PDA

View Full Version : diff. color pc reds?

tants
01-17-2003, 09:46 PM
any suggestions on what color to pc aarms? (deff some sort of red... redvein, trans red, ect.) im doing a gloss black frame with some sort of red aarms and swingarm.

thanks

(pics)

Sparks425Ex
01-18-2003, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't do Transred on the a arms. B/c in Trans Red there is alot of Metallic in it.(Chrome Base) Which makes the PC not as strong. And will wear off faster then one solid color with mayb a clear coat or noc lear coat.

Get the top a arms chromed and the bottoms in Mirror Red.

01-18-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
I wouldn't do Transred on the a arms. B/c in Trans Red there is alot of Metallic in it.(Chrome Base) Which makes the PC not as strong. And will wear off faster then one solid color with mayb a clear coat or noc lear coat.

this is correct about the transred.... perhaps "Red Baron"

racin 400
01-18-2003, 08:09 AM
Have them done in super mirror red.Its shiny and its strong because there is no other added powder.

tants
01-18-2003, 10:15 AM
pappy recondmended just plain bright red...

DaveEX7
01-18-2003, 11:20 AM
make um a real bright red:D

Tommy 17
01-18-2003, 11:22 AM
tants in this pic u can see my lower a-arms cherry red ( i think its the same as bright red not sure tell pappy same color as mine) and black top not sure what black...

Pappy
01-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex

ummm.....ALL of my bottom a arms get a clearcoat. they will last as long...IF not longer then ANY other color period. the clear is actually harder and more resistant to wear then the color coat. and if you say different....you do a set in anycolor ya want...and ill do mine...then we will hit the trails;)