PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help.

sandictive
11-29-2009, 08:01 PM
I am new to the forum and to the trx250r. I have taken it out once and ran fine until it felt as if it ran out of gas. Then it would start for a couple seconds then turn of again as if it was running out of gas. I have taken apart the carb and clean it all out. Still does the same thing. Any Ideas what else I can check to see. It is an 87 if this helps.

oachs83
11-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry if this sounds way to obvious but it happens. The tank has reserve and petcock moves to both sides to go from reserve to regular. Otherwise will it fire if you put some gas down the cylinder (just a tablespoon of gas). If so you still have a problem with fuel delivery. The petcock could be clogged or still have some debris in your carb. Blow it all out with a air compressor.

sandictive
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Checked the petcock and fuel is going through. Any other ideas

Thanks

rayman375
11-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Check your plug, clean the air filter?

oachs83
11-30-2009, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by sandictive
Checked the petcock and fuel is going through. Any other ideas

Thanks

Yeah but is fuel getting into your cylinder? If you kick it about a dozen times is your plug wet or dry? Like I said try a little gas in the cylinder then kick it over. If it fires and if your getting gas to the carb then we know the carb is still the problem. Precess of elimination.