PDA

View Full Version : what are these quads?

KFX450Rrider490
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM
i see a few of you members are pretty loyal to this but what is the big deal with these bikes im not trying to dis anyone but id honestly like to know because they still make them yet no magazines ever talk about them or anything why?

oldmoto
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
They do not make them, atk makes one, not the same. If you evr get to rjde a dale you will see what the deal is, its better than any of the new 450's, it pulls harder, jumps better, and revs quicker. Just a great all around quad.

happyboy
11-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Magazines don't talk about them just like they don't talk about 250r or quadzillas. They are a dead brand/model. You do see pics of them everyonce in a while in the back sections which is cool.

And until you ride one you just won't "get it".

KFX450Rrider490
12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by oldmoto
They do not make them, atk makes one, not the same. If you evr get to rjde a dale you will see what the deal is, its better than any of the new 450's, it pulls harder, jumps better, and revs quicker. Just a great all around quad.

well then whats the difference i always thought they just bought them out then relesed them back into the market with a new name?

happyboy
12-02-2009, 06:28 PM
You are talking about ATK. ATK did buy up lots of old inventory, did some mods, and released them with the ATK badge. You will get differing opinions on ATK related to the cannondale quad. But the cannondale, which is what this forum and cannondaleriders is 99% about, is a hell of a machine that was the primary driver for alot of what you see on the market today. EFI, aluminum frame, etc...

oldmoto
12-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Nicely put! You Rock Happyboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldmoto
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
KEEP THE DALE'S ALIVE

mikecancu812
12-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree with everything said. The magazines ain't gettin any money for advertizing so they don't put any pictures in their mags. Dirt Wheels gets more money from Yamaha there for Yamahas win just about all shootouts. Its a conspiracy I tell ya.

happyboy
12-10-2009, 09:29 PM
You wanna see the obvious bias the mags have you should reread the old cannondale shoot outs. Its crazy to read how the raptor 660 and even the 400ex was better. lol, it couldn't have helped the cannondale cause thats for sure.

C41Xracer
12-12-2009, 04:01 AM
i loved my old speed/moto . i might own another some day

comander420
12-12-2009, 04:10 PM
The dales are an awesome one of a kind quad. They like to run high in the RPM range and just sceam and they have a nice feel to them and the frame is virtually indestructable. But it takes a person good with a wrench to own one as you can't take them to your dealer and if you did they would probably give it back to you in a box. I had 2 dales at one point a 440 speed that I bought new that was awesome and a timbo stroker 450 blaze the was completely bad a**. I missed the stroker till I got my can am.

mikecancu812
12-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I had a mint condition 660 raptor. Then I bought my Cannondale Speed. It was a little more banged up but totally love it. Put a little bit of money in it and sold the raptor. These just handle so much better and the top end is like riding a 2 stroke. About rips your hands off the bars. Plenty of parts around if you know where to look