU WANT TO.THANKS TRAI

864-993-6956 [/QUOTE

Well I'll see how this one fits. If it won't work I'll definetly get ahold of you. My son isn't real crazy about going back to kick start after moving up to this one.

nastynotchback1
12-03-2009, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by dave5.0
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastynotchback1

864-993-6956 [/QUOTE

Well I'll see how this one fits. If it won't work I'll definetly get ahold of you. My son isn't real crazy about going back to kick start after moving up to this one.

LOL I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.I INSTALLED A PIPE A FEW WEEKS BACK THAT REQUIRES THE BATT BE MOVED SO WE WENT TO KICK START.HE CAN'T START IT AND I HAVE TO KICK IT FOR HIM.KIDS GOT IT MADE THESE DAYS.

dave5.0
12-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I already snagged the kick start off the Scrambler to use for a backup. I can't blame him for not wanting to kick it. I was on a Banshee for a looooong time and traded it for a LTR450. The magic button is nice.