PDA

View Full Version : Removing the starter on '94 lt 80

ryans760
11-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Can someone tell me how to take a starter out of a '94 LT 80? I have already taken out the two long bolts that go through the engine, is there a hidden bolt under the engine cover that I am not seeing? I called my local Suzuki dealer and they said you have to split the frame to get the starter out. Is this true? If it is how do you split the frame at the suspension point( which is where they said you had to be split it)? Thanks Ryan!

jvlavl
12-02-2009, 06:59 AM
it will come out without taking the front engine mount bolt out and raising the engine, but doing this helps the access. stand the quad up on its tail end. it will balance perfectlly. then you will be looking right at it. it also gets stuck in the engine so you may need to help it out by tapping or prying on it. there are only 2 bolts holding it on. hope this helps

LT80
12-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Taking the carb off will help.
They want you to remove the big long bolts on the front of the motor so it can be raised up.

ryans760
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Thank you for your help. I got it out, I had to remove the carb and the front bolt. They weren't kidding when they said that the starter was in there tight, I never would have pulled and pried on it that hard if I didn't know it was going to be stuck in there. That O ring sure holds a tight seal. Thanks again Ryan!!!