PDA

View Full Version : need mx suspension setup help

nightmare311
11-29-2009, 04:51 PM
ok here's what i have
a 04 z400/ktm520 hybrid lsr +2+1 a arms lsr +11/4 swing arm
stock rear shock 08 ltr 450 front shocks..
that bike feels great on corners and small low speed jumps
and it does good on hard landings what the problem is that on high speed/longer jumps it jumps nose high.. i thought it was rider error but i had a friend ride it hes an x pro it was doing the same thing to him.. all my adj. was in the middle.. so i tried speeding up the rear by 7 click no luck so i tried to slow down the front by 1/2 turn nothing any help guys?

also heres a small video so show what im talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te7OX7EGMrQ

Lasher
12-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I will take a stab at this...

If the you speeded up the rebound and the rear did not kick up, then it is not the shock, but probably one of two things.

1) Throttle as you leave the jump.
That is a big motor and if you are on the gas as you leave the jump face, the front will stay high. I think this might be part of your issue, but...

2) Weight biased is off.
Chassis are design for a certain motor (weight) and be balanced. If you put in a different motor that either weighs more or shifts the weight towards front/rear, the quad will handle differently.

I think that this might be your problem. Take 4 scales and place them under each tire. See how much weight is on the front wheels and the rear wheels. (with you in riding position) I willing to bet that you have too much weight in the rear, couple that with a powerful motor and your front will want to stay high on bigger jumps.

Of course I could be way off...