PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays

Hetrick Racing
11-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Just wanted to share a little with everyone .
Back a few years I would post around this time of the year,wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season.Although there is more.

Some people may already know this but on Dec.23 ,2000 I lost my Father in a snowmobile accident,He loved racing and riding snowmobiles,actually he made fun of myself and brother because we raced something with tires and not a track.
Needless to say Holidays are tough for Hetrick Racing.
Then last year we lost Robin in the winter so that added to our grief.

Just want to ask everyone,I know you all love your kids ,do we tell them that enough?
I know you love your parents,do they hear that enough ?
I know I didnt let my dad know enough how I felt,although my mom says he knew you didnt have to tell him.

What I am trying to say is hug your kids and tell them how you feel.
Give a call to Mom and Dad if you are fortunate enough to still have them.Or just drop by.

The good Lord blessed us all with great friends and families.An excellent sport to play in.
Lets try not to forget that.

We dont know what tomorrow will bring so let them know each day.

To everyone from Hetrick Racing
Have a very Happy Holiday season
Be safe
Rich Hetrick

THARNESS
11-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the reminder Rich. We get so busy at times that we forget what is really important.

God bless,

The Harness Family

11-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I lost my father Dec 15, 2003 in a fatal car accident. I lost my tripplets on May 31, 2006. Holidays are getting better but it still hurts everyday. I speak with my mother, my brother and sister everyday. My family is very important to me. Family is all we have so its important to stay in touch everyday. This is my kids head stone. We decorate it for every holidayand season. Wish EVERYONE HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

quadnana7
11-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Gary and I have lost both of our parents. I am very fortunate to still have my grandmother who is the very young age of 98 and 8 months young and I always tell her how much I love her. So we know how important it is to always tell your parents how much you love them because once they are gone you can never say those words to them again. It is importantant to tell your family on a regular basis because we never know from one day to the next what life has in store for us. I am a prime example a year ago I would not have believed I would be paralized and in a wheelchair this Christmas. Thankfully I survived the accident with the grace of God and a lot of prayers and not to forget the capable hands of the surgeons. Most of all I am thankful that Christian only had minor injuries but he did see a lot of things that I am sure he will always remember.
Gary, Christian and I would like to say have a safe and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone.
Always remember that your last words to someone may be your last so always make those loving words so they will know how you feel about them.

bulldogfallon
11-30-2009, 02:01 PM
This is a great post Rich...

I think most of us get caught up in the day to day things and forget to "smell the roses" as they say.

Thank you

etondaddy
11-30-2009, 04:29 PM
I remember those old post on the old D5 site Rich.......... and this is just another great one. Happy holidays to all from Missy, Mike, & Kyle #5...... I'm going to call my Mom right now.

Mike Kozura

GNCC Laeger 250
11-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Excellent point Rich.......We all need to let the ones that mean the most to us how much you love them everyday.......

markvette
11-30-2009, 06:17 PM
i lost my father to cancer Dec. 25 1991, lost my oldest son may of this year, lost my brother in july this year. 2 weeks ago my sons best friend who he has raced with since they were 7 died in a atv accident at a florida track practicing before a race.. been a rough year for my family.

Mark

fish-d-fish
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey Rich, I had know idea..especially considering all of the times I have mentioned sleds while visiting. I would have loved to shake the mans hand that not only had a love for the snow but a love of that which really matters...the value of the preciousness of a human life, and the very apparent results he had on raising you. Very much the same. You have a wonderful family that shares the gifts of life that they come in contact with. We can all relate to tearing down components and fixing things when they catastrophically fail, but the only thing we can't bring back on this side of eternity is a life lost, Rich, it seems like you get that very well. Thank you for making my day.
Blessings,

Brian Hetzer
Proud dad of Robbie Hetzer #24

don bassani
12-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Great post Rich !! Life is so hectic today and fast paced that we lose track of the really important things.Visiting parents sometimes gets delayed because of our busy lives. I went to see my parents after reading your thread. I am also an avid snowmobiler like your dad was. I will ride more safely now because after talking to you at e-town, I realize how easy it is to "run out of real estate " in a corner and get in trouble. Thanks and HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Don