PDA

View Full Version : Power inverters

SmthHonRider99
11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm looking at some power inverters so i can hook up a tv/playstation in the back of my bronco. I already have an amp and some driving lights hooked up to my battery, would it be ok to go ahead and run the inverter off of the battery as well? also would it interfere with my sub or anything if I ran it too close to my RCA's?

any input is much appreciated.

derekhonda
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
You might check how much "****" it will handle. Don't know if thats watts, amps, whatever . I have zero electronical knowledge, but don't go expecting to hook up an inverter and then run a bunch of stuff off of it. Mine only handles a radio or a small tv. Things it will not handle...tiny space heater, small compressor to fill up tires, i think it even kicked off when i was recharging a drill battery. Should not affect your battery really, i think that is why they kick off if you run too much too it because it takes only a tiny draw off your battery.

SmthHonRider99
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
you must have gotten a cheap one. im getting the 800w continuous. my question was if i put that on my battery along with my amp and offroad lights, would it be too much for the battery/alt. to handle?

derekhonda
12-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Very possible I did. The bottom line, there isn't gonna be an answer unless you find someone that knows electrical very well and knows all the specs on your exact vehicle. Everything that is drawing power and your alternator/battery specs.

IdahoMX
12-01-2009, 07:00 PM
You need a high output alternator, Maybe a second battery. Assuming you wanting to run these at the same time. Inveter will kill a single 12v quick. Most big diesal maotor homes run 4-6 6 volt batterys in able to run there tv and such of the inveter