PDA

View Full Version : lrd standard pipe to big bore

01shee
11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Right now im running a standard lrd pipe on my 330. I love the way it pulls right now. I just got another quad i plan on parting out and it has a lrd big bore pipe. Will it pull the same down low or will it completly change the power band?

01shee
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Anyone? I guess best way to find out is to swap them out.

addictedtomud
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I am not sold on the "big bore" pipe. I have had the standard and big bore LRD side by side and the ONLY difference is where the silencer slips onto the pipe is about 1/8" larger in diameter. I have a 350pv and went from standard to big bore and I actually felt like I lost a little bottom end. I know its supposed to keep temps down, but that did not seem like a big problem for me before I switched.

HOLY CRAP I just looked on LRD's web site and a std pipe and silencer = $655 and a big bore = $715!!!!!

Seems like these have gone up about $50/year for the past 5 years...is it just me?

01shee
12-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I was taking some measurements and its a little bigger at the expansion chamber also. Im going to stick with the standard pipe. I have a oversize radiator so i have never ran hot before.

fastrnrik
12-01-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm the opposite. I had a 350PV with a LRD big bore pipe. I blew the 350, and put in a "backup" motor, a ESR 310 with TRX9 porting. I used the same LRD big bore pipe that was on the 350 on the 310. I just got it together and jetted but haven't really ridden it yet. I'm anxious to see how it does. If it don't rain here tomorrow I guess I'll get to find out. haha

addictedtomud
12-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I found no difference in the size of the header. Where the headpipe slides into itself (where the bolts are to adjust the length) is the same diameter from the standard to the bigbore. In fact, I interchanged parts from one to the other and got a nice snug fit both ways.

I am curious to see what you think of the performance difference!!

fastrnrik
12-01-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm curious too. I have been watching that Sparks mx pipe of yours on ebay, but I am just finishing building my sons mini quad and my girl would kill me if I spent any more money. LOL I got some parts to sell, so we'll see! hahaha

800screws
12-02-2009, 07:40 AM
sidetracking here brady.....when u going to hook me up some pics of your laeger!!!!

fastrnrik
12-02-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm waiting to get it sandblasted. It's a mess from a crappy powdercoat and strip. Just a freakin mess.... :( I haven't had time to mess with it because I've been building a mini for my son to race, and trying to get my R runningand switched from TT back to MX so I can race. All with no $$$! hahaha

How's that JP coming? You know it's faster because it's from FL right? Did you buy that $1800 pro trax from that goofball on ebay? hahaha

800screws
12-02-2009, 09:07 AM
lol! yeah, right...i called him out on so many fake bidders jacking up the price...he relisted like 2 times already...what a tool...

i bought carrier bearings, a tank, and a lsr stem clamp! that's my build! lol i just picked up a lt250r that was supposed to be my donor quad, but the thing was so mint, i don't want to strip it right yet....maybe after i ride it awhile i will....

i hear ya with the no $$$...that's what's stopping me. if that frame becomes a financial burden, hit me up! lol

fastrnrik
12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, that guy trips me out with his ebay games. I don't know who he thinks he's fooling. I won't buy anything from him. I talked to him on the phone and he jerked me around about every part I asked about.

I saw your donor quad over on the other site. It's a sharp ride. I wouldn't break it up either!

I'll let you know if it gets to where I can't afford to feed that Laeger anymore! LOL
Your wife would probably kill us both if I sold it to you. hahahaha

Did you get your track at your house done? I've been building and adding on to the track at my house. I've been making it mini quad friendly for my boy. It will be just under a mile long when it's done. It's kind of TT with smaller MX jumps. 3/4 of it is red clay, and the rest is sand. A nice mix of terrain, and a lot of fun. I wish I had some hills. It's flat as a pancake where I live. I also need some starting gates.....

fastrnrik
12-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by addictedtomud
I found no difference in the size of the header. Where the headpipe slides into itself (where the bolts are to adjust the length) is the same diameter from the standard to the bigbore. In fact, I interchanged parts from one to the other and got a nice snug fit both ways.

I am curious to see what you think of the performance difference!!

I rode the ESR TRX9 310 with the big bore LRD pipe today. First of all... I have only ridden my 350 PV motors for the past several years, and I've also been racing a 450 for several years, so jumping on a bike with this motor/pipe combo on a tight track was interesting to say the least LOL. Got to re-learn! haha. I know the TRX9 is a top end port, but I may try a different pipe to see if it helps with some bottom end. I will sacrifice some top end, but that's ok. Anyone have any pipe suggestions?

I think I need to hurry up and get my 350PV back together! haha