PDA

View Full Version : Testing a starter on a lt 80

ryans760
11-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Hi, new to the forums! I was just wondering if anybody could help me with my 94 LT80 ? The starter wont turn over and I checked the relay by bypassing it with the red and white wire like i read in another post. The starter still wont move, all you hear is a click. The bike has sat for a while (I just got it yesterday) so I put wd-40 in the cylinder to help lube any stuck parts and bought a new battery for it. Now I think my next step is to test the starter. Any ideas on how to do it??? Thanks in advance Ryan.

alex2oo9
11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
do u have a little box at the rear, little red button? which should be pressed in

cheers

ryans760
11-30-2009, 01:27 PM
I got the bike yesterday and it had sat for a long time so things are not where they are suppose to be. I have taken all the plastic off of the bike to get to the engine. Is the box going to be zip tied to the frame or is it mounted to the plastic?
Thanks Ryan

alex2oo9
11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
the box on my quad is at the rear under the rear arch R/H

obviously u have the lever pulled up ner the brake yeah?

ryans760
11-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah I got that to work okay. I just tried jumping the starter with another battery and it didn't budge so now I guess I get to tear the starter off and try to clean it or replace the brushes if I can get to them. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.