PDA

View Full Version : Riding Boots

rocksrisa
11-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi All,

Could you guys tell me opinions regarding riding boots? Do they help with jumping as opposed to wearing cross trainers?

I am looking at Alpinestars Tech2's which are lower than a traditional MX boot. I haven't tried them on or anything, so I don't know how they fit. Is shifting/braking more difficult with these? I am just wondering if these would be good to ask for a Christmas present.

Thanks,

http://www.alpinestars.com/Tech_2_Boot/pd/np/112/p/201807.html

rooster300ex
11-29-2009, 08:07 AM
It will be different shifting with riding boots. U will probably have to adjust your shifter up alil to get your foot under the shifter. With those kind of boots idk

U1arunit
11-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I have those exact boots. Break in is virtually non-existant and they are VERY comfortable. I was driving a friend of mine crazy with all the same questions and he talked me into these. I am glad that he did.

Shifting and braking with these are hardly any more difficult at all. They would serve you very well.

rocksrisa
11-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by U1arunit
I have those exact boots. Break in is virtually non-existant and they are VERY comfortable. I was driving a friend of mine crazy with all the same questions and he talked me into these. I am glad that he did.

Shifting and braking with these are hardly any more difficult at all. They would serve you very well.

Good to know about the shifting and braking U1.

I would get these boots mostly for the dunes, do they help with stability on the whoops, or jumping?

xtreme 250x
11-30-2009, 06:46 AM
I can't imagine riding without boots its like riding without a helmet.

In my opinion boots do help you ankle with stablity and protection.

U1arunit
11-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by rocksrisa
Good to know about the shifting and braking U1.

I would get these boots mostly for the dunes, do they help with stability on the whoops, or jumping?

Yes they are good for what they are.

I think if you want the ultimate stability though, the full length boots would be my choice. If I were skying off 60' jumps I would use them.

rocksrisa
11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, I am not planning on doing ANY 60 foot jump, so these should suit my needs.

U1arunit
11-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by rocksrisa
Well, I am not planning on doing ANY 60 foot jump, so these should suit my needs.

I agree then. ;)

mudslinger
12-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I would personally buy a full boot, for the shin and calf protection.
look at the ARC line at rockymountainatv.com for economy priced but servicable boots. IMO...

rocksrisa
12-22-2009, 11:23 PM
So you would recommend against getting these boots Mudslinger?

sparks1032
01-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Tough decision that is part of everything you make a decision for.... I have the full length "traditional" boots for protection as I grew up on two wheels and the dam things saved my shins and calves more times than I can remember!

HOWEVER most times riding recently a more COMFORTABLE boot would be appreciated like the one you are looking at! so its comfort/protection