PDA

View Full Version : 450 Runs But Poorly Since Stator Change *HELP*

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Well I was at a race three weeks ago and in the middle of the race my quad died and lost spark. After messing with some stuff at my house we got it running for 5 seconds and then it lost spark and we never got it back running again. It ran just fine for that 5 seconds and that was the end of it. We checked the CDI Box, Rectifier, Coil, Spark Plug and it ended up being the excider coil on the stator. We changed the stator last night and got spark. Now here is the bad news following....

The quad will not run good at all now ever since we put it back together with the new stator. It idles basically fine until it warms up then it cuts out and starts to die. If you give it gas it pop and crackles and starts to kill the bike. It back fires and doesnt run right at all. People said it could be the timing, nope. We checked that today and it is perfectly fine. We cleaned the carb out thoroughly and Is still doing the same thing. The gas flows freely to the carb and the gas tank vent hose isn't clogged. What could be the solution to this mess? I am about ready to pull my hair out of my head with this frustration!! Please Help!

mc_racer
11-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Don't know if this is your problem, but I had a similar issue with the stator not grounding back to the main cases. I had corrosion on the alignment dowels and side cover bolts and since the stator bolts to the side cover and there is a gasket between the side cover and the main cases, I wasn't getting a good ground. I cleaned the dowels and bolts and it fixed the problem.
Try running a jumper wire from one of the cover bolts one of the motor mount bolts. If that fixes your problem, you have a ground issue between the stator and motor.