PDA

View Full Version : 08 Ds 70 starting problems

drtracer27
11-30-2009, 05:50 PM
I have an 08 DS 70 that ran fine. My son was in trouble for most of the summer an not allowed to ride it besides he lost both keys. I would say it sat for 3 months without being started. It seems to get good spark. If you spray some gas in the intake it will start and run until it runs out. It has the little screw on the bottom of the carb bowl and if you just loosen it gas pours out, so the carb is getting gas. We took the carb of and checked the float and it seems to be fine. We sprayed everything in the carb and nothing seems blocked. If you take the spark plug out and clean it and dry it, then try to start it the plug will be wet. Anybody have any other ideas? The obvious thing I guess would be that the carb is bad? If that is the case anybody know anything about them, what size carb? brand? what else did they come on? Thanks

drtracer27
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Just figured I'd post the problem. We tried everything including adjusting the valves to get this thing to run. I had a spark plug that I pulled from a running quad that I put in it and no difference. I was at the dealer one day and bought a new plug, put it in and it fired right up. Boy did it make me feel stupid.

Anyway, the boy got a 20mm carb, intake kit and clamp on air filter for Easter and I just got done installing it and WOW is it a ton faster now. It is even fun for me to ride now. He would have had an exhaust as well but Hetrick didn't have one in stock on Friday. The carb is too rich but I don't want to start adjusting till I get the exhaust on.